Table of Contents
- Manchester University
- Why study at Manchester University?
- Manchester Metropolitan University ranking
- Application Portal
- Cost of living
- Tuition fee for international students
- Postgraduate research programs
- Key takeaways
Manchester Metropolitan University is a prestigious public higher education and research institution in England. It operates from two campuses, All Saints in the city center and Birley on the city’s outskirts. The university campus includes cutting-edge academic buildings, administrative offices, recreational facilities, and student housing. Learn more about Manchester University’s ranking, programs, cost of living, and more.
Why study at Manchester University?
Here are a few reasons to study at Manchester Metropolitan University-
- There’s a whole team waiting to help you achieve your goals, from your lecturers, technicians, and tutors to the student advisors at the welcoming student hubs.
- As a Manchester Met graduate, you will have access to career counseling for the rest of your life. Their Early Career graduate teams can also assist recent graduates in taking the first steps in their careers.
- Approximately 15 months after graduation, 91% of graduates are employed or enrolled in further education.
- They have over 330,000 graduates in 170 countries and an extensive international alum network.
- 90% of their research impact is world-leading or excellent on a global level.
Manchester Metropolitan University ranking
Here are a few rankings
The World University Rankings
- 601-800th in World University Rankings 2021
- 151-200th in Young University Rankings 2020
- 126-150th in European Teaching Rankings 2019
QS Top Universities
- 801-1000th in QS World University Rankings 2021
- School of Architecture is ranked 7th in the world in QS World University Rankings by Subject 2018
U.S. News and World Report 2021
- Ranks 877 in Best Global Universities
- Ranks 356 in Best Global Universities in Europe
- Ranks 62 in Best Global Universities in the UK
- Ranks 738 in Clinical Medicine
- Ranks 363 in Social Sciences and Public Health
Manchester Metropolitan University’s programs include a work placement year and are available in more than 30 subject areas. The university also offers research studies with many well-known research works. Popular areas of study include
- Business and Management
- Computer Science
BSc Hons in Banking and Finance, BSc Hons in Biology, BA Hons in Business, BA in Architecture, BA in English, BSc in Environmental Sciences, and BSc in Economics and Finance are popular undergraduate courses.
Popular graduate programs at MMU include the MSc in Biomedical Sciences, MA in Animation, MA in Education, MA in Banking and Finance, MSc in Engineering Project Management, MSc in Environmental Practice, and MA in English Studies.
While all international students are encouraged to apply, additional admission requirements at MMU may apply depending on program type and nationality.
Undergraduate- Applicants can apply through UCAS.
Graduate- You can submit the applications online through the university’s official website.
Take a look at the following list
- A fully completed application
- Official high school transcripts, diplomas, and certificates from previous institutions
- Language proficiency in English
- TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE-A exams
- Financial documentation, if applying for financial assistance
- Letter of Recommendation (2)
- Personal Statement (2)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Birth Certificate
- Research proposal
- A valid passport copy
- Valid student visa for the UK
Cost of living
Here we look at some of the most important things to consider when planning your finances. The data below are from the NatWest Student Living Index, 2021-
- Accommodation- £497 a month
- Shopping- £81 a month
- House bills- £24 a month
- Mobile phone- £12 a month
- Clothes and accessories- £34 a month
- Outings- £43 a month
- Eating out- £33 a month
- Public transport- £17 a month
- Course-related costs- £13 a month
Manchester Metropolitan University offers on-campus housing to suit a variety of budgets. Manchester University guarantees residence to all international students in student halls as long as they follow the below rule.
If you are in your first year of study
- You must apply by August 6 if your course begins in September.
- You must apply by November 29 if your course begins in January.
Manchester Metropolitan University provides an excellent selection of accommodation, ranging from en-suite rooms in shared flats to traditional bedrooms with shared kitchens and bathrooms, all conveniently located near campus. All accommodations have local amenities such as shops, restaurants, and cafes and excellent transportation links to help you explore the area.
Here are some facts about the research at Manchester Metropolitan University-
- The university ranks among the top modern universities in terms of research quality- 30% of its research, conducted by over 740 academics, has been designated world-leading.
- In 2019, the research teams received £23 million in external funding.
- They rank among the top ten UK universities in knowledge transfer partnerships.
Tuition fee for international students
Additional fees may apply to some courses, such as field trips, equipment, materials, or professional/statutory body registration fees.
If you classify as an EU or Non-EU International student, you will typically pay between £16,500 and £18,000.
If you are an EU or Non-EU International student, you will normally pay between £16,500 and £18,500.
Postgraduate research programs
- Covering office-based research at no extra cost- £17,000 full-time and £8,500 part-time.
- No additional costs for laboratory or studio-based research- £18,000 full-time and £9,000 part-time.
- Covering research with minimal extra costs- £20,000 full-time and £10,000 part-time.
- Covering research with medium-level extra costs- £21,500 full-time and £10,750 part-time.
- Covering research at a high extra cost- £26,500 full-time and £13,250 part-time.
Here’s how Manchester University excels in student placements-
- The university operates ‘Job4students,’ an in-house employment agency that assists students in finding suitable job opportunities and simplifies the placement process.
- The university staff encourages students to secure work placements, assists with CV writing and interview techniques, and assists in any other way possible.
- They offer students part-time work opportunities, allowing them to work for multiple employers simultaneously. It gives them work experience while also helping them financially.
- The university prioritizes career-oriented activities. The university helps students to find their ideal job or internship. It gives them enough experience to deal with upcoming challenges.
- 91% of Manchester graduates are employed or enrolled in further education within 15 months of graduation.
- 90% of Manchester’s research impact is world-leading and internationally acclaimed.
- Manchester University has engineering, arts, architecture, and more programs.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your thoughts and perspectives in the comments section below. For more information on Manchester University, please contact us by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: The University of East London rankings
Q1. What is the University of Manchester’s acceptance rate?
Answer- The University of Manchester has an acceptance rate of 80%.
Q2. What course options are offered at Manchester University?
Answer- Manchester University offers part-time degrees, distance learning, a foundation year, and work-based learning.
Q3. Does Manchester University offer financial aid?
Answer- Merit-based financial aid in the form of scholarships is available to students.