Table of Contents
Baldwin Wallace University | Excellence in education
Baldwin Wallace University (BW) continues to receive high marks for affordable excellence in rankings that students refer to find the right college fit. For over 175 years, BW provides students with a personalized education based on a strong liberal arts curriculum and a dedication to real-world preparation. Its excellence earns it a spot on numerous college lists.
Baldwin Wallace University | A brief overview
Founded in 1845, BW was one of the first colleges to admit students without regard to race or gender, a tradition that continues today. Located in Berea, Ohio, Baldwin, Wallace University is an independent liberal arts and sciences university that offers bachelor’s and master’s degrees, certificates, and professional education programs.
Baldwin Wallace University is a community of scholars that dedicates itself to the liberal arts and sciences as the foundation for lifelong learning. The university carries out this mission through a rigorous academic program distinguished by excellence in teaching and learning in a challenging, supportive environment that fosters students’ intellectual and spiritual growth.
Baldwin Wallace prepares students and teaches them to be contributing, compassionate citizens in an increasingly global society, and encourages them to pursue personal and professional excellence.
Students won’t have to choose between the suburbs and the city. The university’s location, in a historic, residential community with miles of recreational parkland, is only 20 minutes from Cleveland’s thriving business and cultural center. It’s the ideal setting for liberal arts learning and practical career preparation, with easy access to internships and field experiences for almost any interest. BW at Corporate College East in Warrensville Heights, including the main campus, offers evening and Saturday classes for bachelor’s and master’s degrees in business, professional development, and executive education.
BW empowers its students to take the initiative and seize numerous opportunities for success. Small class sizes, supportive teaching faculty who act as mentors, and access to regional business and thought leaders are available at the university.
Students can select from several hands-on experiential learning opportunities, including undergraduate research and creative projects. Students also get exciting service-learning and study-abroad opportunities, field experiences, internships, and leadership training.
Campus of Baldwin wallace university
BW has a campus covering over 100 acres. Baldwin Wallace University has two academic campuses. The main campus is in Berea, while BW Business College East is in Warrensville Heights. BW has approximately 3,050 full-time undergraduate students, 800 adult learners on weekends, and 830 graduates.
The student government has three branches- the executive branch (consists primarily of the student body’s president, treasurer, and assistant treasurer). They manage the budgets of all student-government funded organizations), the legislative branch(comprises of undergraduate senates that organize elections and serve as the student’s voice to the institution), and the judicial branch (they are the justice department to resolve disputes)
There are over a hundred organizations classified as sports, arts, Greek, media, cultural, and so on. There are five fraternities, five sororities, and several honoraries on the BW campus. April Reign, The Baldwin Wallace Bach Festival, Dance Marathon, Mid-Night Madness, The White Rose Ceremony, and Homecoming are all important traditions at BW. BW also holds a few smaller festivals.
The university’s athletic teams compete in NCAA Division III and the Ohio Athletic Conference. Rugby, Racquetball, Running, Volleyball, and Rowing are the most popular sports here. There are several activities for students to participate in. The university’s Media Organization operates a personal radio and television channel.
Courses at Baldwin wallace university
For more than 175 years, BW is popular for educational leadership and innovation.
Students learn to think critically and communicate effectively through a foundation in the arts and sciences. Many cutting-edge programs available at BW develop tangible professional skills and career options that match your academic passion, and BW’s majors build on that critical foundation.
The university offers unique opportunities to add entrepreneurship and innovation skills, as well as experiential learning, to a student’s educational resume. It gives all the students an advantage as they transition from BW into their careers.
Common bachelor’s study areas-
- Business administration and management
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Marketing/marketing management
- Early childhood education and teaching
- Biology/biological sciences
- Music teacher education
US News & World Report
- 10 in Regional Universities Midwest
- 7 in Best Colleges for Veterans
- 6 in Best Undergraduate Teaching (tie)
- 5 in Best Value Schools
- 4 in Most Innovative Schools (tie)
- 29 in Top Performers on Social Mobility (tie)
- More than 50,000 people have graduated from BW.
- BW recognizes career accomplishments through Alumni Merit Awards or induction into the BW Athletic Hall of Fame.
- BW has a volunteer organization that organizes events, raises funds for student scholarships, and promotes the organization.
- Alumni can get free tickets to cultural or sporting events at BW.
- Good news, such as a promotion, childbirth, or marriage are regularly shared throughout the community with blessings.
- Established in 1845, Baldwin Wallace was one of the first inclusive colleges. Located in Berea, Ohio, Baldwin Wallace University is an independent liberal arts and sciences university that offers degree, certificate, and professional programs.
- The BW campus spans over 100 acres. It has two academic campuses. BW has approximately 3,050 full-time undergraduate students, 800 adult learners on weekends, and 830 graduates.
- BW students learn to think critically and communicate effectively through a foundation in the arts and sciences. Many of its cutting-edge programs develop tangible professional skills and career options.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on Baldwin Wallace university. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Dayton University application fee and other costs
Q1. Is Baldwin Wallace a public or private institute?
Ans- Baldwin Wallace University (BW) is a private university in Berea, Ohio.
Q2. Is it difficult to get admission to Baldwin Wallace?
Ans- Getting admission to Baldwin Wallace University is easier with a 79% acceptance rate.
Q3. What is the application fee for Baldwin Wallace University?
Ans- BW does not accept any fee for submitting an application.