Table of Contents
- Masters of Fine Arts
- Eligibility criteria
- Popular MFA degrees
- Best MFA colleges in Australia
- Future scope of getting a degree from best MFA colleges in Australia
- Popular Job Profiles
- Key takeaways
The days of having only a small window of professional opportunities and everyone choosing the same old occupations are long gone. Arts were once seen as a source of aesthetic pleasure, and people who practiced or studied them were always judged. However, as times changed, the conventional views of the arts as a career field have significantly changed as well. The digital era may be responsible for expanding the range of artistic endeavors and bringing in a variety of outlets for artists to express themselves more freely.Today, more and more students choose to major in fine arts, which includes the diverse fields of performing arts, visual arts, and creative writing, among others.A postgraduate degree may be the best route to take if you want to learn more about this field.Now art also has career opportunities in abroad lets see some of the best MFA colleges in Australia
Masters of Fine Arts
MFA degrees can help you develop your craft and discover original ways to start learning. There are several master’s of fine arts degrees accessible, so you may select the ideal one for your specific abilities and professional goals. These programs range from music theatre to multimedia.
Most Masters of Fine Arts programs need two years of full-time course to complete, although some colleges offer degrees that can be finished in just one year.
The first step should be to familiarize yourself with the requirements of institutions abroad if you want to acquire an MFA degree in your chosen branch.
The general admission requirements for obtaining a master’s degree in fine arts are as follows-
- The standard formal education of 10 + 2 (High school certificate) from an accredited institution
- A minimum GPA and a bachelor’s degree in the field you intend to study for an MFA are necessary.
- A High score on tests of English language skills, such as the IELTS or TOEFL, SOP, and LOR
- Although it is not required, applicants must have some years of work experience in the relevant industry.
- Some colleges may need applicants to pass the appropriate entrance exam in order to pursue the desired MFA degree.
These eligibility criteria might change from one university to the other.
Popular MFA degrees
|Master of Fine Arts||MFA Visual Art|
|Master of Fine Arts Painting||Graduate Certificate in Fine Art|
|Master of Fine Arts in Studio Art Film Production||MA Fine Art Drawing|
|MFA in Illustration||MA Fine Art Print Making|
|Master of Fine Arts Full Residency||Master of Fine Arts in Book Arts|
|MA Fine Arts Sculpture||Post Graduate Diploma in Fine Art|
|MA Fine Art||Master of Fine Arts in Writing for Dramatic Media|
|MFA in fine art||Master of Fine Arts in Ceramics|
|MA Fine Art Computational Arts||MA Fine Art Drawing|
|MA Fine Arts Sculpture||Master of Fine Arts in Fibers|
Best MFA colleges in Australia
Most of the world’s best colleges offer an MFA degree since it is in high demand among design students. Universities are creating distinctive and popular fields in which you can pursue this degree in addition to the usual specializations.
The most famous MFA colleges in Australia (ranked according to names) are listed below
Course- Master of Research(Fine Arts)
Total fees- AUD 72,800
The University of Newcastle
Course- Master of Philosophy(Fine Arts)
Total fees- AUD 65,330
Federation University Australia
Course- Master of Arts(By Research)
Total fees- AUD 34,950
The University of New South Wales
Course- Master of Fine Arts(by Research) (Media Arts)/(Design)
Total fees- AUD 74,880
Course- Master of Fine Arts
Total fees- AUD 72,960
The University of Sydney
Course- Master of Fine Arts
Total fees- AUD 80,000
Victorian College of Arts
Course- Master of Fine Arts(Research)
Total fees- AUD 78,976
The University of Western Australia
Course- Master of Fine Arts(Research)
Total fees- AUD 67,600
Future scope of getting a degree from best MFA colleges in Australia
Nowadays, many young people are pursuing their artistic ambitions by obtaining an MFA in order to work in the creative industries. A student with an MFA degree is qualified to work in the following business fields
- Art galleries
- Dance academies
- Music studios
- Gaming industry
- TV channels
Popular Job Profiles
Here is a list of well-known job profiles you should be aware of to give you a clear idea of the opportunities you can get once you have earned your Master of Fine Arts degree from best MFA colleges in Australia-
- Art Restorer
- Creative Director
- Graphic Designer/ Artist
- Music Producer
- Radio Jockey
- The Master of Fine Arts(MFA) is the highest degree in the field of fine arts. These degrees can help you develop your craft and discover original ways to start learning.
- There are several master’s of fine arts degrees accessible, so you may select the ideal one for your specific abilities and professional goals. Most of the world’s best colleges offer an MFA degree, since it is in high demand among design students.
- Many young students are pursuing their artistic ambitions by obtaining an MFA in order to work in the creative industries of their choice. A student with an MFA degree is qualified to work in the business fields like arts, sculpting, creative writing, entertainment, media, etc.
- Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on the best colleges for an MFA in Australia. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: 5 best colleges for MFA in the United States- QS world ranking.
Q1. Which country is best for a Master of Fine Arts course?
Ans- Popular art travel locations include the United States, the United Kingdom, Italy, Australia, the Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, and Sweden), Italy, and France. There are many universities in these countries that offer MFA courses.
Q2. Is a Master of Fine Arts Degree worth it?
Ans- Being certified to teach at both the undergraduate and graduate levels with an MFA will not only help you advance as an artist but also secure your financial future.
Q3. Are MFA programs hard to get into?
Ans- MFA schools tend to accept applicants who have been out of school for some time, who have demonstrated their ability to work on their own, and who may even have a publication or two or have contributed to the arts community.