Table of Contents
About DePaul University
DePaul University, located in Chicago, Illinois, is a private research university. In terms of enrollment, it is the largest Catholic university in the United States. DePaul University has two campuses in Chicago, one in Lincoln Park and the other in the Loop. According to US News 2022, DePaul University is ranked #127 among National Universities. DePaul offers over 300 undergraduate and graduate majors. Many of their professors work as consultants, researchers, and entrepreneurs in Chicago and bring their experiences to the classroom.
Why study at DePaul University?
Here’s why you should pursue education at DePaul University-
- You will get to know your professors. Faculty members, not the teaching assistants, teach 97 percent of all classes.
- More than 30 countries offer study abroad programs.
- Every year, over 3,800 students complete service-learning courses.
- Within six months of graduation, more than 90% of recent undergraduate and graduate degree recipients were employed, continuing their education, or not looking for work.
DePaul University ranking
|US News & World Report- Global Universities||1303||1390||1422|
|US News & World Report- National University Ranking||125||124||127|
Quick facts about DePaul University
- Total number of students- 21,670
- The academic year in 4 quarters- Fall, winter, spring, and summer
- Students complete an internship- 60%
- Students serve at over 200+ organizations worldwide- 3,800+
- Alumni in DePaul Network- 201,000+
- Freshmen live on campus- 72%
Programs at the university
DePaul University’s ten schools and colleges provide undergraduate and graduate courses to international students. It has more than 130 undergraduate majors and 175 graduate programs.
- Accountancy, Acting, Animation, Composition, English, French, Computer Science, Japanese Studies, Journalism, and Jazz Studies are among the undergraduate majors available.
- MBA, MS in Chemistry, MM in Composition, MS in Data Science, MBA in Entrepreneurship, MS in Finance, MA in History, LLM in Health Law, MA in International Studies, and other graduate programs are available at the university.
- They also have a unique program in which the graduate and master’s degrees are combined, saving money and time.
Some of the programs are as follows-
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A), Accountancy
- Master of Arts (M.A), Digital Communication and Media Arts
- Master of Science (M.S), Nursing
- Master of Science (M.S), Computer Science
- Master of Science (M.S), Software Engineering
- Master of Science (M.S), Data Science
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A), Accountancy
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A), Media and Design – Studio Art
- Bachelor of Science (B.S), Computer Science – Software Development
Depaul University campus
DePaul University has two campuses in Chicago, Illinois, in the United States of America. One campus is in the Chicago business district, and the other is in Lincoln Park. The Lincoln Park Campus and the Loop Campus are the two campuses at DePaul University.
Aside from academics, athletics is an essential part of a student’s life, which is why DePaul is a member of the Big East Conference, which is well-known for basketball. The students also have an interfraternity council, Panhellenic Council, and Greek Council, which organize various philanthropic events and have extracurricular student activities.
The Lincoln Park Campus is 36 acres in size and offers numerous housing options to students. It also houses the Schmitt Academic Center, the John T. Richardson Library, the DePaul Art Museum, the Theatre School Building, and several other buildings. The Loop Campus has an 11-story near the Art Institute of Chicago.
Admission portal- Common application site or DePaul application portal
Admission requirements are as follows
- Official secondary school transcripts or mark sheets.
- You must not submit original copies because the university will not return them.
- A GPA of at least 2.5 is necessary. Or it must be equivalent to a grade C of 77-79%.
English proficiency score
- TOEFL iBT- 80
- IELTS- 6.5
Application portal- DePaul application portal
Admission requirements are as follows
- Previous academic achievements
- Minimum GPA score of 3-3.5 (80-86%)
- Letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- GRE/GMAT score (whichever is applicable)
English language proficiency score
- TOEFL iBT- 80
- IELTS- 6.5
DePaul University’s Alumni Association includes over 200,000 alumni. They receive various benefits and privileges, including a variety of services and discounts. They can take advantage of alumni career services such as job search assistance, career counseling, resume review, and so on. The following are some of the alumni benefits-
- The university alumni ID card provides them with various discounts and access to special university privileges.
- They can use the library, and email address, and receive discounts on various certificate and non-credit courses.
- Alumni are eligible for discounted memberships to the fitness center or the student recreation center.
- 25% discount on tuition for any degree program at the graduate level.
- Receive a 25% discount on Cortelyou Commons rental rates for any event organized
- Receive a discount on Ray Meyer Fitness and Recreation Centre located on one of their campuses.
- Richard Driehaus- CEO, Driehaus Capital Management
- Jack Greenberg- Former CEO, McDonald’s Corporation
- Steven Hunter- NBA 2001–2010
- Thomas Moore- Author of Care of the Soul
- Patrick Hicks- Novelist, poet
- Brian Culbertson- Jazz musician
- DePaul University offers over 130 undergraduate and 175 graduate programs, as well as numerous online and continuing education courses in fields such as business, communication, education, law, computing, and liberal arts.
- US News & World Report – Global Universities ranks DePaul University 1390th for 2021.
- In Chicago, DePaul University has two campuses. Lincoln Park is located to the north of downtown Chicago.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us for more information on DePaul University by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: All you need to know about the University of Illinois at Chicago
Q1. How much can you expect to earn after graduating from DePaul University?
Answer- According to reports, the median starting salary for DePaul graduates is $53,600.
Q2. Is moving to Chicago a good idea?
Answer- Chicago, the third-largest city in the United States, is ideal for people who want to live in a world-class city while maintaining Midwest values. The Windy City has more than its fair share of culture, Michelin-starred restaurants, world-class business districts, and distinct neighborhoods.
Q3. Are there any on-campus housing options available for students at DePaul University?
Answer- Students can find housing on both university campuses. Students of any age can choose University Center, which is a multi-college community residence hall shared by other university students. The Lincoln Park Campus, on the other hand, provides fully furnished traditional living halls and apartments.