Table of Contents
- About California State University East Bay
- Why study at California State University East Bay?
- Estimated fees for international/non-resident students 2022-2023
- Note on fee information
- Financial verification
- Types of documents
- Estimated cost of attendance 2022-2023
- Key takeaways
About California State University East Bay
The California State University, East Bay (CSUEB) was founded in 1957 as the Alameda County State College by the California State Assembly. It began classes in 1959 at Cherryland’s Sunset High School, with only 25 professors and 293 students. In the fall of 1963, the college relocated to its current location, and they renamed it in 2005. The university has accreditations from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). CSUEB has three campuses in the San Francisco East Bay Area of California- Hayward, Oakland, and Concord. Each location has a first-rate infrastructure and offers students a diverse range of amenities. Keep reading to learn more about the California State University East bay fees.
Why study at California State University East Bay?
Here’s why you should pursue education at California State University East Bay-
- Academic excellence- Since 2004, The Princeton Review ranked CSUEB as a ‘Best in the West’ college for its award-winning programs. It portrays excellent instruction, small class sizes, and a highly individualized learning environment.
- Campus- The park-like campus of their residential neighborhood provides the coziness and security of a family-oriented neighborhood.
- Cultural diversity- Yearly, CSUEB welcomes over 1100 international students from over 60 countries.
- Career- The university provides opportunities for advancement in one’s career.
Estimated fees for international/non-resident students 2022-2023
Below are the California State University East Bay fees for international students-
|Undergraduate(based on 12 units per semester)||Graduate(based on 9 units per semester)||Graduate Business Professional Programs *MBA, MSBA(based on 9 units per semester)||One-Year Intensive MBA (12 months)||MBA for Global Innovators (18 months)||MS Account(17 months)||Pre-Professional Health Academic Progam(PHAP)(based on 15 units per semester)|
|Tuition & Fees||$16,499||$15,557||$20,417||$29,800||$21,600||$18,120||$17,250|
Note on fee information
CSU makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum. The university may raise the fees listed in published schedules or student accounts, when public funding is insufficient. As a result, CSU must reserve the right, even after initial fee payments, to increase, or modify any listed fees without notice until the start of instruction for a particular semester or quarter.
One must regard all CSU listed fees as estimates that are subject to change upon approval by The Board of Trustees. Costs for health insurance increased on April 7, 2022. Students who receive an I-20 for Fall 2022 before that date will have a lower amount listed on their I-20s.
Applicants who wish to bring their spouse or children to the United States to attend California State University East Bay, must provide additional assets for each dependent- $5,000 for the spouse and $5,000 for each child.
You must provide the necessary documentation for the university to issue an I-20 (for F-1 students) or DS-2019 (for J-1 students). Financial documents demonstrating proof of funding must be in English and must include the following-
- Be an official bank statement or letter on letterhead with a stamp/seal and the signature of a bank officer.
- Show that you have spent at least the minimum total estimated expenses for one academic year.
- Include an issue date within the last 12 months from the time you submit your application.
- Include the name of the account holder.
- Include a specific dollar amount (USD).
Types of documents
Here are the documents you must submit for verification-
- Bank letters
- Bank statements (savings or checking accounts)
- Fixed/term/time deposits (one must be able to withdraw at any time without penalty)
- Loan letters
- Scholarship letters (private, government, school, etc.)
- Solvency letter (bank letter indicating funds immediately available to the individual)
Estimated cost of attendance 2022-2023
The university determines the tuition and fee by residency, class level (undergraduate, graduate, or credential), and the number of units enrolled.
|Undergraduate tuition and fees||$6,995||$6,995||$6,995|
|Books and Supplies||$1,152||$1,152||$1,152|
|Food and Housing||$11,899||15,402||$17,784|
The above is based on undergraduate resident tuition and fees for 6.1 or more units and a two-semester academic year in 2022-2023. Other costs may vary. The amounts are subject to change without notice.
According to California Assembly Bill 990, CSU East Bay provides the typical market costs of a one-bedroom apartment in the Hayward area. The room and board expenses included in the off-campus cost of attendance are typical of students who attend CSU East Bay. Actual room and board costs will vary depending on dorm type and meal plan, including on-campus room and board. Many students who live off-campus have roommates, which helps them save money on housing.
Non-resident students (U.S. and international)
Nonresident tuition of $396 is paid per unit for all campuses (in addition to basic tuition and systemwide fees charged to all students). The number of units taken determines the total nonresident tuition paid per term.
- The undergraduate tutin fee for students at California State University East Bay is $6,995.
- California State University has accreditations from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- CSUEB has three campuses in the San Francisco East Bay Area of California. Hayward, Oakland, and Concord are among the three campuses.
- Students must provide the necessary documentation for the university to issue an I-20 (for F-1 students) or DS-2019 (for J-1 students).
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more information on California State University East Bay fees. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: The University of the Fraser Valley | Courses and rankings
Q1. Which majors at Cal State East Bay are well-known?
Answer- The most popular majors at California State University-East Bay are business administration and management, general psychology, and family and consumer economics and related studies. Health professions and related programs, public administration, parks, recreation, leisure studies, and general sociology are also among the well-known courses.
Q2. What is the average salary of the university alumn?
Answer- The average annual salary of university graduates is around $55,000.
Q3. What is the ranking for California State University East Bay?
Answer- According to US News and World Report, the ranking for California State University East Bay is 331-440 for 2022-2023.