Table of Contents
- What are the perks of the iSchoolConnect Scholarship?
- Tell me more about iSchoolConnect
- Am I eligible for the iSchoolConnect Scholarship?
- How do I apply?
- What documents will I need to submit during the application process?
- What kind of questions will be asked during the interview?
- How can iSchoolConnect help me prepare?
- When will the results be out?
- Anything else I should know?
Your search for study abroad scholarships ends here. The iSchoolConnect Scholarship is providing exemplary students the opportunity to study abroad and broaden their knowledge. A humble contribution that took seed in the mind of our CEO, Ashish Fernando, the scholarship will be funding the higher education of a few students from all over the world. So, if you’re someone who wants to do their bachelors or masters abroad in Fall 2021, this scholarship is for you! Read this blog to know about its perks, eligibility requirements, timelines, selection criteria, and learn how to apply.
What are the perks of the iSchoolConnect Scholarship?
While the grant amount of 10,000 US dollars is the main award of the scholarship, it has a lot of other perks to offer. These include-
- One-way flight tickets
- iSchoolConnect’s Essential services at a 50% discount rate, and
- Free one-time consultation with iSchoolConnect’s study abroad experts
These perks are not limited to only a few students. For example, the one-way flight tickets will be awarded to 10 applicants, but the one-time consultation session is for all the students who register for the scholarship.
Tell me more about iSchoolConnect
It’s natural to wonder about the organization behind the scholarship you’re applying for. Knowing who’s working behind the scenes to help you fulfill your dreams can be fulfilling.
To answer your question, iSchoolConnect is a Google-funded AI-based platform that helps students apply to universities around the world. The application plays an important role in every step of a student’s study abroad journey.
It’s features include-
- Answers to all study abroad questions
- Profile-based university recommendations
- Automatic application form filling
- Real-time SOP grader
- Live University/Visa Interview Preparation, and
Apart from that, every student enrolled with us is given a dedicated mentor, who can step in and help anytime you need help.
The scholarship is open to all interested students from around the globe! So, no matter where you are from, you can apply for the iSchoolConnect Scholarship.
Still, there are a few conditions every applicant needs to fulfill. Let’s take a look at them one by one-
- You want to pursue a full-time bachelor’s or a master’s degree abroad
- The term you’re planning to start your education in is Fall 2021
- You want to study in the United States, Canada, the UK, Germany, Ireland, Australia, Switzerland, New Zealand, Singapore, or the Netherlands
The scholarship, however, is not for students looking to pursue a medical degree. So if you’re a medical student, try looking at other scholarships for studying abroad. Apart from that, anyone (even a working professional) is eligible to apply for the scholarship!
How do I apply?
The application process is fairly easy. Let’s go through each step one at a time-
- First, I want you to head to the Application page and Register for the scholarship. To do this, enter your Name and Email ID. Add a strong password and create your account.
- Once you do this, you will be automatically logged into your account, where you will be able to see the Application Page. This page will have 4 parts – Profile, Additional details, Documents, and Declaration.
- The next step is to start filling these sections one by one. In case you get stuck, you can refer to this video for instructions.
- After you have completed the form, head to the last section (Declaration), and click on submit! But make sure you do this well in advance of the deadline, which is the 28th of February, 2021.
- Then, wait for us to email you! If you get shortlisted, you will hear from iSchoolConnect by the 15th of April. So, make sure you keep in eye on your inbox, and also check your trash or spam folders (just in case).
- In case you’re shortlisted, you will have 2 weeks to prepare for the online interviews. These will be taken by our scholarship awarding committee, starting from the 30th of April.
- Again, it would be time for you to wait until 31st May for the final results.
Once you get selected for the iSchoolConnect Scholarship, you will have nothing to stress about. The award will be given to you well in advance before you have to fly.
What documents will I need to submit during the application process?
Your scholarship application can be divided into two parts – submitting the application form and post-shortlisting.
When you’re filling out the form, you will find a Documents section, where you can upload all the documents needed for your application. These include 10th and 12th mark sheets, college transcripts, GRE/GMAT/SAT scores, TOEFL/IELTS/PTE/Duolingo scores, Resume/CV, 2 letters of recommendation, and a Scholarship Essay on ‘How your studies will contribute to your career plans and bring about a change in the society.’
Apart from this, you will also have to upload your Passport details. And in case you are planning to study architecture, fine arts, music, or any other such field, you will also need to share your Portfolio.
Note: If you’re in the 12th grade right now and want to fly next year, you can share your latest scores from the preliminary exam. And if you’re in your last year of college, you can share your transcripts up until your last term. However, in case you are shortlisted, you will have to share these documents with us before receiving the grant amount.
Coming to the second part. If you are shortlisted for the interview, you would also have to share your university acceptance letter, financial documents, information on any other study abroad scholarships/grants you have received, and any documents you could not submit as a part of your application form.
What kind of questions will be asked during the interview?
The second round for the iSchoolConnect Scholarship will involve interviewing a group of shortlisted students. Because each student is different, the questions asked during the interview will be subject to your profile. However, some of the questions will be generic.
For example, ‘Tell us something about yourself,’ ‘Why did you choose this course?’, ‘State your reasons for applying to this university,’ ‘What are your future plans?’, ‘What are your strengths and weaknesses?’, ‘Why do you think you deserve this scholarship?’, and so and so forth.
Your answers to these questions will give us a good idea about your overall profile and help us evaluate you on the basis of our selection procedure.
And remember – an interview is a two-way road. Most of the questions we ask will be around the answers you give us yourself. So, take your time and answer with ease. If you’ve really worked hard to fulfill your dream of studying abroad, you have nothing to worry about.
How can iSchoolConnect help me prepare?
One of the perks of enrolling with iSchoolConnect is that you can get a free 7 day trial of our platform’s AI services. These include the SOP Grader and the Video Interview Analyzer, which can both be used for your scholarship application.
The SOP grader can help you draft your scholarship essay and make your application sound convincing to the awarding committee. It can help you cover all the points that make up a good essay, like self-motivation, academic experience, future goals, etc. What’s more, it can also correct your grammar, tone, and sentence structure in real-time!
The other tool is the VIA (Video Interview Analyzer), which you can use to prepare for your scholarship interview. Using this, you can attend an interview, answer general questions, and get immediate feedback from our A about your performance. It can rate you based on a variety of traits, like confidence, energy, focus, and even tell you if you did better than an average candidate. Once you know which areas you can improve upon, you can start working on yourself and come more than prepared for your scholarship interview.
And if you find these features cool, you can also check out the others, while your 7 day trial is still going on!
When will the results be out?
The entire process for the iSchoolConnect Scholarship is divided into two parts. While the results of the first round will be out by the 15th of April 2021, the final results will be declared on 31st May.
The scholarship amount, however, will be awarded by the 31st of July.
Anything else I should know?
Yes. Even though this article pretty much covers everything – awards, eligibility criteria, how to apply, and more – there’s one more thing you should keep in mind.
The Terms & Conditions of the scholarship are just as important as the eligibility criteria. If you do not fulfill these conditions, you might not receive the scholarship at all.
So, go through this section, see what it states, and reach out to us in case you have any doubts. We’d be very happy to help!
See Frequently asked questions about the iSchoolConnect Scholarship, one of the best scholarships for studying abroad.