Table of Contents
- About California State University Northridge
- Why study at California State University Northridge?
- California State University Northridge ranking
- Programs at the university
- California State University Northridge campus
- International admission criteria
- Documents required
- English proficiency tests
- California State University Northridge notable alumni
- Key takeaways
About California State University Northridge
California State University Northridge, founded in 1958, is a public university with a campus in Northridge, Los Angeles, California. The university confers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees over four years. More than 133 undergraduate programs and 84 master’s degrees are available at the college.
Today, nearly 400,000 alumn fuel the economic, cultural, intellectual, and societal engines of Southern California and other communities. CSUN annually graduates over 11,000 students who go on to lead industries as diverse as technology, entertainment, business, education, the arts, health, and science, thereby helping to create a better society and world.
Why study at California State University Northridge?
Here’s why you should pursue education at California State University Northridge–
- With over 300 clubs and activities to choose from, the Matador Involvement Center (MIC) dedicates to providing meaningful extra-curricular activities for you. These interests include academic, community service, religious, cultural, political, arts, athletic, and social.
- Students can use CSUN’s career center to find employment opportunities after graduation. Students can use career services to help them with job search strategies, career exploration, and advertisements. Career services events on campus include career center open houses, STEM career days, job fairs, etc.
- Being a student can be exhausting. CSUN dedicates to improving the health and well-being of students and the Matador community as a whole.
- The college provides a variety of on-campus and off-campus scholarships to international students. The university offers work-study programs for student assistants, teaching assistants, and services in the food court, bookstore, and cafeteria.
California State University Northridge ranking
Here is the ranking for the university-
- Regional Universities West by U.S. News and World Report, 2022- 39
- Top Performers on Social Mobility by U.S. News and World Report, 2022- 19
- Top Public Schools by US News and World Report, 2022- 18
Programs at the university
- California State University offers bachelor’s degrees in 133 disciplines, 84 master’s degrees, and doctorates in Physical Therapy and Educational Leadership.
- California State University Northridge offers popular master’s programs in nine colleges.
- The university also offers 14 teaching credential programs in the field of education.
Below are some of the California State University Northridge majors-
- Accountancy (Major)
- Art (Major)
- Biochemistry (Major)
- Biology (Major)
- Business Analytics (Major)
- Business Law (Major)
- Chemistry (Major)
- Communication Studies (Major)
- Economics (Major)
- Electrical Engineering (Major)
- English (Major)
- Environmental and Occupational Health (Major)
- Finance (Major)
- Health Administration (Major)
- Information Systems (Major)
California State University Northridge campus
- The campus of California State University, Northridge, is spread out over a large area and has a Student Recreation Centre that promotes health and fitness through various exercise and leisure activities.
- Oviatt Library is also on the CSUN campus, providing students access to all essential educational resources.
- On-campus sports clubs and organizations abound.
- The CSUN student union has several centers such as, the Dream Center, Pride Center, Games Room, Northridge Center, etc.
- Students can get involved by visiting the Matador Involvement Center, where they can learn about various organizations and clubs, volunteer projects, leadership development resources, and fraternities and sororities. Through the MIC, they can meet people who share their interests.
International admission criteria
International students may apply to California State University Northridge for the fall and spring semesters. As an international student, you may require to meet additional requirements such as English language proficiency and visa procedures. You can apply through the online application portal for the university.
The application for the Spring semester is available beginning August 1, while applications for the Fall semester are available beginning October 1. The following table shows the application and document submission deadlines-
|Semester||Admission deadline||Document deadline|
|Spring||October 31||November 15|
|Fall||May 31||June 15|
Submit the below documents-
- Official transcripts of the necessary qualifications.
- You must submit an official translation of documents in a language other than English.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 or grade B is necessary for admission.
- Essay and SOP for USA
- Affidavit of financial stability proof
- Letter of recommendation for USA
- Copy of passport
- GRE scores or other graduate examinations
- English proficiency exam scores.
English proficiency tests
|Exam||Minimum score for undergraduates||Minimum score for graduates|
|Cambridge C1 Advanced English||172||180|
|EIKEN CSE – Common Scale for English||2304 (Pre-1)||2630 (1)|
California State University Northridge notable alumni
Approximately 400,000 alumni are a part of the CSUN alumni network. Every year, approximately 11,000 students graduate from the university. The following are some of the benefits available to alumn network members-
- Alumni can use the services provided by CSUN’s Career Centre to find employment opportunities after graduation.
- They can also use the SRC and Oviatt Library on campus.
- The Alumni Association provided the class of 2020 lifetime memberships.
Some notable alumn of the university as are follows-
- Eva Longoria- Award-winning actress
- Mohammed Morsi- Fifth President of Egypt
- Scott J. Horowitz- NASA astronaut
- Alyson Hannigan- Award-winning actress
- Don Hahn- Golden Globe Award-winning producer
- More than 133 undergraduate programs and 84 master’s degrees are available at the college. The university has nine colleges that offer programs.
- Making the most of your college experience entails putting yourself out there and becoming involved in campus clubs and activities. California State University Northridge gives them the opportunity to explore themselves.
- For international students, the college offers a variety of on-campus and off-campus scholarships. Work-study programs are available at the university for student assistants, teaching assistants, and services in the food court, bookstore, and cafeteria.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more information on California State University Northridge. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Western Sydney University | Programs, campus, and more
Q1. What is the cost of living on campus at California State University Northridge?
Answer- Undergraduates pay USD 23,386 to live on campus at California State University Northridge, while graduates pay USD 24,924.
Q2. Can you get into CSUN with a 2.5 GPA?
Answer- California residents and graduates of California high schools with a 2.50 or higher ‘a-g’ GPA will be eligible for admission.
Q3. What is California State University Northridge’s acceptance rate?
Answer- The acceptance rate for California State University Northridge is 88.1%. It means that the university welcomes most of the students applying for admission.