Table of Contents
- About Concordia University
- Why study at Concordia University?
- Concordia University ranking
- Graduate diploma programs
- Graduate Certificate program
- Student services
- Campus accommodation
- Financial aid and awards
- Tuition fees
- Key takeaways
About Concordia University
Concordia University is a private university in Edmonton. The Alberta Post-Secondary Learning Act recognizes this university, founded in 1921. It offers undergraduate degrees in Arts, Management, and Science, as well as graduate degrees in Information Security, Education, Information Technology, and Psychology. It is the 24th most affordable school in the United States. It has international recognition for its consistent dedication to academics. Let’s find out more about the university.
Why study at Concordia University?
Here are a few reasons to study at the university
- Concordia University’s institutional vision envisions a university education that produces graduates known for their knowledge, skill, integrity, and wisdom.
- The university has a rich history that dates back to 1921, with a tradition of academic engagement and a culture of care for students both in and out of the classroom.
- They provide a collegial community where students and professors connect personally in small classes.
- The university also provides students with academic and non-academic services such as libraries, financial aid or scholarships, housing, sports facilities, etc.
- A 14:1 student-to-teacher ratio ensures that students’ learning is personalized.
- The university is AASCB accredited, the highest level of recognition for business schools.
Concordia University ranking
- Rank 77 by the country as per UniRank
- Rank 5090 in the world as per UniRank
- Rank 551-560 as per QS World Rankings 2023
Here are the undergraduate and graduate programs-
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (Applied Emphasis)
- Bachelor of Management
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Management & Bachelor of Science in Chemistry Dual Degrees
- Bachelor of Education (After-Degree)
- Bachelor of Environmental Health (After-Degree)
- Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership
- Master in Information Systems Assurance Management
- Master in Information Systems Security Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology
Graduate diploma programs
- Graduate Diploma in Environmental Public Health Practice
- Graduate Diploma in Information Assurance
- Graduate Diploma in Information Security
Graduate Certificate program
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership
Here’s how you can apply at Concordia University
Step 1- Start applying
Review the program offerings and check the admission deadlines for international students before you apply to Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE). Because official transcript requests by universities and study permit applications take time to process, you need to apply early.
Go to ApplyAlberta to apply online. They will only approve your application to CUE once you have paid the international student application fee.
Step 2- Check the English language requirements
Please review the English language requirements before you apply to the university. Here are a few requirements-
|IELTS||A band score of 7 or higher overall, with no component score lower than 5.5|
|TOEFL iBT||A minimum overall score of 90 or higher is necessary, as well as a minimum combined score of 34 for writing and speaking.|
|PTE||Minimum overall score of 61 or higher, with a combined writing and speaking score of 46.|
|Duolingo English Test||DET score of 120 or higher, with no subscore lower than 90.|
Step 3- Submit the documents
To complete your application, please submit the following documents-
- Official proficiency exam results as proof of English language proficiency
- Transcripts from all high schools and postsecondary institutions you have attended.
- Additional supporting documentation that your program may require (work experience, letter of intent, portfolio).
Step 4- Accept your admission offer
CUE notifies applicants of their applicability via email after you submit all documents and its evaluated. To ensure you do not lose your acceptance, you must accept your offer of admission by paying the required registration deposit by the deadline specified in your Offer of Acceptance.
Step 5- Apply for a study permit
The university issues eligible international students an Offer of Admission and an IRCC Letter of Acceptance for Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Please apply for your study permit using this documentation.
Below are a few student services by the university-
- Conference Services
- Custodial Services
- IT Services
- Sports facilities
Here are some of the benefits of student housing
- Proximity- When you live on campus, you are just a step away from your classes, faculty, student support services, catered meals, and friends.
- Education and exciting programming- There is always something in residence for you to enjoy. Student housing staff collaborates with other campus experts to bring you the best in community building and learning opportunities. The Residence Life Experience is a learning opportunity for the entire community.
- System of support- Moving away from home and beginning university can be stressful. Across campus, various highly skilled, well-trained staff collaborate to provide a constant support system to the residents. Student Housing and on-site assistance are among the dedicated personnel.
Financial aid and awards
Take a look at the below financial aid and awards for Concordia University-
- Canada Graduate Scholarship- Master’s (CGS M)- Last date December 1, 2022 (apply online).
- CUE Scholarships- Last date January 15, 2023 (you must apply through Online Services for Students).
- Dr. Gary McPherson Leadership Scholarship- Last date January 20, 2023
- Laurence Decore Award for Student Leadership- Last date January 20, 2023
- Mackenzie King Scholarships- Last date February 1, 2023
Below is the fee for international students-
|Per credit||Per term|
|International fee||$325 per credit||$975.00 per 3 credit class|
|International Supplementary Fee (applicable to all new international students beginning in the fall of 2022. It includes graduate programs MISSM, MISAM, GDIS, GDIA, and Doctor of Psychology (starting Fall 2021)||Registered under 9 credits$1,250.00||Registered 9 credits or more$2,500.00|
|Repatriation fee||$50.00 per year|
- Concordia University offers undergraduate degrees in Arts, Management, and Science, as well as graduate degrees in Information Security, Education, Information Technology, and Psychology.
- The university provides financial aid and scholarships for international students.
- The university offers student services like catering, a library, and more.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your thoughts and perspectives in the comments section below. For more information on Concordia University, please contact us by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Cardiff Metropolitan University
Q1.What is Concordia University Montreal famous for?
Answer- Concordia University, located in Montreal’s vibrant and culturally diverse city, is the top-ranked university in North America. Founded within the last 50 years, it enrolls approximately 51,000 students each year through its innovative experiential learning and cross-functional research approach.
Q2. What is the GPA for Concordia?
Answer- Every year, at the end of May, all students are evaluated to confirm their academic standing. Students must have a minimum assessment GPA of 2.0 to continue their program.
Q3. How long does it take for Concordia to accept you?
Answer- You should receive an admission decision within 10 days of submitting your application.