Table of Contents
About the Queen Mary University of London
Queen Mary University of London is the University of London’s third largest college, with its main campus in the city’s east. The university, founded in 1785, is a member of the Russell Group of research universities. With 32,000 students representing over 170 nationalities, Queen Mary has a solid international reputation. Queen Mary University of London offered over two forty degree programs across three faculties and was the first Russell Group institution to offer degree apprenticeship programs. Keep reading to learn more about the university.
Why study at the Queen Mary University of London?
Here’s why you should pursue your education at Queen Mary University
- The university has over 4,600 employees and over 32,000 students. Queen Mary has students from over 170 countries and is one of the most diverse international institutions.
- Students at Queen Mary University can major in one of 25 disciplines, including engineering, sciences, languages, medicine, law, and mathematics. Linguistics, computer and data science, and global health and development are popular study areas.
- Many of the University of London’s online courses are eligible for University of London scholarships. Residents of Commonwealth developing countries are eligible for fee waivers at the Queen Mary University of London.
- Queen Mary and Royal Holloway collaborated to help run programs at the University of London Institute in Paris (ULIP), a central academic body of the University of London located in Paris, France. It is to allow undergraduate and graduate students to pursue University of London-approved French Studies degrees in France.
Queen Mary University of London ranking
Here is the ranking for the university
- The university ranks 114 in the QS World University rankings of 2021 with an overall score of 55.1.
- According to the QS rankings, it ranks 201-250th in the graduate employability ranking.
- Ranks 110th according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021.
- According to the U.S. News and World Report, the university ranks 114 among the best global universities in the world.
- The U.S. News and World Report rank the university 43 among the best global universities in Europe.
- Ranks 12 in the best global universities in the United Kingdom, as per the U.S. News and World Report.
- The university’s dentistry program ranks 11 worldwide per the QS World University rankings.
- The university’s Dentistry program is highly recognized and ranks 3rd according to the complete university guide. The medicine program ranks 6th in the United Kingdom and 1st in London.
- Other programs and courses of the university are also ranked and lie in the topmost position, like Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Humanities, social science, accountancy, etc.
Let’s take a look at the programs offered by the university-
- Queen Mary University of London offers undergraduate and postgraduate full-time study programs and online courses.
- Queen Mary University of London offers study-abroad opportunities.
- The university offers three joint science and engineering programs with Chinese universities. Degree apprenticeships in data analytics, software engineering, clinical education, and business management are also available in collaboration with global partners.
- Queen Mary offers a Dual law degree program in Commercial Law taught in dual locations (Singapore and London) through a collaboration with Singapore Management University.
- Queen Mary also offers Foundation and Pre-Masters courses as alternative routes to pursue education at the Queen Mary University of London. Students who complete the program successfully can continue to their desired degree program.
- Clinical Medicine, Molecular Biology, and Genetics are among the popular subjects offered by the institution.
- Queen Mary is regarded as one of the most research-intensive universities in the United Kingdom, producing high-quality research outputs.
Here’s how to apply to the Queen Mary University of London
- To create their profiles, candidates must first register with QMUL.
- After registering, candidates will be directed to their QMUL HUB Dashboard.
- To begin the process, users should click start on the dashboard’s ‘Your Application’ tab.
- Candidates must respond to the critical questions in each segment. Students must complete all sections.
- Applicants must provide information about their residency status, their parents’ education, and how they intend to pay for their education in the UK, among other things.
- Students can also connect the application to their school to track progress and provide references.
- Candidates must submit their educational background, credentials, academic standing, start and end dates, etc.
You must submit the following documents
- Personal statement (3,000 characters, required in some courses)
- Official transcripts (original and English-translated)
- Statement of Purpose (for some courses)
- References/LORs ( for MBA and some graduate programs)
- CV (for MBA and some graduate programs)
- Proof of employment (wherever necessary)
- Score on English proficiency exams
- Portfolios and work samples (in some graduate programs)
- Standardized test results
Exams accepted by the university
|MS||IELTS- 6.5-7.5PTE- 62.0-75.0|
|MIM||IELTS- 6.5-7.0PTE- 62.0-69.0|
|MBA/PGDM||GMAT- 600IELTS- 6.5 and higher|
|B.E/B.Tech||IELTS- 6.5-7.0PTE- 62.0-69.0|
|B.Sc.||IELTS- 6.5-7.0PTE- 62.0-69.0|
English proficiency test
Queen Mary University of London accommodation
Take a look at the accommodation at the university
- The university guarantees housing to first-year undergraduate students.
- Carpeting, a single bed, a closet, a desk, a chair, bookcases, and storage space are provided in each bedroom.
- Computer interconnections are available.
- Communal kitchens with seating for 3 to 11 students and full kitchen amenities such as refrigerators, freezers, ranges, microwaves, sinks, storage cabinets, food preparation surfaces, and dining areas.
- You can find laundries in or near every home.
- Shops, a café bar, a 200-seat restaurant, a central lobby, and a security loge are available at short distances.
- QMUL accepts students from over 170 countries worldwide.
- Domestic and international students can pursue diploma courses, certificates, and pre-professional programs at the Queen Mary University of London.
- The Queen Mary University of London also has four international campuses in China, Singapore, Malta, and Paris.
Did you find this blog helpful? Share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us for more information on the Queen Mary University of London by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Swansea University | Rankings and courses
Q1. What are the undergraduate fees for international students at the Queen Mary University of London?
Answer- The annual undergraduate fee for international students at the university is £27,900.
Q2. Is Queen Mary London hard to get into?
Answer- Though QMUL is competitive, you can increase your chances of getting an offer with the right support, hard work, and preparation. The Profs’ experts can help with key admissions statistics and insider knowledge from ex-admissions officers on how to make your application stand out.
Q3. Is there a deadline for accepting offers at Queen Mary University?
Answer- Queen Mary University encourages students to accept their offer of admission within a month or two at the most so that the fees for the course of admission can be processed and submitted on time.