Table of Contents
- About Trent University
- Why study at Trent University?
- Trent University ranking
- Trent University Peterborough campus
- Academic skills
- Exams accepted by the university
- Trent University programs
- Graduate programs
- Student life
- Cost of living for international students
- Living on campus
- Key takeaways
About Trent University
Trent applies critical, integrative thinking daily across all disciplines. Trent’s one-of-a-kind approach to personal development through supportive community engagement is in demand. Students set the example by co-creating experiences based on dialogue, different perspectives, and collaboration. Trent University’s Peterborough campus is on the banks of the Otonabee River, 90 minutes from downtown Toronto. Let us find out more about Trent University in detail.
Why study at Trent University?
Here’s why we should study at Trent University
- Th University provides scholarships, grants, student jobs, and outside aid to international students.
- It is Canada’s leading scholarship provider. This University scholarships include Trent University Entrance Scholarships, IB Entrance Scholarships, Trent International Global Citizen Scholarships and Awards, Justin Chiu International Scholarships, and Trent International Program Tuition Levy Scholarship.
- Trent provides you with invaluable real-world experience. You will collaborate with top faculty on research projects on campus, in the community, and worldwide through experiential education and hands-on research.
- Trent’s academic environment, approachable professors, and active student life will challenge and inspire students.
Trent University ranking
Here is the rankings for this University
- It has a 1458 World Rank by Center for World University Rankings 2023
- Ranks 34 National Rank by the Center for World University Rankings 2023
- Ranks 1497 in Best Global Universities by US News & World Reports 2022
- Rank 35 in Best Global Universities in Canada by US News & World Reports 2022
Trent University Peterborough campus
Trent’s Symons Campus, located in the vibrant city of Peterborough, is a stimulating learning environment. And, with a vibrant downtown, shops, restaurants, and entertainment within walking distance, you can easily enjoy everything Peterborough offers.
This University, located in Central Ontario, in the Kawarthas- the ‘Land of Shining Waters’ is a vacation area known for its beautiful lakes and water recreation.
Peterborough is a thriving multicultural community with over 140 arts and culture organizations, including a 700-seat theatre, art galleries, museums, historic sites, and other performance venues.
On the campus alone, you’ll find the Wenjack Theatre and the Nozhem First Peoples Performance Space, which host live theatre, dance, and music performances. Students run The Seasoned Spoon, an alternative organic/local food café on Trent’s Symons Campus. 134 lakes surround Trent University in Peterborough.
Trent provides online resources, workshops, and individual appointments to help you improve and refine your skills for university success.
- Find online resources for writing, citation, study skills, time management, and other topics.
- Bring your questions or work to your appointment.
- Helps find out about upcoming events or workshops.
Here’s how you can apply to Trent University
- Use the OUAC or University’s Portal application portal.
- Complete all the requirements for the program to which you want to apply.
- Examine your application, then upload the necessary documents.
- Complete the application fee payment.
You need to submit the below documents
- The result of the English language proficiency test
- Purpose Statement
- Recommendation Letter
- CV or resume
- Photographs in passport size
- Passport photocopy
Exams accepted by the university
|MS||IELTS- 6.5 or higherTOEFL- 93.0 or higher|
|MIM||IELTS- 6.5 or higherTOEFL- 93.0 or higher|
|BBA||IELTS- 6.5 or higherTOEFL- 86.0 or higherPTE- 59.0 and above|
|B.E. / B.Tech||IELTS- 6.5 or higherTOEFL- 86.0 or higherPTE- 59.0 and above|
|B. Sc||IELTS- 6.5 or higherTOEFL- 86.0 or higherPTE- 59.0 and above|
Trent University programs
Below are some of the undergraduate programs from This University
- Accelerated Masters
- Accelerated Masters
- Applied Ethics (Option)
- Applied Indigenous Knowledge
- Bachelor of Arts & Science/Medical Sciences- Trent/Swansea Dual Degree
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Biomedical Science
- Business and Arts
- Chemical Physics
- Child & Youth Studies
- Circumpolar Studies (Diploma – online only)
- Circumpolar Studies (Option – online only)
- Climate Change Science & Policy
- Data Analytics
- Data Science (B.Sc.)
- Ecological Restoration
- Economics (Co-op Available)
- Economics (Co-op Available)
- Education (Option)
- English Literature (Co-op Available)
- Forensic Science
- Forensics and Arts, Forensics and Science
- Information Systems
- Information Systems & e-Commerce (Co-op Available)
- Integrated Arts
- Law & Policing
- Legal Studies (Option)
- Linguistics (Option)
Below are some of the graduate programs from this University, which include thesis-based master’s programs, Ph.D. programs, specializations, and more
- Masters of Arts in Applied Modelling and Quantitative Methods M.A
- Masters of Arts in Canadian Studies and Indigenous Studies M.A.
- Masters of Arts in Cultural Studies M.A.
- Masters of Arts in History M.A
- Masters of Arts in Educational Studies M.Ed
- Canadian Studies Ph.D.
- Cultural Studies Ph.D.
- Psychology Ph.D.
- Instrumental Chemical Analysis
- Mental Health and Addictions Nursing G.DIP
- Aging Studies
- Feminist and Gender Studies
Trent University offers on-campus housing as well as off-campus housing options to its students. Take a look-
- This University allows undergraduate and graduate students to live on campus.
- Undergraduate students can live in one of five residential colleges on the university’s Peterborough and Durham campuses.
- Shared apartments, studio apartments, and apartments with three, four, or more bedrooms are among the various types of residences.
- The university works with Places4Students.com to help students who can live off-campus find suitable and appropriate housing.
- The annual student rent is 14,450 CAD.
Here’s what Trent University offers
- Trent University’s Student Facilities department advises and supports students on financial and practical issues, sports facilities, and student associations.
- This University has nearly 20 graduate, 60 undergraduate, 60 professional programs, and over 100 clubs and organizations.
- There are three varsity clubs and twelve varsity sports teams on campus (fencing, cross-country running, and golf).
Cost of living for international students
These expenses are based on a twelve-month budget. Your costs may vary depending on your lifestyle, room selection, travel home, cell phone, new or used books, etc.
Living on campus
|Books and supplies||$1,000-1,500|
|Residence room and board||$10,509-14,980|
|Total||$43,609 – 48,580|
- For admission to Trent University, international candidates must complete and submit admission applications, supported by specific admission-oriented documentation.
- The college offers certificates, degrees, diplomas, and specializations in various fields, including biology, anthropology, African studies, anthropology, and accounting.
- This University ranks 1458th worldwide by the Center for World University Rankings 2023.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us for more information on This University by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Birmingham City University | Courses, ranking and student life
Q1. Does Trent University provide scholarships and awards to international students?
Answer- Trent University provides a limited number of highly competitive international scholarships and awards to undergraduate students.
Q2. Can international students work while attending Trent University?
Answer- International students registered for full-time study at Trent are permitted to work on campus without a work permit. On-campus employment opportunities are available in facilities owned, leased, or rented by the university.
Q3. What is the Trent University acceptance rate?
Answer- Trent University ranks in the top 3.4% of universities worldwide. Furthermore, it is Ontario’s leading university for undergraduate studies. As a result, enrolling in this university is simple and easy. Trent University has a 33% acceptance rate.