Table of Contents
- Lambton College | Revolutionizing post-secondary education
- About Lambton College
- Study programs available at Lambton
- Three reasons why the training is worthwhile
- Leadership and management
- Industry and Trades
- Project management
- Credentials awarded
- Key takeaways
Lambton College | Revolutionizing post-secondary education
The story of Lambton College began in Toronto in 1965 when a delegation from Sarnia-Lambton answered the call of William G. Davis, Ontario’s then-Minister of Education, who had recently announced his vision of a college system that would revolutionize post-secondary education across the province. Hence, Lambton came into existence. Lambton College believes that everyone should be able to live a full and authentic life. It believes that the college campus should reflect the rich diversity of its student body and the communities it serves. The college also accepts the responsibility as an educational institution to take a leadership role in advancing the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion in the region and across the country. Let’s take a deeper dive into the courses offered by Lambton College.
About Lambton College
Lambton College has been serving Canadian and international students for over 50 years and has truly evolved from a public, non-profit college to a global provider of post-secondary education. It commits to providing high-quality education and training while also contributing to the community’s social and economic well-being. Through its onsite training centers, Lambton College provides relevant, career-focused education to meet growing demands in the fields of energy and bio-industrial technology, as well as fire and public safety. Lambton College provides international students with a world-class education at an affordable price.
Among Canadian colleges, the college is famous as a leader in applied research, and it has received numerous awards for innovation, quality, and community service. Its facilities include cutting-edge health labs and classrooms, a well-equipped fitness center, a large gymnasium, and interactive student social spaces. Lambton College graduates have a competitive advantage in terms of employability and practical work experience.
Lambton College is the preferred higher education partner for students seeking hands-on advantage while preparing for careers in traditional and emerging industries. Lambton College takes great pride in providing personal attention to each and every student’s professional future. At its core, Lambton provides opportunities for innovation, rigorous quality in programs and services, and energy invested in the things the college cares about the most; each and every student, staff member, and partner.
There are three categories of the study programs namely Canadian learners, international learners, and online learners.
Lambton College’s Research & Innovation department specializes in working with small to medium-sized businesses (SMEs) as well as organizations from a variety of sectors in a wide range of research areas.
- Bachelor of Science – Nursing
- Business – Accounting
- Business Administration
- Business Administration – Accounting
- Cannabis, Natural Health Products & Biomaterials – Applied Science
- Chemical Laboratory Technology
- Chemical Production & Power Engineering Technology
- Child & Youth Care
- Communicative Disorders Assistant
- Community Integration through Co-operative Education
- Computer Programmer
- Construction Boilermaker
- Construction Carpentry Techniques
- Construction Maintenance Electrician
- Culinary Management
- Early Childhood Education
- Electrical Power Distribution & Control Technician
- Electrical Techniques
- Environmental Technician – Water & Wastewater Systems Operations
- Esports Entrepreneurship & Administration
- General Arts & Science – College Exploration
- Health Care Management & Leadership Development
- Heating, Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Technician
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering Technician – Industrial Automation
- Liberal Studies
Study programs available at Lambton
Since 1976, Lambton College’s Fire School has evolved and expanded to establish itself as an industry leader in providing Industrial and Municipal Firefighter training. What distinguishes Lambton from its competitors is its ability to customize training to meet any industrial fire hazard. Clients from the United States and around the world are welcome to train at the world-class facility. Lambton also provides best-in-class training facilities for its fire training courses. The college offers industrial, municipal/RTC, and custom training courses,
Some of the fire training courses available at Lambton
- Extinguisher Fundamentals
- Hazmat Incident Commander
- Introduction to Interior and Exterior Firefighting
- Advanced Interior Firefighting
- Introduction to Exterior Firefighting
- Incident Command for Industry
- Advanced Exterior Firefighting
- Hazmat Technician
Lambton College’s Corporate Training team believes that to grow your company, your organization skills must also grow. Growth is not only in terms of numbers but also in capability, skills, and knowledge. Your company will inevitably grow as your team grows. There is a direct link between employee training and development and employee satisfaction and loyalty. Employees trained at Lambton can help make the organization successful and improve their performance.
Three reasons why the training is worthwhile
Employee retention rates increase by 70% when training programs are available for all employees.
Training programs provide organizational benefits and cost savings that outweigh the initial investment.
Training is an essential part of succession planning.
Corporate training courses are available in the following areas-
Computer hardware and software
Microsoft Office and Excel Level 1, 2, and 3, OneNote, Accounting Software, and Project Management Software, e.g. Primavera, Microsoft Project are some of the course offerings.
Communication Skills, Time Management, and Presentation Skills are some examples of course offerings.
Leadership and management
Practical Management Skills, Team Building, Marketing and Sales, Energy Management, Budgeting
Industry and Trades
Some examples of course offerings are-
Extrusion Training, Water and Wastewater, Working at Heights
Introductory, intermediate, and advanced project management courses are examples of course offerings.
Micro-credentials are individualized, competency-based training programs at Lambton College that enable students to-
- Receive credit for existing skills
- Rapidly acquire the skills required to advance in their careers
- Master competencies in a self-paced, flexible learning environment that rewards experience and offers accelerated training in specific skills.
All micro-credential learning units
After completing an individual learning unit, you will receive a digital badge describing the competency covered.
Students may be eligible for a micro-certificate that focuses on a specific competency area. When a student completes a specific grouping of learning units then they receive a micro-certificate.
Ontario college diploma
Students who successfully complete all the learning units in a micro-credential pathway may be eligible to apply for graduation from an Ontario College Certificate program. Some micro-credential pathways do not lead to a full Ontario College certificate. Students must also meet the admission requirements to be eligible for the Ontario College certificate.
Micro-certificates are classified according to program pathways. If you want to work towards a specific micro-certificate, look into the various program areas that are available.
Each program pathway describes the individual learning units and micro-certificates that are available for that particular micro-credential pathway.
- Food service worker
- Personal support worker
- Welding fundamentals
All micro-credential learning units
Some of the micro-credential learning units are listed below. You can complete the learning units without completing a micro-certificate.
- Adhere to Clients’ and Families’ Rights
- Adhere to Food Service Standards and Practices
- Adhere to Professionalism in PSW
- Adhere to Safety and Sanitation Principles in Food Service
- Adhere to Safety Measures and Quality Assurance in Food Service
- Handle Conduct and Culture in the Food Service Workplace
- Handle Transfers, Falls, Ambulation and Safety
- Intro to Micro-Credentials
- Lambton College has been serving Canadian and international students for over 50 years and has evolved from the public, non-profit college to a global institution for post-secondary education.
- Lambton College is a preferred choice as a higher education partner for students seeking hands-on advantage while preparing for careers in traditional and emerging industries.
- Study programs at Lambton have three categories- Canadian learners, international learners, and online learners. The college also provides courses in fire training, corporate training disciplines, and micro-credentials.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on Lambton College Courses. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Pacific University | Rankings, programs, fees, and more
Q1. Is Lambton College the best choice for international students?
Ans- Lambton has a notable business, research, medicine, and other specialization programs. Lambton College provides an excellent education at a reasonable cost to international students. Students will also have the opportunity to gain work experience through part-time, volunteer, on-campus employment, co-op placements, and post-graduate employment.
Q2. Is it difficult to get admission to Lambton College?
Ans- Lambton College has an acceptance rate of 80% which makes the admission process to this college relatively easy.
Q3. Is IELTS required to get admission at Lambton College?
Ans- Applicants must submit one of the following scores to demonstrate language proficiency to get admission at Lambton- TOEFL iBT 69; IELTS 6.0