Table of Contents
An overview of Cranfield University
Ranked 5th in the UK for Engineering in QS World University Rankings, Cranfield University is a specialized postgraduate research institute based out of Cranfield, Bedfordshire. The university offers master’s and doctoral degrees to students pursuing Science, Technology, Engineering, or Management. It works in partnership with governments, academia, and businesses and provides them with industry research and consultation. In exchange, Cranfield students are exposed to a real-world environment even before stepping into the job market.
Why study at Cranfield University UK?
If you’re looking to study in the UK but want to pursue a course that focuses more on practical applications than theory, consider going to Cranfield. The university ranks 10th in the UK for commercial research, consultancy, and professional development and is home to the largest number of postgraduate Engineering students in the UK.
Here are the top 6 reasons to study at Cranfield University-
- Cranfield University awards more postgraduate information technology degrees than any other institute in the UK.
- Its teacher-to-student ratio is 1:8 – the best in the UK.
- 88% of Cranfield’s research is classed as world-leading or internationally excellent.
- The Economist ranked Cranfield School of Management’s MSc program as 5th in the UK and 36th worldwide.
- 48% of aeronautical and aerospace students in the UK pursue their postgraduate at Cranfield each year.
- The university is leading research in industries like agrifood, energy, design, and manufacturing to work toward a sustainable future.
Important facts and figures
- Minimum GPA: 2.8
- Tuition fee: 17,400 GBP
- Accommodation: 7,800 GBP
- Avg. earnings after graduation: 99,333 GBP
- % of female students: 75%
- Teacher-to-student ratio: 1:8
Cranfield University offers 887 courses in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Management. The primary qualifications offered include MSc, PG Diploma, Ph.D., and MBA.
Here are some of the top courses offered at Cranfield-
- Dual-degree MBA
- MSc in Finance
- Digital Forensics MSc
- Cyberspace operations MSc
- Counterterrorism MSc
- MSc in Marketing and Leadership
- MSc in Systems Engineering
- Retail and Digital Banking MSc
- Sustainability MSc
- Information Capability Management MSc
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering
- MSc in Aeronautical Engineering
- Robotics MSc
- Applied Artificial Intelligence MSc
- Management and Information Systems MSc
- MSc in Fluid Dynamics
- Applied Bioinformatics MSc
- Food Systems and Management MSc
- Clean Energy Ph.D.
- Ph.D. in Deep Learning Based Super Resolution
Cranfield University fees
Your Cranfield University fees will vary depending on the degree and the course you decide to pursue, and which country you’re from. For example, studying Aerospace Dynamics MSc costs £10,825 for home students and £22,150 for international students. Whereas studying Military Electronic Systems Engineering costs £31,950 for both home and overseas students.
While the tuition for each course can be found on the institute’s website, the Carnfield University fee for international students ranges between-
- £18,025 and £24,725 for Aerospace courses.
- £20,100 to £31,950 for Defense courses.
- £22,150 for other MSc courses.
- £23,700 and £40,175 for MBA courses.
Apart from the tuition fee, you will also have to cover the cost of accommodation, food, travel, study material, WiFi, etc.
There are various ways to offset these expenses. Like grants and scholarships, internship opportunities, TA/GA/RA opportunities, fee waivers for students from low-income family groups, travel grants, etc.
Cranfield University scholarships
Cranfield University offers a range of bursaries to students basis the course they want to pursue. Some of them are listed below-
- Information Security Scholarship
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
- AFTE Scholarship Program
- Agrifood Charities Partnership
- Amelia Earhart Fellowship
- British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM
- Butterfield Postgraduate Environment Scholarship
- Cranfield Military Scholarship
- Cranfield School of Management UK Scholarships
- FIA Motorsport Engineering Scholarship, and many more
How to apply?
The application process for Cranfield University is pretty straightforward-
- Your first step will be to decide which degree and course you want to apply for.
- Look up the admission requirements for your chosen program. Check if you fulfill all the academic requirements.
- Then, check if your standard test scores match their criteria (GRE or GMAT, depending on the program). International students are required to take the IELTS tests to be eligible for admission.
- Once you’re sure you have fulfilled the criteria, visit the course page on their website and apply!
If you get accepted, you can start applying for scholarships and plan your accommodation at Kingston.
The application deadlines depend on the program you choose to apply to. In general, however, international applications for the fall semester have to be submitted before the 25th of September. For the spring semester, the deadline is usually before the 3rd of June. To be sure, we recommend you search for the program on the university website and check out the deadlines yourself before applying.
- Cranfield University is a public postgraduate research institute based out of Cranfield, Bedfordshire.
- It ranks fifth in the UK for Engineering – Aeronautical, Mechanical, and Manufacturing – in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022.
- Cranfield’s research partnerships allow students to gain real-world experience before they step into the market.
- The university offers 887 courses in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Management.
- Carnfield University fee for international students ranges between £18,025 and £40,175, depending on the course.
- Cranfield University offers a range of bursaries to national and international students.
- Follow the steps mentioned above to apply to Cranfield University.
Like this blog? Read: How to get admission in Oxford | All you need to know
1.Is Cranfield a prestigious university?
Ans- Yes, Cranfield is a six-time winner of the prestigious Queen’s Anniversary Prize. It is known for its world-class experience, large-scale facilities, and unrivaled industry partnerships.
2.What is Cranfield’s graduation rate?
Ans- 96% of Cranfield graduates find a job or pursue further studies after graduation.
3.What is Cranfield University known for?
Ans- Cranfield is highly reputed for its 6 courses – Aeronautical, Mechanical, and Manufacturing Engineering, MBA, and Aeronautical and Aerospace programs.