Table of Contents
- Why study Engineering Management in the USA?
- Best colleges for Engineering Management in the USA
- Cost of Engineering Management in the USA
- Eligibility for best colleges for Engineering Management in the USA
- Document requirements for Engineering Management in the USA
- Proof of English proficiency
- Scholarships for Engineering Management in the USA
- Scope of Engineering Management in the USA
- Key takeaways
International students focus on sharpening their skills through Engineering Management programs because it allows them to combine their engineering and management abilities. It eventually opens the door to high-paying careers. Keep reading to learn more about the best colleges in Engineering Management in the USA.
Why study Engineering Management in the USA?
Engineering management in the United States is an excellent option for engineering students. Here are some of the best reasons to pursue this course in the United States.
- The demand for qualified engineering management professionals is increasing in the United States.
- In this field, median annual salaries have reached $144,000.
- Over the last few years, the sector has seen significant job growth.
- Engineering and architectural industries employ the most skilled graduates in the field.
- There is an expanding scope of research and innovation in the field.
- Institutions in the United States will provide great opportunities and conceptual information to help you excel in your profession.
- In the United States, the best teaching practice is industry-relevant and creative.
- Universities offer both part-time and full-time degrees to international students.
Best colleges for Engineering Management in the USA
According to the QS News World University Rankings for 2022, the top universities in the United States that offer a Master of Engineering Management program are as follows.
|University||QS World Ranking 2022||Programs|
|Cornell University||21||MEng Engineering Management- 2 years|
|Johns Hopkins University||25||Master of Engineering Management- 2 years|
|Northwestern University||30||Master of Engineering Management- 1.3 years|
|University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)||40||MS in Engineering with Specialization in Engineering Management- 2 years|
|Duke University||52||Master of Engineering Management- 1 year|
|University of Texas at Austin (UTA)||67||Master of Engineering Management|
|University of Wisconsin (UW) – Madison||75||Master of Engineering Management|
|Pennsylvania State University (PennState)||96||Master of Engineering Management|
|Washington University in St. Louis (WUSTL)||107||Master of Engineering Management- 1.5 years|
|Ohio State University (OSU)||120||Master of Engineering Management|
Cost of Engineering Management in the USA
Here are some costs for your understanding.
- Tuition fees of $32,000-120,000 on average
- Visa application charge- $160 Program Application Costs- $100-200
- GRE cost- $213
- GMAT cost- $250 TOEFL
- Cost- $185
- Accommodation- $1,000 monthly
- Dining & groceries- $350 monthly
- International calls- $15 monthly
- Transportation- $100 monthly
- Shopping, entertainment, and leisure- $250 monthly
Eligibility for best colleges for Engineering Management in the USA
- A four-year bachelor’s degree in engineering or relevant sciences.
- GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale (equivalent to 80%) in engineering or STEM discipline, plus 1-2 years of work experience.
- Academics in Science, Engineering, Statistics, and Calculus.
- A minimum GRE score of 300 or equivalent GMAT scores is necessary.
Document requirements for Engineering Management in the USA
- Resume- It must contain a summary of academic qualifications, personal profile, work experience, and extracurricular activities.
- Letters of recommendation- Applicants must submit 2-3 hard copies of letters of recommendation to each university.
- Students must submit English proficiency and GRE/GMAT scores.
- Mark sheets- Applicants must submit all necessary academic proofs, such as 10th and 12th-grade pass certificates and undergraduate degrees.
- Statement of Purpose- The statement of purpose should explain why you chose the program.
- Transcripts- This is a brief scorecard from the applicant’s most recent academic institution.
Proof of English proficiency
International students from countries where English is not the primary language must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting IELTS, TOEFL, or equivalent test scores. The following are the minimum requirements for admission to master’s programs in engineering management in the United States
- IELTS: 6.5 to 7.5
- TOEFL (iBT): 89 to 100
Scholarships for Engineering Management in the USA
When it comes to tuition fees for MS in Engineering Management, international students face a significant financial burden while pursuing higher education in the United States.
To resolve this concern, universities, non-profit organizations, and other third-party organizations offer students scholarships, fellowships, and loans.
|Scholarship||Awarding College||Amount (USD)|
|Knight Engineering Management Diversity Fellowship||Cornell University||Up to 40,000|
|Master of Engineering Committee (MEC) Scholarships||Cornell University||Up to 20,000|
|Knight Scholarship||Cornell University||Up to 40,000|
|Teaching Assistantship||John Hopkins University||16.50 per hour|
|Albert H. Rubenstein Memorial Scholarship||Northwestern University||Varies|
|Warren V. Musser Fellowship in Entrepreneurial Studies||Pennsylvania State University||25,000|
Scope of Engineering Management in the USA
The average salary of MS in Engineering Management graduates in the United States is 117,000 USD per year. This pay grade depends on the organization, location, and skills you possess. Top recruiters prioritize project management, people management, and leadership skills.
Here are some job prospects for Engineering Management students
|Job role||Average salary (USD)|
|Technical and Project Manager||101,000|
- International students prefer to go to the United States for higher education, as the country provides better education and opportunities.
- Best colleges for Engineering Management in the USA require English proficiency tests, GRE, and excellent academic grades for admission.
- The scope of Engineering Management in the USA is great. Students will receive good salary packages through colleges in the USA.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on Engineering Management colleges in the USA. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: All about St. Francis College, Brooklyn, USA | Honest student experiences
Q1. Is masters in Engineering Management from the USA worth it?
Answer- The Masters in Engineering Management program is ideal for engineering graduates seeking leadership positions in organizations. Because an engineering firm deals with projects, the right manager must be equally adept at engineering and entrepreneurship.
Q2. How useful is an Engineering Management degree?
Answer- Engineering graduates with engineering management degrees can access many new career opportunities.
Q3. Which countries are the best for Engineering Management?
Answer- The United States of America, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, Singapore, and Germany are the top countries for international students to pursue a Master’s in Engineering Management.