Table of Contents
- Requirements you need to fulfill for admission to Yale University
- Yale University | In brief
- Yale University admission deadlines
- Yale University undergraduate admissions
- Yale University graduate admissions
- MBA in Yale University
- Steps to apply for Yale University
- US Visa application process
- Yale University admission decision
- Key takeaways
Requirements you need to fulfill for admission to Yale University
Admissions at Yale University are available in the Fall and Spring semesters. Yale University’s acceptance rate of 6.3% makes admission extremely competitive. International students from 120 countries comprise 21% of the university’s total student body. Yale University has a total enrollment of 6,494 undergraduate students. The university currently has an enrollment of 8,031 graduate and professional students. Yale University requires a GPA of at least 3.5 (83%-86%) for admission to master’s programs.
Yale University | In brief
Yale is a private Ivy League research university with over 4,800 faculty members, including visiting and resident professors. Yale College has a student-to-faculty ratio of 6:1, and 73.4 percent of its classes have fewer than 20 students. This allows for greater teaching flexibility and maximizes student-teacher interaction. Most majors require a final-year coursework submission, which could be a project, essay, research, or portfolio. The university provides opportunities for student-teacher interaction and allows students to complete their coursework by scheduling one-on-one sessions with their professors.
Yale University admission deadlines
International undergraduate admission deadlines are the same for fall and winter intakes. The majority of Yale University’s graduate programs are only available during the fall semester. Deadlines for all the courses might be similar or fall in consecutive months.
The following deadlines are approaching for undergraduates-
- Early Action- November 1
- Regular Decision- January 2
Yale University undergraduate admissions
The following undergraduate deadlines are approaching-
- Application- Online
- Application Fees- 80 USD (6,260 INR)
Undergraduate admission requirements
- Completed application
- Academic transcripts
- 2 Academic LOR
- One LOR from a counselor
- Mid-year report from school (preferably, the scores must be uploaded by the school counselor)
- Passport copy
- English proficiency test score
Yale University graduate admissions
Yale University’s graduate schools offer over 2,000 courses to interested students.
The requirements, application process, and fees for most graduate courses at Yale University vary.
Application Fees- 105 USD (8,200 INR)
Graduate admission requirements
- Degrees and transcripts (Min. GPA 3.5)
- Grading/evaluation system
- Official scores of GRE/GMAT/MCAT (valid for 5 years)
- Reference reports,
- Statement of purpose or objectives.
- English language test scores
- IELTS- 7
MBA in Yale University
MBA at Yale University is a two-year program offered as an integrated curriculum by the Yale School of Management. Currently, approximately 44% of Yale MBA students are international students. The GMAT score of the middle 80% of Yale MBA students ranges between 690 and 760.
Application Fees- 250 USD (19,570 INR). Waivers are available for students in need of funds.
Application Portal- Yale SOM Apply Online
- Academic records
- Executive assessment/GRE/GMAT (minimum GMAT score of 680)
- Work Experience
- Employer approval
- Professional LOR
- Area of focus
Steps to apply for Yale University
Step 1- Students can apply for postgraduate courses through the Yale Application Portal.
Step 2- Create an account, log in, and begin working on your application.
Step 3- Select an intake session and start the application process.
Step 4- You’ll be directed to the Yale University admission requirements and instructions page.
Read all the details carefully before proceeding with your application.
US Visa application process
Students must prepare a list of required documents before applying for a US student visa. The visa fee is approximately 160 USD (11,900 INR).
The following documents are required
- Form DS-160 Form I-20, from a US institution
- Original Marks Sheet or Provisional certificates
- Valid passport with minimum 6 months of validity
- SEVIS-Fee payment receipt
- Visa fees payment receipt
- Score sheet of standardized exams taken to study in the USA.
- Availability of sufficient funds
- Visa appointment letter (original as well as copy)
Yale University admission decision
- On April 1, students get a notification of their admission status via the Yale University Admissions Status Portal. By mid-December, application decisions for single-choice early-action candidates are announced.
- Accepted international applicants must obtain an F-1 or J-1 visa to study at Yale University. Students must consult the OISS (Office of International Students & Scholars) to adequately prepare for their immigration-related procedures and inquiries.
- International students can apply for a US visa only after accepting an offer on or before May 1 (for UG). The OISS issues an immigration visa (I-20) within two weeks. Following receipt of the I-20 visa, international applicants can pay the SEVIS Fee of 350 USD to obtain their F-1 visa.
- Yale University Admissions are available in the Fall and Spring semesters. The acceptance rate for the University is 6.3%, which makes admission extremely competitive.
- International undergraduate admission deadlines are the same for fall and winter intakes. Most of Yale University’s graduate programs are only available for the fall semester. Hence the deadlines for all courses might be similar.
- You can apply for courses through the Yale Application Portal. Create an account, select the intake session, and begin the application process. Check all the guidelines before proceeding with the application.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on admissions at Yale University. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: All you need to know about Tufts University
Q1. What does Yale look for in a student?
Ans- Yale University seeks students who have consistently excelled in challenging high school courses. In their evaluations, your high school teachers can provide extremely useful information. You can add these evaluations to your application.
Q2. Can I apply to Yale without an IELTS score?
Ans- If you have (or will soon have) an undergraduate degree from a college or university where English is the primary language of instruction, you are exempt from the English Language Test requirement and do not need to take the TOEFL or IELTS.
Q3. Does Yale offer in-person tours?
Ans- There will be a $50 fee for each group of up to 25 people. Private tours for individuals or small groups are also available at the university. Call 203-432-2300 to make a tour request. Yale advises all outdoor tour participants to be up to date on COVID-19 vaccination.