Table of Contents
Bournemouth University is a leading university in the United Kingdom. National and international students can choose from 116 undergraduate programs and 100 master’s degrees. Bournemouth University international students have approximately 2,600 students from over 120 countries annually. The university contributes significantly to the local economy, providing over £1 million per day to the South West region. Let’s find out more about the university.
Why study at Bournemouth University
Here’s why you should pursue education at Bournemouth University
- The University provides 47 graduate research programs, foundation degrees, Top-Up degrees, short courses, CPD programs, and Post-registration health and social care professionals programs. Some Bournemouth University courses are also available online.
- International graduate students can also apply for Bournemouth University Entrance Scholarships and tuition fee discounts.
- The scholarship fee reduction is worth GBP 3,500. To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must apply to BU with a minimum of an upper second-class Honors degree from a UK university or equivalent.
- Bournemouth University has a postgraduate employment rate of 90%.
Bournemouth University ranking
The below rankings are as per QS World Rankings 2023
- QS World University Rankings- 801-1000
- QS WUR Ranking By Subject- 17
- Graduate Employability Ranking- 301-500
- Top 50 under 50- 101-150
Here are the programs offered by the university
- International students have access to 116 undergraduate programs and up to 100 master’s degrees.
- There are also 47 graduate research programs, foundations degrees, Top-Up degrees, short courses, CPD programs, and Post-registration health and social care professionals programs available at the university.
- Top-up degrees allow students to advance from their current degrees, such as HNDs or Foundation programs, to bachelor’s degrees.
- For a few programs, distance learning is available as online learning.
Some of the programs are as follows
- Accounting, Finance & Economics
- Business & Management
- Computer Animation & Visual Effects
- Computing & Informatics
- Design & Engineering
- Disaster Management
- Journalism, English & Communication
- Life & Environmental Sciences
- Tourism, Hospitality, Events & Sports
Here’s how you can apply to Bournemouth University
- Fill out the online portal’s application form.
- Fill in the blanks with the necessary information.
- Submit the necessary documents.
- Academic certificates
- Academic transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Twp recommendation letters
- Recognition of prior experience and learning
- Test results
Exams accepted by the university
Undergraduate and graduate courses have different sets of requirements. On the other hand, the university does not mention SAT or ACT requirements. The application fee ranges between 20 and 26 GB.
English proficiency tests
Living in Bournemouth
Bournemouth, in the county of Dorset, is a well-known tourist destination that draws visitors from all over the United Kingdom. Bournemouth, famous for its 12km of sandy beaches and beautiful parks, combines a traditional British seaside resort with a bustling and thriving town.
Bournemouth is located on England’s south coast and is less than two hours by train from London. There are excellent transport connections to international airports in and around London. Bournemouth has some of the best beaches in the country and has been awarded the Blue Flag for clean, well-kept coastal areas. The town has numerous theatres, concert venues, and cinemas and a vibrant nightlife with nightclubs, bars, and restaurants.
Following are some of the services offered by the university-
- Students at BU have access to various online and offline library resources.
- Languages@BU is an excellent introduction for students.
- On campus, there is an Alcohol and Drug Abuse Centre, a Mental Health and Wellbeing Center, Financial Support, Depression, Disability and Additional Learning Support, and many other student life development services.
- Students can participate in various music teams, sports teams, and art exhibitions.
- Many IT facilities, tools, services, and support are available to BU students.
- Students can access the Medical Centre, Faith & Reflection, and SportBU.
Here’s what student life looks like
- Students at Bournemouth University have access to over 70 clubs and societies.
- Students can take advantage of a truly global destination with 11 kilometers of golden sandy beaches.
- Students can participate in various special events, such as Candlelit Nights and Traditional Nights.
- BU has over 30 sports clubs, 22 of which are performance sports such as volleyball, golf, and tennis. In addition, all students at the institution have access to 60 female and male sports teams.
- University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust collaborates on the dedicated student well-being service.
- Bournemouth University has two campuses located in Talbot and Lansdowne. They are both in the city of Bournemouth.
- Bournemouth University offers accessible housing to students with special needs who meet the BU accommodation guarantee standard.
- BU has 12 residential housing options for graduate and undergraduate students, including standard, studio, premium, value, and bungalow options with ensuite and non-ensuite bathrooms.
Here are a few of the alums from Bournemouth University-
- Angela Browning- Member of Parliament
- Dan O’Hagan- Commentator, BBC
- Gary Taphouse- Commentator, Sky Sports
- Karl Neilson- Television director
- David Amess- Member of Parliament
- Andrew Lockley- Oscar winner for Inception
- Tommy Sandhu- Presenter, BBC Asian Network
- Approximately 19,000 students attend BU, with approximately 2,600 international students from over 120 countries.
- Bournemouth University provides accessible housing for students with special needs who meet the BU accommodation guarantee standard.
- BU comprises eight faculties and one school, all offering undergraduate, postgraduate, and research programs in various fields such as health, social sciences, management, technology, media, communication, business, and science.
Did you find this blog helpful? Please share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us for more information on Bournemouth University by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: 6 Top courses at Manchester University
Q1. What is Bournemouth University’s acceptance rate?
Answer- Bournemouth University’s acceptance rate is 51%.
Q2. Is Bournemouth University close to London?
Answer- Bournemouth is located on England’s south coast and is less than two hours by train from London. There are excellent transport connections to international airports in and around London.
Q3. What are the tuition fees for Bournemouth University?
Answer- For international students starting in 2023/24, the annual full-time tuition fee ranges from £16,250 to £17,595 for an undergraduate (BA/BSc/BEng) degree delivered at one of the campuses or partner colleges.