Table of Contents
About De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU) is in Leicester, a diverse city with a sizable South Asian population. The award-winning career commitment ensures that you have guaranteed access to work experience opportunities. It provides flexible career support tailored to your needs, placement years that count towards your degree, and access to unlimited digital tools. Let’s find out more about the university.
Why study at De Montfort University?
Here’s why you should pursue education at De Montfort University-
- They have over 60 exchange agreements with universities in Europe, North America, and Asia, providing students and faculty with diverse, high-quality learning and teaching opportunities. The partner universities are the Academy of Design (AoD) in Sri Lanka, Asia Pacific University (APU), Daly College Business School in India, DMU Dubai, DMU Kazakhstan, and East Asia Institute of Management.
- According to UCAS, DMU is one of the top ten most popular universities in the UK for domestic and international students. It is more popular than ever, with one of the highest increases in UCAS acceptances of any UK institution in the previous year.
- Scholarships for international students to study in the United Kingdom are available.
- According to the University Scholarship list, these merit-based awards can be worth up to 6000 GBP and cover up to 30% of tuition costs.
- According to the Top Cities Vibrancy Report, 2022, Leicester is also the fourth-most vibrant city in the UK, ranking above towns like Bristol, Edinburgh, Leeds, and London. It was also named the best place to live and work in the East Midlands (Good Growth for Cities Index, 2022)
De Montfort University ranking
Here is the ranking for De Monfort University-
- Ranks 801-1000 in World University Ranking- QS 2022
- Ranks 601-800 in University Ranking- THE (Times Higher Education) 2022
- Ranks 101 in University Ranking (UK)- The Complete University Guide 2022
- Ranks 118 in University Rankings- The Guardian 2022
- Ranks 1219 in Global Universities- US News & World Report 2022
Here are the programs offered at the university-
- De Montfort University offers nearly 300 foundation, undergraduate, and graduate programs.
- The university also offers part-time and distance learning courses.
- The university has four faculties- Arts, Design, Humanities, Business and Law, Computing, Engineering, Media, and Health and Life Sciences.
- The university offers 44 distance learning programs, including an MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice, an MSc in Cyber Technology, and an MSc in Clinical Pharmacy.
- There are foundation courses in Art and Design, Footwear Foundation Degree, Forensic Road Collision Investigation, Computing, Graphic Design, Media, Photography with Video, and so on. It paves the way for international students to pursue university degrees.
The De Montfort University admissions process is entirely online.
Students must visit the ‘how to apply’ page on the De Montfort University website. Students must visit the UCAS website and choose the ‘Undergraduate/Graduate’ option. They must click the ‘Apply’ button to proceed with their application.
If they have already registered on the portal, they can continue their application by logging in with their username and password.
Students who have not yet registered must select their gender and enter their name and surname to complete the registration process.
Select Non-UK/International from the drop-down menu and click the ‘Next’ button.
To complete the registration process, candidates must provide their address, phone number, and email address.
They will display your username on the UCAS portal; students should remember it because they must enter it when checking in.
Students can log in using their username and password and finish the application before submitting it. They can now use the UCAS track feature to keep track of their application.
You must submit the below documents-
- Transcripts and certificates of completion
- English language test results such as IELTS and TOEFL
- 4.5 for Foundational Courses with Pre-Sessional English
- UG needs an overall score of 6.0-7.5. (can vary based on courses)
- PG received an overall score of 6.0-6.5. (can vary based on courses)
- One academic reference is necessary for undergraduates and two for postgraduates.
- Course-specific requirements, such as a portfolio, an interview, and so on
Below are the services offered at the University-
- Students have regular access to cutting-edge experimental labs, studios, and workshops.
- De Montfort University maintains several learning zones and greenhouse facilities for research, conferences, specialized seminars, and group discussions.
- Over 1,600 computer stations, laptops, free wi-fi, and desktop power outlets are available across all library sites on campus.
- The main Kimberlin high-tech library houses a wide range of study materials, such as books, collections, periodicals, and internet resources available from anywhere.
- Except in rare circumstances, the facility is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Student life at the university is as follows-
- De Montfort University’s Gateway House campus in Leicester, England, has excellent road, air, and rail connections. It takes about an hour to drive from East Midlands International Airport to the campus.
- University community members follow strict environmental policies to support environmental sustainability principles. Policies like material recycling and using green transportation options are implemented on campus.
- Extracurricular activities available to students include club memberships, the students’ union, and volunteer programs.
- Around 150 student clubs focus on academics, sports and activities, cultures, religious beliefs, gastronomy, cinema and media, and other topics. Students can participate in any of them to interact with and meet other students.
- Leicester was also named the fourth most vibrant city in the UK, ahead of Bristol, Edinburgh, Leeds, and London (Top Cities Vibrancy Report, 2022), as well as the best place to live and work in the East Midlands (Good Growth for Cities Index, 2022)
- De Montfort University scholarships enable international students to lower the overall cost of attending De Montfort University.
- Nearly 300 foundation, undergraduate, and graduate programs are available at De Montfort University.
Did you find this blog helpful? Please share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us for more information on De Montfort University by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries
Liked this blog? Read next: Anglia Ruskin University | Rankings, programs, and admission
Q1. How much is the tuition fee at De Montfort University?
Answer- De Montfort University charges a tuition fee of 14,250-15,836 GBP for undergraduate programs. Graduate tuition fees range from 12,200 GBP to 15,100 GBP.
Q2. What is De Montfort University famous for?
Answer- De Montfort University is a leading art and design university in the United Kingdom. Students have access to over 20 subject areas, excellent studios and workshops, and high-quality instruction.
Q3. What is the accommodation capacity of De Montfort University?
Answer- De Montfort University can house up to 2,500 students anytime.