Table of Contents
Post the COVID-19 pandemic, a significant portion of learning has shifted online. There is now a growing requirement for professionals who have the relevant knowledge and skills needed to train students in different disciplines on a digital platform. Pursuing a career with one of the best online teaching jobs can be an excellent way to keep the momentum going professionally. This is regardless of the limiting circumstances that continue to present to the global economy.
Here are 12 excellent online teaching jobs that can help you establish yourself post-COVID-19!
There are several lucrative online teaching jobs available across a wide range of subjects and catering to different categories of students. With the many options that are available, it becomes easier for you to select an opportunity that is most aligned with your interests and financial expectations.
Here are some quick considerations –
- VIPKid is a Beijing-based platform that offers some of the best online teaching jobs across the world.
- As a requirement, you will need to have a bachelor’s degree, learning experience, and a functioning laptop or desktop computer with a camera and headset.
- One of the key features of this platform is that the organization takes care of the lesson planning, grading, and overall curriculum development. This ensures that you can concentrate on working and interacting one-on-one with your students.
- The contracts issued by this company are for 6 months, and you can choose the hours that suit your schedule.
- Payments are on time, with direct bank deposits scheduled between the 10th and 15th of every month.
- DaDa is the first company based in China to partner with the American TESOL Institute. Therefore, you can expect the educational standards of this company to be quite high; only applicants who have an approved bachelor’s degree from an eminent university are eligible.
- The instructional format of this platform is one-on-one tutoring. Therefore, if you enjoy individual learning over group classes, this organization offers online teaching jobs that will be apt for you.
- While the scheduling of the classes can be flexible, the company requires teachers to work a minimum of 10 hours per month.
- Based on your performance and reviews from your students, you stand the chance to gain bonuses, sign-ups, or referrals. If your contract has undergone a renewal, you can expect a raise.
- The organization has positions open for teachers across all learning levels – from students to elementary schools, to high school, and certification courses.
- Preply is a dedicated online language learning platform where students opt for a schedule with their preferred tutor at their own pace and time.
- One of the advantages of online teaching jobs from this platform is that there are no specific certifications that you require!
- However, Preply takes a commission from the lessons invested in helping you connect with students globally.
- The commission also invests in providing learning materials and video tools that can cater to the online education requirements of students.
- As you continue to work for this company, the commission decreases depending on the number of hours you have dedicated to teaching.
- Instructional Connections offers online teaching jobs that are to a slightly older audience, such as college students. The advantage, however, is that you will not need a Ph.D. to work with your students.
- Instructional Connections has several partnerships with different universities and colleges, providing support to both faculty and students.
- As a part of this platform, you will not be fully responsible for creating and delivering your own classes. Instead, you will be eligible to assist with existing courses under the titles of ‘Teaching Assistant’ or ‘Academic Coach’.
- There is a spotlight on these professionals improving the educational experience of students, rather than emphasizing course development.
- If you are looking for traditional online teaching jobs, this may not be the best option for you.
- Requirements for this platform include a Master’s degree for most positions.
- The instructors are also the primary point of contact for students and answer queries and deal with grades.
- Lingoda is a European-based language school that offers courses delivered by English, French, German, and Spanish native speakers.
- All the courses comprise small groups of students and you will have the advantage of setting your own hours.
- With an offer for one of the online teaching jobs provided by Lingoda, you will also receive 25% financial compensation for the language courses you deliver.
- You will need a minimum of two years of teaching experience, besides an ESL teaching certificate to receive an offer from this platform.
- One should also be a native speaker of the language you are teaching and have the leeway to perform work as a freelancer.
- You receive an hourly remuneration that depends on your location, your qualifications, and the language you teach.
- Kaplan is one of the world’s largest educational platforms, serving more than thousands of university partners, businesses, and students.
- Their primary services include university preparation offerings, English-language training, professional education, test preparation, and higher education.
- A minimum requirement for one of the online teaching jobs offered by this platform is a related degree and previous experience.
- In some cases, you may need to meet your tutee one-on-one by a videoconference to better understand their queries and concerns.
- Your remuneration depends on the discipline you are teaching. They provide you with compensation for every hour that you invest in the platform.
- iTutorGroup is one of the most demanded educational platforms, offering courses that connect you with students across Asia seeking to learn English.
- To teach on this platform, you will need to have a bachelor’s degree and an English language certificate (such as TESL, TEFL, and TESOL).
- If you meet the requirements set by the organization, you can consider applying on their website for one of their coveted online teaching jobs.
- Once they approve your profile, an algorithm defines to match you with prospective students and schedule your classes.
