Table of Contents
About Clayton State University
Students’ dreams come true at Clayton State University through its classes that offer hands-on experience, internships, and real-world exposure. Students come to Clayton State in suburban Atlanta from over 34 states and 32 countries for-
- The individual attention it offers to every student
- Smaller class sizes
- Low-cost career preparation courses
- Excellent faculty and vibrant campus life
With 214 acres of park-like beauty and inclusive and supportive community of students, faculty, and staff, the campus feels like a second home.
Clayton State University | A brief overview
Clayton State University is a liberal arts college with its main campus in Morrow, Georgia, a small town in the United States. Clayton State East, Peachtree City, McDonough, and Jonesboro are Clayton State’s sister campuses. In addition to the rural wildlife setting of Clayton State’s sprawling campus, it is close to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, and an estimated eighteen-minute drive to downtown Atlanta.
Clayton State came into existence in 1969. It had a total undergraduate enrollment of 6,145 students (fall 2021), a suburban setting, and a campus size of 192 acres. Its academic calendar is semester-based. Clayton State University ranked #103-135 in Regional Universities South in the Best Colleges 2022-2023 edition. It charges $6,584 for in-state tuition and other fees and $19,986 for out-of-state tuition and other fees.
Clayton State has an active international exchange program. This includes an established partnership with Daejeon University in South Korea, which welcomes students from their Business and Nursing Colleges for a semester of study. Outbound students can participate in established study abroad programs in places like Costa Rica, Jamaica, and China.
The university’s mission is to empower its students by providing rich experiences that engage their critical-thinking skills and prepare them for their desired careers. It understands that in order to say ‘mission accomplished’ on graduation day, the students and the university must foster an inclusive community that rallies around its students’ individual dreams and aspirations. It achieves this goal by providing outstanding programs, appropriate support, and an environment that reflects 21st-century business and industry.
The university has a 192-acre campus that brings students closer to nature as it includes five lakes and wide-open grounds. It has a yearly admission rate of up to 4000 freshmen who pursue and select from the university’s vast array of majors.
Liberal Arts and Humanities, Community Psychology, Nursing, Hospital Management, Business, Office Management, Paralegal, Biology, Accounting, and Communications are some of the majors available at this university.
Clayton State University campus has adequate dorms and nutritious food to ensure that every student remains energized and active for any responsibilities that may arise. It is an NCAA Division 2 school (no football) that hosts the Peach Belt Athletic Conference every year.
Clayton State University has brilliant professors. According to surveys, most students agree that the professors who teach them are well-read and have a thorough knowledge of their subject. It is a more affordable university for higher studies than others in Georgia, and admission can be difficult for all students worldwide.
It caters to students who cannot attend classes by providing them with online lectures, making it much easier for them to balance their academic and personal lives.
Clayton State University is a relatively small university, which means that students are much more connected to one another. They have formed a close-knit community, making it easier for people to bond and for teachers to focus on all students equally. Their teaching methods include guiding students in all aspects of life in general, thereby shaping them into the brilliant leaders of tomorrow.
Study areas for popular programs
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Health services/allied health/health sciences
- Community psychology
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Dental hygiene/hygienist
- Hospital and healthcare facilities administration/management
- Business administration and management
- Office management and supervision
- Biology/biological sciences
- Logistics, materials, and supply chain management
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Information science/studies
- Legal assistant/paralegal
- Cinematography and film/video production
- Regional Universities South- 103-135
- Top Performers on Social Mobility (tie)- 32
- Top Public Schools- 49-58
- Gail Buckner- Democratic Georgia state senator
- Brandon Robinson- former American professional basketball player
- Wil Wilcox- professional golfer and member of the PGA Tour
- Robert Conley- former American professional basketball player
- Valencia Seay- Democratic Georgia state senator
- Founded in 1969, Clayton State University is a liberal arts college with its main campus in Morrow, Georgia, a small town in the United States. Clayton State East, Peachtree City, McDonough, and Jonesboro are Clayton State’s sister campuses.
- The university spans across 192-acre campus and brings students closer to nature as it includes five lakes and wide-open grounds. It has a yearly admission rate of up to 4000 freshmen who can pursue any of the university’s vast array of majors.
- Clayton State University has brilliant professors who have a thorough knowledge of their subject. It is an affordable university for higher studies than others in Georgia, but the admission process can be difficult for all students worldwide.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on Clayton State University. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Your handy guide to Princeton University ranking
Q1. What GPA is required to be admitted to Clayton State University?
Ans- Admission to Clayton State University requires a 3.0 GPA.
Q2. Is it possible to get a double major or declare a minor at Clayton State University?
Ans- Yes, students can double major or minor in any Clayton State University degree.
Q3. Is Clayton State University certified?
Ans- The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission has accredited Clayton State University.