Table of Contents
- About Dayton University
- Why study at Dayton University?
- Undergraduate international students’ costs
- Affordable education
- Estimated academic program costs
- College of Arts & Sciences
- Graduate students
- Key takeaways
About Dayton University
Founded by the Society of Mary (Marianists) in 1850, the University of Dayton is a top-tier research university known for its academics, research, and community involvement. As a Catholic research university, its spirit fuels an insatiable curiosity that drives it to seek the truth. It encourages us to think beyond the obvious solutions and to apply our knowledge to make a difference. There’s always something fun to do on and around campus. It’s on the banks of the Great Miami River in southwest Ohio, less than two miles from downtown Dayton. They are a community of doers. The university is the best place to study, have fun, and look for a job! Take a look at Dayton University application fee and more.
Why study at Dayton University?
Here’s why you should pursue education at Dayton University-
- There are 11,770 undergraduate, graduate, and law students at the university.
- The university has 125,000+ living alumn worldwide.
- It is the number one Catholic university for engineering R&D.
- To help build a greener world, the university is a founding member of the STARS system. They received a gold rating for their sustainability efforts.
- The on-campus Health Center provides high-quality health care. The Counseling Center offers various resources to help you cope with issues, overcome obstacles, and achieve a more balanced lifestyle.
Undergraduate international students’ costs
Students may apply to the University of Dayton through the University of Dayton Application, the Common Application, or the Coalition Application. There is no application fee, regardless of which application you submit.
Dayton is an affordable city. Housing, food, transportation, and entertainment cost significantly less in Dayton than in other cities in the United States. Undergraduate tuition for international students for the year 2022-23 is as follows-
- Tuition- $46,170 (fall and spring terms only)
- Living costs- $16,465 (it includes University of Dayton housing and meal plan for 12 months)
- Insurance and other costs- $4,750 (includes mandatory health and accident insurance, transportation, books, and more estimated for 12 months)
Students need to provide a letter of financial assistance and an official bank statement proving they have a minimum of 67,385 USD. The bank statement and the letter of financial support must have the same name.
- The financial records must be less than six months old.
- You can submit the financial records in your home currency if they equal the required sum in USD.
- Students who receive financial support from the government or consulate of their home nation must provide the official financial guarantee letter.
The University of Dayton is proud to offer graduate students low-cost tuition. Tuition for graduate programs at UD is comparable to graduate programs at public institutions in the United States.
Tuition for graduate students varies depending on the number of credit hours they register. The tuition and university fees will be billed to them by the university. They will, however, need to budget for living and miscellaneous expenses.
Estimated academic program costs
The costs below show an estimation of expenses for one year of attendance for the academic program. This total will list on your immigration document (I-20) to obtain your student visa. The total costs below include-
- Tuition for fall and spring terms only
- Living expenses for 12 months
- Miscellaneous costs for 12 months (it includes mandatory health and accident insurance, transportation, books, son on)
College of Arts & Sciences
- Clinical Psychology- $39,110
- Public Administration and Religious Studies- $28,570
- All other programs- $34,060
- Religious Studies- $26,050
- All other programs- $35,680
School of Business
- Master- $35,680
School of Education
- Dietetics and Nutrition- $29,200
- Music Therapy- $30,010
- All other programs- $28,570
- Doctoral- $32,170
School of Engineering
- Master- $34,060
- Doctoral- $35,680
Graduate tuition costs for international students, 2021-2022
2021-2022 graduate tuition costs per semester
|Masters, Arts and Science and Engineering per credit hour||$1,005.00|
|MBA, MFin, MPAcc per credit hour||$1,095.00|
|Ph.D. Biology and Engineering per credit hour||$1,095.00|
|Ph.D. Religious Studies per credit hour||$840.00|
|Masters for Religious Studies, Fall and Spring per credit hour||$700.00|
|Masters for Religious Studies, Summer per credit hour||$485.00|
|MPA per credit hour||$700.00|
|English (Teaching Track only) per credit hour||$700.00|
|Masters, Music Therapy||$780.00|
|Bachelor plus Masters per credit hour||$700.00|
School of Education and Health Sciences tuition costs per semester 2021-2022
|Masters per credit hour||$700.00|
|Education Specialists Program per credit hour||$840.00|
|Ph.D. per credit hour||$900.00|
|Online courses for full-time Catholic Educators and Lalanne students||$350.00|
|Professional Development Workshop||$190.00|
|Professional Development Workshop- UD provided instructor||$215.00|
|Doctor of Physical Therapy includes lab, professional, and clinical charges||$12,415.00|
|Physician Assistant||Costs by Cohort Group|
|Dietetics and Nutrition- Masters Program||$735.00|
2021 -2022 Miscellaneous Graduate Charges
|Audit Rate per credit hour (it’s rounded to next dollar)||1/2 regular rate|
|University Charge per semester||$25.00|
|Late Registration Charge ($25 per week)||$75.00 max|
|Credit by Examination (the EM credit) per credit hour||$35.00|
- Dayton is a top-tier research university. It offers world-class academics and encourages students to push their limits.
- Dayton University does not have any application fees.
- The undergraduate tuition fee for international students at the university is $46,170.
- Living costs at the university are $16,465. It includes the University of Dayton’s housing and meal plan for 12 months.
- Insurance and other expenses at the university sum up to $4,750. It includes mandatory health and accident insurance, transportation, books, and more estimated for 12 months.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your perspectives about the blog in the comments below. Please get in touch with us by clicking here for more information on Dayton University’s application fee. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Everything you need to know about Clayton State University
Q1. What is a good salary in Dayton, Ohio?
Answer- Annual salaries in Dayton range from $38,924 (25th percentile) to $66,258 (75th percentile). Salaries will vary depending on your occupation, experience, and various other factors.
Q2. What GPA do you need for the University of Dayton?
Answer- You need a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 across all schools attended. Prerequisite science courses must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. All general prerequisite courses must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Q3. What programs is the University of Dayton known for?
Answer- As a premier research university, the University of Dayton offers world-class programs in engineering, business administration, education, health sciences, and the arts and sciences.