Table of Contents
Freelance writing jobs | An overview
Freelancing has a plethora of benefits that can lead to a successful career. As a matter of fact, you can choose your projects and clients with the opportunity and responsibility. From location to rates to the multi-faceted exposure, they contribute to your career as a freelancer. If you enjoy writing and want to start out as professional, freelance writing jobs are the best way forward.
10 best platforms offering freelance writing jobs in 2022
- Blogging Pro is one of the most beginner-friendly platforms offering a wide range of freelance writing jobs.
- Unlike other popular platforms, Blogging Pro is a job board that offers more than just content writing jobs. For instance, there are freelance opportunities, such as –
- If you want to expand from content writing to another niche within the field, this is an ideal platform. Some of the popular niches on this website include –
- Social media content writing
- Celeb writing
- Poker news writing
- Stock market writing
- Within 24 to 48 hours of your application, you will be notified of suitable job postings.
- Blogging Pro also boasts a wide range of blogs that help freelance writers worldwide get more clients.
- As a matter of fact, you can ask for referrals, write quality posts, and so on.
Freelance Writers Den
- It is one of the best resources for freelance writing jobs, especially if you are just starting your career.
- The site is much more than a job board! In fact, for USD 40 a month, you get access to more than 400 hours of “boot camps”.”
- You will learn how to maximize your profits as a freelancer.
- It will also provide you with hundreds of unique forums where you can ask questions.
- It is one of the best platforms for resources to train you with the relevant skills required in the industry.
- Here, you can listen to podcasts by expert guests, access the 24/7 community of freelancers, and much more.
- One of the advantages of using this platform for freelance writing jobs is getting direct job referrals to some of the highest quality writing gigs with the ‘Den 2x program’.
- Contena is among the premium websites that offer a wide range of freelance writing jobs.
- One of the unique features of this website is that they have a ‘writing job finder.’
- It is software that automatically compiles a list of the best freelance writing gigs that suit your requirements.
- You can search and sort through all the listed jobs with the given filters to find an opportunity that is most aligned with your professional goals.
- As a result, you save a lot of time and effort in finding freelance writing jobs as per your requirements and specifications.
- The kinds of jobs you can expect can range anywhere from one-month contracts to one blog post in a specific niche.
- You can also subscribe to their ‘Alerts’ mailing list to get writing gigs sent to your inbox daily, based on the criteria you establish (such as niches and rates).
- Another advantage of opting for a writing job from this platform is that there is a wide range of features that cater to beginners and veterans alike.
- For example, the ‘Publish’ feature of Contena allows you to build your online portfolio to showcase relevant information about your skills.
- ‘Pro Rates’ is another feature that shows you the exact average rates writers earn for their work, so you can price yourself accordingly.
- Finally, ‘Coaching’ grants you access to professional help that can be leveraged to enhance your freelance writing skills.
- Fiverr is a micro-jobs website and you can get started on some of the best freelance writing jobs for free.
- You can create your independent freelance profile and list your offerings for writing services, specifying your requirements and rates.
- Fiverr allows you to directly interact with the authorities, offering the job, and allowing you to understand their specifications one-on-one.
- Fiverr also has a feature where you can directly share your link with potential clients who are not on the platform.
- One of the advantages of seeking freelance writing jobs on this website is that the payment process occurs through the portal on the platform. Therefore, there are little to no hassles concerning ensuring you get your payment on time. You can also change your price after you gain an ascertained level of experience, expertise, and good reviews.
- After you set up your profile, you can customize the notifications to receive an instant message when someone is interested in offering you a gig.
- Contently is a platform for the more experienced freelancers in the industry.
- The organization actively helps qualified writers with gigs for some of the big-name international companies like Walmart, Google, and Coca-Cola.
- The remuneration associated with these freelance writing jobs is significantly higher than on other platforms.
- However, you only receive a writing job if you qualify and meet the requirements set by the concerned organization.
- An advantage is that you can put the organization’s name on your portfolio website, which can help bring more clients in the future.
- One aspect to keep in mind is that you cannot pitch your writing services directly to these organizations.
- Instead, Contently has designated talent scouts that look through different writers’ portfolios to find a professional who best fits the concerned brand.
- If you are selected, you can negotiate a rate, and Contently will share all the relevant information about the assignment via email.
- This platform was created to cater to the requirements of freelance writers working from all over the world.
- You can create a custom job search profile that meets your requirements. These include your preferred work schedule, experience level, and categories of expertise.
