Table of Contents
- About Robert Gordon University
- Facts and figures about the university
- Study at Rober Gordon University
- Undergraduate courses
- Top Robert Gordon University courses
- Key takeaways
About Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University consistently ranks among the top universities because of its approach to postgraduate employment. The university is the top university in the UK for graduate employment, with 97.7% of students graduating with first degrees (HESA Destination of UK Leavers’ Survey 2013/14). Since employers want more than just a degree, 90% of the courses offer placements ranging from six weeks to a year. Robert Gordon University has study-abroad agreements with over 80 universities in 24 countries. Let’s find out more about Robert Gordon University courses.
Facts and figures about the university
Below are some facts and figures about Robert Gordon University-
- Ranks 2nd in Scotland for teaching quality (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022).
- Ranks as the top modern university in Scotland for course satisfaction (Guardian University Guide 2022).
- Ranks as the top modern university in Scotland for student experience (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022).
- Ranks 2nd in Scotland for personal tutors (Student Crowd 2022) thanks to the university’s efforts in supporting students as they transition to university, accessing support services, and helping them thrive beyond course work.
- Ranks 2nd in Scotland for learning community (National Student Survey 2022).
- Ranks 2nd in Scotland for learning opportunities (National Student Survey 2022).
- Ranks under the top 10 in the UK and top three in Scotland for student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2022).
Study at Rober Gordon University
RGU offers a variety of courses at various levels and routes. You can also transfer from college to university or participate in the widening participation program. Here are the types of study at the university-
- Undergraduate courses
- Postgraduate courses
- Online learning courses
- Short courses and professional development
Choosing where to study for your undergraduate degree is a big but exciting decision. There are several reasons why applying to Robert Gordon University (RGU) is the best choice for you. GRU is one of the top ten universities in the UK for overall student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2022). The university takes pride in its student-centered approach and inclusive and welcoming learning environment.
They ranked first in Scotland and third in the UK (excluding small, specialist institutions) for employability and further study (HESA Graduate Outcomes 2022), with all their undergraduate courses designed to provide students with the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed in future professional careers. The university offers courses in various subjects such as, computing, art and design, creative industries, engineering, business and law, health professions, and architecture and the built environment.
Some of the undergraduate courses are as follows-
- Accounting and Finance
- Architecture, Construction & Surveying
- Art and Design
- Business and Management
- Communication, Marketing, and Media
- Events, Tourism, and Hospitality
- Health and Sport Science
- Nursing, Midwifery & Paramedic Practice
- Pharmacy and Life Sciences
- Social Studies
Top Robert Gordon University courses
Accounting and Finance
The BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance degree from Robert Gordon University will provide you with the academic knowledge and understanding, practical hands-on skills, and broader abilities required for a successful career. Established relationships with professional bodies and employers ensure that the course is current and relevant to the accounting profession.
Accounting with Data Science
BA (Hons) Accounting with Data Science at RGU will help you develop the business and digital skills you’ll need to advance your career. An introduction to data science, with core accounting knowledge, will ensure that graduates have valuable and relevant skills to meet the changing accounting profession’s demands.
This one-of-a-kind online Business Management degree from Robert Gordon University responds to the changing needs of global business by allowing you to earn a formal degree while working. It will help you advance your professional and personal development by putting what you’ve learned into practice.
Business with Finance and Economics
The BA (Hons) Business with Finance and Economics course at RGU will give you a solid foundation in key business disciplines. Furthermore, you will gain a specialist understanding to interpret, communicate, and apply financial and economic data to improve business-strategic decision-making.
Digital Marketing and Business Analytics
Robert Gordon University offers the only BA (Hons) Digital Marketing and Business Analytics degree in Scotland, preparing you to design, manage, and deliver analytics projects in the context of digital marketing. You will gain the knowledge, creativity, and technical skills needed to succeed in today’s increasingly digital and data-driven marketing environment.
Robert Gordon University provides an intensive and practical BA (Hons) Journalism degree that will prepare you for a rewarding career in journalism or a related industry. Their multimedia course will equip you with critical knowledge and specialist theoretical, analytical, and production skills to work in this fast-paced environment.
Computing- Application Software Development
The Computing- Application Software Development degree at Robert Gordon University is a two-year top-up program that leads to an Honors degree for those with a relevant HND. The course will expand your knowledge and skills in software and systems development, web and mobile development, and the ability to create sophisticated applications that will change the world of tomorrow.
Cyber Security and Network Management
The Cyber Security and Network Management degree at Robert Gordon University is a two-year top-up program that leads to an Honours degree for those with a relevant HND. Almost every aspect of modern life depends on the efficiency, dependability, and security of computer networks, from how we communicate with family and friends to the operation of a business.
- RGU offers a variety of courses at various levels and routes. You can opt for undergraduate, postgraduate, online learning, or short-term courses.
- Robert Gordon University offers courses in various subjects such as computing, art and design, creative industries, engineering, business and law, health professions, and architecture and the built environment.
- The university ranks 2nd in Scotland for learning community (National Student Survey 2022).
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more information on Robert Gordon State University courses. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Oregon State University | Admission, programs, and more
Q1. How long does it take to get admission to Robert Gordon University?
Answer- If you apply directly to Robert Gordon University, the university will approve your application within five working days if the application contains all the information required to make a decision.
Q2. How are the industry connections at the university?
Answer- The university is constantly engaging with and expanding its industry connections to ensure that the courses are demand-driven, of the highest quality, and tailored to meet the current and future needs of employers. Many courses will allow you to gain work experience or placement and collaborate with businesses on live projects.
Q3. What is the acceptance rate for Rober Gordon University?
Answer- Robert Gordon University has an acceptance rate of 68.9%, making it a moderately selective institution for international students.