Table of Contents
A career in the armed forces is one of the most respected and prestigious careers in India. Defence jobs in the country are replete with challenges, responsibility, excitement, and adventure.
Pursuing a career in defence opens several opportunities for discipline and personal growth. The security associated with an honest and respectable government job in defence is also significant, given the economic climate post the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here are the 5 best defence jobs you should consider in 2022!
5 best defence jobs in 2022
The personal satisfaction associated with a career in defence is a significant factor contributing to your professional decisions and development.
Some of the most popular defence jobs are as follows –
Air force officer
- The Indian Air Force is among the major arms across India. The primary responsibility of an air force officer is to guard and protect the country against external aggression in the air.
- As an air force officer, you need to manage personnel on base camps, formulate high-level strategies & tactics, and manage supplies during emergencies.
- One of the most popular defence jobs in the air force is that of a pilot. Pilots have flying duties that can vary from mission to mission. For instance, a pilot may need to fly fighter planes or fly carriers that provide supplies during calamities.
- Another popular defence option to consider is that of a logistic officer in the Air Force. A logistic officer is primarily responsible for ensuring that defence operations execute with no hitches. In the case of conflicts, a logistic officer implements strategies to ensure all functions are smooth and efficient.
- The career of a naval officer is among the most prestigious and dynamic defence jobs that you can consider.
- The right education and training is of utmost importance for a Naval officer. It includes concepts such as –
- Anti-submarine warfare
- A naval officer’s primary responsibilities include maintaining territorial integrity, surveillance, and safeguarding the shores of the country.
- Naval officers navigate vessels using a wide range of satellite & radar equipment and systems.
- A naval officer needs to supervise the operation & maintenance of dock machinery. These officers ensure the maintenance of the ship and that the health & safety of all the crew is within limits.
- Soldiers are among the most popular defence jobs by aspirants across the country.
- These professionals work together cohesively and accomplish daily assignments, tasks, and special missions.
- Training in combat skills and the use of arms within the defence forces is of primary focus. They form the backbone of national military capability.
- They are also trained to engage with and neutralize enemy combatants in armed international conflicts.
- One of the key responsibilities of these professionals includes the operation & maintenance of military equipment, such as military vehicles and machine guns.
- Senior soldiers undertake tasks such as managing and coordinating subordinate soldiers and training them with a wide range of military equipment.
- The position of a constable is among the defence jobs that allow you to maintain peace and order within a particular jurisdiction only.
- The role and responsibilities, however, can vary depending on the country and state.
- Generally, they are peace officers who share responsibilities with professionals like sheriffs and police officers.
- The selection of a constable is either through election or appointment. They are also trained in enforcing laws and can act as court processors by serving summons to defendants.
- In some cases, constables can also serve as bailiffs in a courthouse, allowing them to share the same duties as a law enforcement officer.
Indian coast guard
- The position of an Indian coast guard is among the few defence jobs that aim at shore management.
- These professionals provide protection and assistance to fishermen in distress while at sea.
- Training to preserve and protect the maritime environment is essential, which includes the control of marine pollution.
- An Indian coast guard’s other responsibilities include assisting customs and government authorities in anti-smuggling operations.
- Indian coast guards also ensure the safety and protection of the artificial islands, installations, off-shore terminals, and other structures in a maritime zone.
What are the benefits of a career in defence?
There are several benefits with a career in the defence forces. These include:
Professionals in the defence services need to be physically fit and active. Therefore, the habit of an excellent lifestyle that is complete with nutritious food and regular exercise is one of the most significant benefits of a career in the defence forces.
Opportunities for travel
If serving the nation is on your list of professional responsibilities, you can accomplish this goal while also traveling to new places! Professionals in the defence forces are required to move regularly from one region to the next across the country. You will, therefore, be interacting with new people and learning new cultures as a consequence of your travels.
Officers in the defence are often entitled to several benefits for their families and dependents. This includes loan privileges, canteen privileges, free schooling, and housing facilities across the country.
- A career in defence is among the most promising and lucrative professions that you can choose.
- You can opt for several recognized defence jobs based on your interests and professional goals.
- The benefits of a career in the defence sector are plenty and include benefits to dependents, opportunities for travel, and reinforcement of healthy lifestyles.
Did you enjoy this blog? If yes, please share your thoughts in the comments below. Click here to reach out to us for more information on the best defence jobs in 2022! We would be happy to assist you with your queries!
Liked this blog? Read next: Top 10 highest paying jobs after 12th
Q1. What are the different types of soldiers in defence?
Answer – The different types of soldiers in defence include technical soldiers, nursing assistant soldiers, clerks, tradesmen, and general duty soldiers (GD).
Q2. What are the eligibility criteria for joining the defence?
Answer – You will need to be a 10+2 graduate to join the defence. Additionally, you should complete the selection process and be deemed mentally & physically fit.
Q3. What are the different departments in the defence?
Answer – The different departments in the defence include Indian Army, Indian Air Force, Indian Navy, Indian Coast Guard, Border Security Force, Central Reserve Police Force, and DRDO.