- You may need to interact one-on-one with students depending on their queries and requirements. They offer compensation on an hourly basis and depending upon the quality of training that you provide.
- If you have no time on your schedule, owing to other professional commitments, some of the online teaching jobs by Qkids may be a great fit!
- One of the advantages of this platform is that classes are between 5:40 A.M. and 8:10 A.M. 7 days a week.
- On Fridays and Saturdays, classes are after 7:40 P.M.
- As a result, it becomes significantly easier for you to accommodate an online teaching job with your existing schedule, allowing you to earn more.
- To be eligible for a teaching position on this platform, you will have to be a United States or Canadian resident.
- You will also need a bachelor’s degree or be a part of an undergraduate university course.
- As a limit, you will need to teach a minimum of 6 hours a week. Prior teaching experience is advisable for additional benefits and financial compensation.
- If you are looking for an opportunity to earn money for speaking English, this is the platform for you!
- On this platform, you will be required to interact with students from all over the world. In some cases, you may also be required to interact online with other tutors to understand a student’s concerns and queries.
- You can also select the hours you would like to work and log in when it is convenient for you. In other cases, you can also consider booking a scheduled shift for one of their online teaching jobs.
- A requirement for this platform is that you need to be a native English speaker.
- You will also be paid per minute and your earnings will be delivered every Monday via the application Paypal.
- K12 is one of the most recognized educational platforms in the United States. This company offers online education and training for students from elementary to high school.
- The courses cover a wide range of subjects that are designed to give students an alternative to in-person and traditional methods of instruction.
- With one of the online teaching jobs offered by this platform, you can interact with students from a wide range of backgrounds.
- This includes home-schooled students, the children of military families, students who travel for work or professional activities, and aspirants looking for career-specific coursework.
- Additionally, the company offers a wide range of online training courses that are designed to keep teachers up-to-date on the latest teaching strategies, technology, and information.
- In several ways, the K12 teaching structure is designed to imitate traditional classroom experiences online.
- Instead of one-on-one tutoring, you can utilize online classrooms to meet with different students, present lectures of your choosing, and answer questions & queries.
- Italki is regarded as the world’s largest marketplace for online teaching jobs in languages.
- This means you can sign up for work on the platform if you are fluent in a specific language.
- One of the advantages of a job on this platform is that you can set the pay rate that you charge. It is crucial that you price yourself accordingly, keeping in mind student requirements.
- The platform provides two levels of language instruction – Community Tutor and Professional Teacher. In the former case, you will not require a teaching certification. A Professional Teacher, on the other hand, will need a university degree, a teaching certification, and professional experience in the field.
- You can also set your own rate, keeping in mind the criteria established by the platform.
American Public University System
- The American Public University System comprises the American Military University and the American Public University.
- This platform offers remote education for learners who are not necessarily post-high-school traditional students.
- As a result, the organization hires faculty for remote positions.
- The requirements for a position on this platform are on par with other university postings. The platform primarily looks for instructors that have a Master’s degree or a Ph.D. qualification.
- Having field experience is a bonus, as the classes are typically designed to help students sustain practical careers.
- As a full-time faculty member, you will be required to prepare and teach your own curriculum. You will also need to grade assignments and facilitate intellectual discussions pertaining to topics discussed in the online classroom.
- Some fields may require in-person work. If this is not your cup of tea, there are plenty of opportunities for remote-only teaching.
- As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, education across the globe has shifted online. This has created a plethora of lucrative online teaching jobs for aspirants with the relevant skills and qualifications.
- As an online teacher, you can opt for a discipline that is aligned with your interests, qualifications, and specialization.
- One of the advantages of online tutoring is that you can choose your own hours. This can be aligned with your schedule to help you make the most of your opportunities.
- Choose from the online teaching jobs offered by the above platforms to make the most of your teaching experience!
Did you enjoy this blog? If yes, please share your thoughts in the comments below. Click here to reach out to us for more information on the best online teaching jobs for you! We would be happy to assist you with your queries!
Liked this blog? Top 7 online part-time jobs students can do from the comfort of their homes
Q1. Can I sign up for an online teaching job with an online certification in my discipline?
Answer – This may vary depending on the platform you are applying to. In most cases, you will need to have a Bachelor’s or Master’s qualification and experience in teaching students.
Q2. Can I take online classes on a part-time basis?
Answer – Absolutely! There are several platforms that give you the opportunity to teach as per your time and schedule convenience.
Q3. Does teaching experience online qualify me for opportunities that are location-based?
Answer – This will vary depending on the requirements of the employing agency. However, in most cases, online teaching experience contributes to the overall experience you have gained in the industry.