Table of Contents
- CMA USA is a useful course for accounting students
- A few of the highlights of CMA USA 2023
- CMA USA 2023 course and exam details
- Benefits of Studying the CMA USA 2023 course
- Who can do the CMA Course in the USA?
- CMA USA 2023 course duration
- CMA USA 2023 Course Fees
- Here’s a list for your convenience
- CMA USA 2023 – Syllabus
- CMA USA- Eligibility
- CMA Scholarship
- How to Apply for CMA USA 2023?
- Key takeaways
CMA USA is a useful course for accounting students
The Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) USA offers the CMA USA 2023 advanced professional program in finance. Founded in 1919, The IMA began its certification in 1972. Currently, over 1,40,000 CMA USA candidates are spread across 150+ countries.
A few of the highlights of CMA USA 2023
- CMA USA stands for Certified Management Accountants in the United States of America.
- CMA USA is a globally recognized certification.
- You can complete it with just two papers.
- You can complete its exams in 8 months.
- CMA USA has a passing percentage of around 45% globally
- CMA USA students can get jobs in top companies such as Deloitte, Brittania, Capgemini, IBM, Accenture, and others.
- It assists aspirants from all over the world who want to pursue a career in finance.
- The course exams are available online.
- 75% of the questions in CMA USA exams are objective type. IMA assists students who meet the eligibility criteria with scholarships for the program.
- The course certification will assist you in developing better financial strategies.
CMA USA 2023 course and exam details
Name of the Certification- Certified Management Accountant
Exam Sessions- Part 1: Financial Planning, Performance, and Analytics, Part 2: Strategic Financial Management
Course Duration- 12 to 18 months to complete parts 1 and 2 the duration can differ or be averaged up to 3 years.
Pass Rate- 50% internationally
Success Rate- 4000 CMAs granted per year, 70,000 CMAs certified to date
Benefits of Studying the CMA USA 2023 course
The most significant benefit of taking CMA USA is career growth and development. Many middle and senior-level professionals who want to gain expertise in financial management, accounting, and business pursue it. So, it benefits aspirants who want to start a career in finance or accounting.
CMA USA is a globally recognized certification. After completing your degree, you will have opportunities in America and countries such as India, China, the United Kingdom, Canada, and the Middle East.
CMA provides you with the opportunity for financial success. According to statistics, 58% of professionals with a CMA USA qualification see an increase in salary and benefits.
The exam is held three times a year, in January and February, May and June, and September and October, giving you plenty of chances to finish your certification on time.
CMA is a versatile degree, which means you can pursue it regardless of your major. For example, suppose you have two years of experience and a bachelor’s degree in engineering, business administration, economics, accounting, or finance. In that case, you can enroll in the CMA USA course.
Who can do the CMA Course in the USA?
An undergraduate degree in any field is required to pursue a CMA degree in the United States. You can even take the CMA exam while still studying for your degree.
You must also have at least two years of experience in accounting or finance and a bachelor’s degree, so double-check before applying. If you are a newcomer, you can complete your experience requirement within seven years of passing the exam.
CMA USA 2023 course duration
Parts 1 and 2 of CMA USA will take 12 to 18 months duration can differ or be averaged up to 3 years.
CMA USA 2023 Course Fees
The CMA USA course fee differs for professional and student members. So, before paying any fees, ensure you know the correct amount.
Here’s a list for your convenience
CMA entry fees (non-refundable for professional members) – $250 USD
The exam fee (for professional members) is $415 USD per section.
The CMA entry fee (for student members) is 188 USD.
Exam fee (311 USD for student members)
Check the IMA website to learn more about membership requirements.
CMA USA 2023 – Syllabus
- Technology and analysis.
- Internal controls.
- Cost management.
- Performance management.
- Planning, budgeting, and forecasting.
- External financial reporting decisions.
- Financial statement analysis.
- Corporate finance.
- Decision analysis.
- Risk management.
- Investment decisions.
- Professional ethics.
CMA USA- Eligibility
- You must be an IMA member in good standing.
- You must have a UG degree from a reputed university or college. It should be in the appropriate field.
- In addition, you should have at least two years of experience in management accounting or financial accounting.
- You must follow the IMA’s Ethical Professional Practice Statement.
The IMA offers scholarships to qualified applicants. Students regard the CMA as one of the best courses in the management accounting field. It attracts students from all over the world. approximately 9200 students have earned it, and over 1000 institutions have registered for this qualification. The total scholarship amount awarded to date is estimated to be more than 14 million USD.
How to Apply for CMA USA 2023?
To apply successfully, follow this step-by-step guide
Step 1- Please ensure that you meet the CMA exam eligibility requirements. Remember to consider education and experience criteria in addition to passing the CMA exams.
Step 2- Next, select and prepare the appropriate exam materials.
Step 3- Join the IMA and register as a member. Remember that you can join as a student or as a professional. It is important to note that joining the IMA is only required once you are ready to register for the exams.
Step 4- The CMA entry and exam registration fees must be paid. It is recommended to pay the fees 6 to 8 weeks before your first exam date. You have three years from the time you pay to pass both parts, so you can give yourself more time if you wait. If you wait too long, you may be unable to schedule your exam date and time, especially if you are writing it near the end of an exam window.
Step 5- The IMA will issue you an authorization number. It is required to schedule your exam date and time on Prometric.
Step 6- Contact Prometric to schedule your exam date and time. You will need your authorization number for this task. Also, if you want to reschedule it for later, there will be a $50 USD fee. You will not be able to change the exam window.
Step 7- Finally, go over the instructions again. You should know what to expect on exam day and what to bring to the exam hall.
- Earning an international degree and global exposure necessary for a successful career. The CMA USA course can help you in achieving that. IMA USA offers the CMA USA advanced professional program in finance.
- CMA USA is a certification that is accepted worldwide. You can complete it with just two papers. Students can take exams in 8 months. The passing percentage for CMA USA is around 45% globally.
- Any candidate with an undergraduate degree in any field can pursue a CMA degree in the United States. Students can also appear for the CMA exam.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on CMA USA. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: The University of Ottawa | Everything you need to know
Q1. What is the salary of a CMA USA certificate holder?
Ans- The average salary for entry-level CMA graduates is $79534, and for senior-level professionals with 8 or more years of experience is $141356.
Q2. Is CMA US in demand in India?
Ans- The US CMA is a primary management accounting qualification, gaining traction and popularity among Indian businesses. This rising demand has resulted in numerous job opportunities for CMAs in India.
Q3. What are job opportunities for CMA US graduates?
Ans- Job opportunities for CMA US graduates are-
- Management Accountants.
- Financial Analyst.
- Cost Accountant.
- Accounting Manager.
- Senior Accountant.
- Corporate Controller.
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)