Table of Contents
Vision and Mission of Bournemouth University
Bournemouth University is a public university located in Bournemouth, Dorset, England. Established in 1992, the university offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in subjects such as business, media, health, social sciences, and technology. With a diverse student body and state-of-the-art facilities, Bournemouth University is committed to providing a high-quality education and a vibrant campus life for its students.
About Bournemouth University
Bournemouth University boasts state-of-the-art facilities and resources for its students, including a modern library, computer labs, and a range of sports and recreational facilities. The university also has strong links with industry and regularly invites guest speakers from top businesses to share their expertise with students.
Bournemouth University commits to providing a high-quality education and a supportive learning environment for its students. The university offers a range of services and support systems, including tutoring, counseling, and financial assistance.
Bournemouth University consistently ranks highly in various rankings and assessments. In the 2022 Guardian University Guide, Bournemouth University was ranked as the 22nd-best university in the UK. The university also ranked highly in the 2022 Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide, placing 27th overall.
In terms of subject-specific rankings, Bournemouth University excels in several areas. The university was ranks as the 6th best in the UK for Art and Design by the 2022 Guardian University Guide. It also ranks as the 15th best university for Business and Management Studies in the same guide.
Bournemouth University has also received high marks for its student experience. In the 2022 National Student Survey, the university ranked 2nd in the South West region for overall student satisfaction. It was also ranked as the 6th best university in the UK for International Student Support by the International Student Barometer.
Additionally, Bournemouth University has strong employability rates for its graduates. In the 2022 Destination of Leavers from Higher Education survey, over 91% of Bournemouth University graduates were in employment or further education six months after graduation.
Bournemouth University ranks highly among UK universities, consistently placing in the top 25 for student satisfaction according to the National Student Survey. It ranks in the top 300 universities worldwide by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
Bournemouth University operates three main campuses in the Bournemouth area. The Talbot Campus, in the heart of the city, is home to the Faculty of Science and Technology and is best-known for its state-of-the-art facilities and innovative teaching methods.
The Lansdowne Campus, located on the outskirts of the city, is home to the Faculty of Health and Social Sciences and features modern sports and recreation facilities.
The Fern Barrow Campus, located in Poole, is home to the Faculty of Business and Law and offers a range of business-specific resources and facilities. All three campuses offer a variety of student services and support, including libraries, student unions, and on-campus accommodation options.
Bournemouth University offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses across various academic disciplines, including arts, media, business, law, health, social care, engineering, and science. Some of the university’s most popular courses include its BA in Film Production, its MSc in Marketing, and its LLB in Law.
The university also has a strong focus on research and has been recognized for its work in areas such as digital media, health, and the environment. It is a member of the University Alliance, a group of leading UK universities committed to driving innovation and economic growth.
The university’s Fashion Design course stood 1st in the UK by the 2022 Guardian University Guide, and its Graphic Design course was at the 3rd rank.
In the field of Business and Management, Bournemouth University offers several highly-ranked courses. The university’s Marketing course was ranked 6th in the UK by the 2022 Guardian University Guide, and its Business Management course was ranked 9th.
Bournemouth University also offers highly ranked courses in the field of computing and technology. The university’s Computer Science course was ranked 14th in the UK by the 2022 Guardian University Guide, and its Software Engineering course was ranked 16th.
Additionally, the university offers highly-ranked courses in the fields of law and psychology. The university’s Law course was ranked 10th in the UK by the 2022 Guardian University Guide, and its Psychology course was ranked 13th.
Top ranked courses
- Art and Design: Bournemouth University has a strong reputation for its Art and Design courses, ranking as the 6th best in the UK according to the 2022 Guardian University Guide. The university offers a range of art and design courses, including Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in subjects such as Fashion Design, Illustration, and Photography.
- Business and Management Studies: Bournemouth University’s Business and Management Studies courses have consistently ranked highly, with the university placing 15th in the UK in the 2022 Guardian University Guide. The university offers a range of business and management courses, including Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in subjects such as Marketing, Finance, and Human Resource Management.
- Media and Film Studies: Bournemouth University has a well-respected Media and Film Studies program, with the university ranking as the 21st best in the UK in the 2022 Guardian University Guide. The university offers a range of media and film courses, including Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in subjects such as Film Production, Journalism, and Television Studies.
- Psychology: Bournemouth University’s Psychology courses have consistently ranked highly, with the university placing 28th in the UK in the 2022 Guardian University Guide. The university offers a range of psychology courses, including Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in subjects such as Clinical Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, and Social Psychology.
- Angus Deayton – actor and comedian, best known for his work on the BBC panel show “Have I Got News for You”
- Ben Fogle – television presenter and writer, known for shows such as “Countryfile” and “Extreme Dreams”
- Ed Miliband – British politician and former leader of the Labour Party
- Helen Skelton – television presenter, known for her work on the BBC show “Blue Peter” and as a presenter of the London Olympics
- Bournemouth University offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in fields such as business, computer science, and media.
- The university is located in a beautiful seaside town on the south coast of England, providing students with access to a vibrant and diverse community
- Bournemouth University has state-of-the-art facilities and resources, including a modern library, computing labs, and a range of sports and leisure facilities.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on Bournemouth University.
Liked this blog? Read next: Western Sydney University | Programs, campus, and more
Q1. Does Bournemouth University provide scholarships for international students?
Ans: Bournemouth University provides scholarships to international students.
Q2: Is it difficult to get admission to Bournemouth University?
Ans: Bournemouth University has an acceptance rate of 50%, which is easy.
Q3. Is IELTS necessary to get admission at Bournemouth University?
Ans: Yes, it is generally required for international students to submit an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score as part of their application to Bournemouth University.