Table of Contents
- Scholarships at Aoyama Gakuin University | Your path to financial support
- Importance of scholarships
- Aoyama Gakuin University Scholarships
- AGU Industry-University Collaborative Global Scholarship for international students
- Extracurricular Scholarships and Recommendations (students chosen by AGU)
- Monbukagakusho (MEXT) Honors Scholarship for privately-financed international students
- Monbukagakusho (MEXT) Scholarship-Research students
- Application process
- Key takeaways
Scholarships at Aoyama Gakuin University | Your path to financial support
Located in Tokyo, Japan, Aoyama Gakuin University is famous for its commitment to academic excellence and for fostering a diverse and talented student body. The cost of tuition and living expenses can be a significant concern for aspiring students seeking higher education at this prestigious institution. Aoyama Gakuin University offers a variety of scholarships to help ease the financial burden for deserving students. This blog will discuss the essential information you need to know about scholarships at Aoyama Gakuin University Aoyama Campus.
Importance of scholarships
Before discussing the specifics of scholarships at Aoyama Gakuin University, let’s understand why scholarships are so crucial for students. Scholarships serve as a financial lifeline for many, making higher education accessible to individuals who might not otherwise afford it. These funds can cover tuition fees, textbooks, accommodation, and other essential expenses. It allows students to focus on their studies without the overwhelming pressure of financial constraints.
Aoyama Gakuin University Scholarships
Aoyama Gakuin University offers several scholarship programs to cater to a diverse range of students. Here are some of the key scholarships available-
AGU Industry-University Collaborative Global Scholarship for international students
Eligibility for application- Undergraduate/Graduate international students who have a student visa
- 300,000yen for 1 year (Undergraduate/Graduate 1st year students and Doctorial Course students)
- 300,000yen/500,000yen for 1 year (Undergraduate 2nd ~ 4th year students, Master’s Degree/Master’s Course students after 2nd year)
No. of applicants- Unlimited
Period of application
- May – June (Enrollees in September)
- September – October (Enrollees in April)
Payment period- 1 year
Eligibility- Candidates with excellent academic achievements and character.
Extracurricular Scholarships and Recommendations (students chosen by AGU)
Private educational institutions created the following scholarships with varied goals (scholarship foundations, and so on).
You can apply for scholarships at the Student Affairs and Welfare Division (Aoyama campus) or the Academic Fees and Scholarships Division (Aoyama campus).
Outside organizations, such as private foundations and businesses, provide numerous scholarships for overseas degree-seeking students. The Academic Fees and Scholarships Division (Aoyama campus) / Student Affairs and Welfare Division (Sagamihara campus) manages them. You must first register with the Academic Fees and Scholarships Division to apply for some of them. For more details, you can also visit the ‘Financial Aid’ page on the AGU Student Portal Site.
Monbukagakusho (MEXT) Honors Scholarship for privately-financed international students
Undergraduate or graduate degree students are eligible to apply.
- 48,000 yen per month for undergraduates
- 48,000 yen per month for graduates
Application period- April through May
Payment period- One Year and Six Months (if additional applications are received)
Scholarship goals- This scholarship from JASSO helps international students who pay their tuition privately. To be eligible for this scholarship, students with financial issues must demonstrate a strong character and excellent academic records.
Monbukagakusho (MEXT) Scholarship-Research students
Graduate students and people from countries with which Japan maintains diplomatic ties are eligible to apply.
Age limit- 18-35 years old
- For graduates- 143,000–148,000 yen per month for tuition and travel costs
Application period- August through September of the year before you expect to receive the scholarship.
Payment period- The minimum duration of the normal course
Scholarship goals- The Japanese government is providing this scholarship (Monbukagausho-MEXT). The MEXT and the local embassy choose candidates.
Note- You can apply if you’ve never received other scholarships.
To apply for scholarships at Aoyama Gakuin University Aoyama Campus, you will need to follow a well-defined application process. Here is a general outline of the steps involved
- Before applying for scholarships, you must secure admission to Aoyama Gakuin University Aoyama Campus. Scholarship applications are typically considered after a student has been admitted to the university.
- Identify the scholarships that match your eligibility and needs. Carefully review the requirements and deadlines for each scholarship program. Scholarships may have different application deadlines, so it’s crucial to stay organized and submit your applications on time.
- Gather all the necessary documents, which may include academic transcripts, financial statements, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement. Be sure to check the specific requirements for each scholarship you intend to apply for.
- Fill out the scholarship application forms accurately. Pay close attention to any essay or personal statement requirements, as these are opportunities to showcase your qualifications and motivations.
- Submit your scholarship applications by the specified deadlines. Ensure that you have included all required documents and double-check for any errors or omissions.
- Some scholarship programs may require applicants to participate in an interview as part of the selection process. Prepare for the interview by researching common interview questions and practicing your responses.
- After submitting your scholarship applications, you’ll need to patiently await the results. Scholarship committees will review applications and notify successful recipients.
- Scholarships play an important role in making higher education accessible by alleviating financial burdens and allowing students to focus on their studies.
- Aoyama Gakuin University offers various scholarship programs catering to both domestic and international students.
- Secure admission to Aoyama Gakuin University before applying for scholarships. Identify relevant scholarships, gather required documents, and submit applications by specified deadlines.
- Stay informed about scholarship opportunities, requirements, and deadlines to increase your chances of securing financial support for your education.
We hope you found this blog informative and helpful. If you have any questions or require further details about scholarships, admissions, or any other inquiries related to studying abroad, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’re here to assist you on your journey to academic success and achieving your goals.
Liked this blog? Read next: Why study in the UK? | Is it your ideal studying abroad destination?
Q1. What is the acceptance rate for Aoyama Gakuin University?
Ans- With an acceptance rate ranging from 10 to 19%, Aoyama Gakuin University is a very selective higher learning institute.
Q2. What are the IB requirements for Aoyama Gakuin University?
Ans- To have a strong chance of being admitted to Aoyama Gakuin University, applicants must maintain an IB score of at least 37.
Q3. How much does it cost to go to Aoyama Gakuin?
Ans- The minimum annual tuition at AGU is 4,999 USD for international students.