Table of Contents
- University of Worcester | Here’s everything you should know!
- University of Worcester | The History
- University of Worcester | The Administration
- University of Worcester | The Motto
- University of Worcester | The Location
- University of Worcester | Courses and fees
- University of Worcester | International students program
- University of Worcester | The Accommodation
- Key takeaways
University of Worcester | Here’s everything you should know!
We get this historically rich image when we think about the United Kingdom. Studying in this historic country will be beneficial. Choosing the best university for yourself is also a challenge. The University of Worcester, UK, will make that choice easy for you! We are going to know exactly that in this article!
The University of Worcester, UK is a rich university. It has a rich campus, study programs, history, alumni, facilities, and more. Here, you will find the best education in the stream you desire. From science to cinema, you will find everything here.
So, let’s learn more about the University of Worcester, UK!
University of Worcester | The History
The University of Worcester has more than 60 years of history. It was first established in 1946. It started as a teacher training center. It was established as an emergency center for the University of Bermingham. In 1976, it was renamed Worcester College of Higher Education. Finally, in 2005, the Privy Council granted its University status.
Since then, the University of Worcester has become an educational hub for international students.
University of Worcester | The Administration
The University of Worcester has Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester, as its chancellor. It is ranked 86th in the Times University Guide and 92nd in the Guardian University Guide.
The University of Worcester has 7 faculties. They are as follows-
- Institute of Education
- Institute of Health & Society
- Institute of Arts
- Institute of Humanity
- Institute of Science & Environment
- Institute of Sports & Exercise Science
- Worcester Business School
The University of Worcester, UK, is best known for its study programs in nursery & midwifery, psychology, teacher education, and sports science.
University of Worcester | The Motto
The motto of the University of Worcester is very interesting. It is ‘Ad Inspirandum Aspiramus’! The meaning of this motto is that you need to aspire to inspire! To be successful in life, you need to have inspiration. To find that inspiration, you first must aspire to become what you dream of. Interesting, isn’t it?
University of Worcester | The Location
The university is situated in the historic and beautiful county of Worcestershire. The University of Worcester is located in the heart of the city. You can easily reach there by train or by local bus. The other halls and sports facilities of the university are scattered around the city.
It has 4 campuses.
- St. John’s Campus- This is one of the well-known campuses of the University of Worcester. There’s an accommodation facility for students on this campus. Students have amenities like suites or basic rooms for them to stay in. It is located near the city center. So the students can reach their classes within 5 minutes of walking.
- City Campus- This campus is situated at the heart of the city. The City Campus has beautifully restored Georgian buildings. It’s within walking distance from St. John’s Campus. The campus has more than 170 en-suite rooms, multiple communal kitchens, and eating areas.
- Severn Campus- The University of Worcester owns a vast property on the bank of the River Severn. This Severn campus has space for arts and exhibition centers. It also has a sports facility with over 2000 seats. If you are interested in sports, it has plenty of activities. For example, the university is home to the Worcester Wolves basketball club, a national center for handicapped sports.
- Lakeside Campus- This campus is situated far from the other campuses. It is an outdoor education center of the university. It is within a 10-minute drive from the University of Worcester. The Lakeside Campus is a 50-acre complex. It has activity centers for the university.
University of Worcester | Courses and fees
As mentioned earlier, the University of Worcester is home to a variety of courses. They have undergraduate, postgraduate, and diploma courses in multiple streams. Let’s take a look at them one by one!
|No.||Degree||Mode of study||Annual Fees in £|
|1||BA( Hons), B.Sc (Hons)||Full-time||13,400/-|
|2||Higher National Diploma||Full-time||13,400/-|
|3||Foundation degree & certificate in Higher Education||Full-time||13,400/-|
|No.||Degree||Mode of Study||Annual Fees in £|
|2||Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery||Full-time||41,000/-|
|6||Doctor of Business Administration||Part-time||11,680/-|
|7||MA in Social work||Part-time||3,700/-|
University of Worcester | International students program
The University of Worcester, UK, has a program for international students. They have over 10,000 students from different streams, of which the number of International students is high. The university provides several services for international students.
They include airport pickup, orientation seminars, career counseling, social activities, and scholarship programs. These services are provided for a few months in the first year of your education. During the further years, the International Student Office will continue to assist and support the students.
University of Worcester | The Accommodation
To get accommodation on campus, you must race the other students to the deadline. If you are selected, you can get accommodation in the Hall of Residence for your undergraduate years. The on-campus accommodations are well maintained, and there’s an entire team to help you with your queries.
The University of Worcester has over 1000 single-occupancy rooms. The facilities provided by the university include 24-hour security, emergency maintenance, free content insurance, and communal area cleaning. It will also cover the internet connection, utility fees, and gym membership.
- The University of Worcester can be a good choice to pursue higher education as it has all the needed facilities and a good education system.
- The university provides special services for international students to make them feel secure on campus.
- If you are interested in arts or sports, the university has enough courses to help you.
- The University of Worcester is indeed rich in history and its present education facilities.
That’s all about the University of Worcester, UK! To learn more about such universities in the United Kingdom, click here. Let us know if the information was useful to you!
Liked this blog? Then read: UK work visa | The things you need to know!
Q1. Do I have to pass an exam to be eligible for admission to this university?
Answer – Yes. You have to pass IELTS, which is the International English Language Testing System.
Q2. Who are the alumni of the University of Worcester?
Answer – The university has several famous alumni from around the world. Some of them are- Fawzia Gilani-Williams, an author and scholar, Swaroop Sampat, Miss India 1979, and actress Jacqui Smith, a politician.
Q3. What is the average fee for the University?
Answer – The average international fee for the University is £11,700/-.