- You can also set alerts so that you are notified when new freelance writing jobs are posted on the platform and match your search criteria.
- You can opt to work on two or more projects simultaneously, and correspondence happens via the platform itself.
- A subscription on this website can cost you USD 9.95 per week, USD 24.95 per month, USD 39.95 for three months, or USD 59.95 a year.
- In the earlier stages of online freelancing (around 2015), two of the largest job sites, Elance and oDesk, joined hands to create a brand new platform called Upwork.
- Upwork has now evolved to become an organization that is home to more than 12 million freelancers, 5 million clients, and 3 million freelance writing jobs per year.
- The writing jobs available span a wide range of niches, including technical documentation, website copywriting, resume writing, and blogging.
- One of the advantages of this website is that you can also opt for short-term or long-term contracts, depending on your requirements.
- Upwork also offers hourly work and project-based payments, allowing you to earn per writing gig you commit to.
- The plethora of freelance writing jobs available on this website means that if you submit your proposals on time, you will always find work opportunities.
- An important aspect of this platform to keep in mind is that the organization charges a 20% commission on the first USD 500 that you make with a client.
- You will also be required to pay up to USD 0.90 per proposal for the job listings you were not specifically invited to apply for.
- Therefore, you will have to shell out money to build your portfolio until it has reached a steady stage on the platform.
- Much like Fiverr and Upwork, Guru is a micro-gig economy site that offers a wide range of freelance writing jobs for you to choose from.
- You can sign up on the website for a free account that will automatically direct you to some of the countless writing projects you can bid on.
- You can also choose to get paid per milestone, task, or hour. Unlike the other micro-gig websites, Guru necessitates that projects are funded before they begin. Payment methods include –
- Payoneer Mastercard
- Wire Transfer (for banks outside the United States)
- Direct Transfer (for banks within the United States)
- You can also opt for writing gigs across a wide range of niches, finding an opportunity that is most aligned with your talents and requirements.
People Per Hour
- People Per Hour is a platform that offers a wide range of jobs to different types of freelancers. The website is not limited to freelance writing jobs alone but is an excellent place to start in the field.
- Businesses that need to communicate the value of their products to the audience use this platform to post listings every month.
- If you have skills such as voiceovers, video editing, and graphic design, you can opt for projects that include a mix of writing and related skills.
- You simply have to go on the website and create an account as a freelancer. You can then type out the kind of job you are looking for in the search bar and pitch your services and prices to the businesses that have relevant listings.
- Textbroker is a freelance writing website that operates as a large-scale agency, offering several freelance writing jobs to choose from.
- The organization vets freelance writers for quality and then gives them access to a wide range of blogs, web copies, press releases, and product descriptions.
- The website claims to deliver more than 100,000 content orders in a month!
- To sign up on this platform, you will need to verify your United States citizenship and submit a high-quality writing sample.
- The company will then assess your work and give you a rating out of 5, allowing you to kickstart new projects with the right clients.
- One of the advantages of this platform you can jump into an ‘open order’ (which is on a ‘first come, first serve’ basis).
- You can also consider getting placed with a team of other writers who are hired together.
- In circumstances where you would like to work independently, you can opt to have clients send you the work directly.
- The platform singularly manages the project workflows and payments.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has ushered in an era of freelancing, with several lucrative opportunities available for professionals with relevant skills.
- Opting for a freelance writing job is an excellent way to adopt the ‘laptop lifestyle’ and work on your terms.
- With freelancing, you can set your rates, opt for your work schedules, and choose clients that offer projects aligned with your skills and requirements.
- The above-listed platforms offer a wide range of freelance writing jobs, allowing you to select writing gigs that are just right for you!
Share your thoughts in the comments below or click here to reach out to us for more information. We would be happy to assist you with your queries!
Liked this blog? Read next: Content Writing Jobs | Aspiring writers, save the list!
Question 1: Can I pursue an online course while doing freelance writing work?
Answer: Absolutely! With freelance writing, the schedule that is selected is entirely up to you. You can opt for projects that allow you to pursue online courses while also completing relevant paid work.
Question 2: Is a freelance writing job the same as a part-time job?
Answer: Freelance writing jobs can be part-time or full-time, depending on the project requirements and the number of resources invested. It is possible to work full-time as a freelance writer by catering to multiple clients simultaneously. Freelancers who already have relevant experience in the field prefer this method.
Question 3: How do I start my career as a freelance writer?
Answer: You can start your career as a freelance writer by entering one marketplace and steadily working your way up and expanding into other platforms.