Table of Contents
- York University is well-renowned for its research.
- An overview of York University
- Key takeaways
York University is well-renowned for its research.
York University is a leading international teaching and research university and a catalyst for positive change. It prepares students for long-term career and personal success by leveraging a welcoming and diverse community with a uniquely global perspective. It always works to improve communities, the planet, and the future.
York University, also known as YorkU or simply YU, is a public research university located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is the fourth-largest university in Canada. It has 11 faculties, including-
- Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies
- Faculty of Science
- Lassonde School of Engineering
- Schulich School of Business
- Osgoode Hall Law School
- Glendon College
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Health
- Faculty of Environmental and Urban Change
- Faculty of Graduate Studies
- School of the Arts, Media, Performance, and Design, as well as 28 research centers.
An overview of York University
York University dedicates itself to providing a diverse student body with access to a high-quality, research-intensive learning environment for the public good.
It provides Bachelor’s degrees in the following fields
- Environmental Studies
- Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
- Arts, Media, Performance, and Design
York University is a leading international teaching and research university and a catalyst for positive change. York University has one of Canada’s largest and most diverse student bodies, with 59,000 students from 178 countries, 325,000+ alums, and leading professors working on global issues with 300+ university, industry, and NGO partners.
York University has been named a global leader in the new Times Higher Education Impact Rankings for two years in a row. It ranks first in international joint research publications in Ontario.
York U students have meaningful careers and long-term success and acquire critical knowledge to work toward a better future through its leading programs and 8,500 diverse experiential education opportunities, such as internships, community placements, co-ops, and capstone projects.
The university continues to innovate across its multiple campuses in Toronto, including the bilingual Keele and Glendon campuses, as well as globally.
York U students also benefit from its top-ranked Schulich School of Business and Osgoode Hall Law School. You can look up to their liberal arts, creative and performing arts, professional studies, health, engineering, education, and science fields. Collaboration, diversity, and inclusivity are essential for the university. York U understands how these factors can help its students’ progress.
York University is a campus network that provides various opportunities for students to immerse themselves in the diverse experiences and perspectives that shape our world. Campus facilities offer students, faculty, and the general public numerous opportunities to engage in and benefit from innovative research and programming in a fluid and flexible manner.
Extensive collaboration and mobility between campuses create an integrated, dynamic York community. York University facilitates and makes a positive change on a large scale, with three core campuses and a network of satellite locations both in Ontario and abroad.
Glendon College, located in midtown Toronto, provides an intimate and welcoming environment on its picturesque, ivy-lined campus, focusing on bilingual and trilingual programming. Glendon reflects Canada’s cultural diversity. Small classes and flexible learning paths create a community-driven university experience. Glendon is a rewarding experience for those looking for a warm campus environment with a large-scale impact because it is part of a thriving international network.
Keele campus provides over 52,000 students, faculty, staff, partners, and the surrounding community with a vibrant and welcoming large-scale campus experience. The campus, united by a shared desire to promote and work toward positive change, offers a unique opportunity to engage with people from various cultures and perspectives. The Keele campus experience is enhanced by its proximity and access to economic and cultural centers throughout the GTA and surrounding communities as a thriving community hub.
Markham campus places York University in the heart of one of the province’s and country’s most diverse and dynamic urban communities. Academic programs and research revolves around the core themes of technology and entrepreneurship and how they are driving innovation across all areas of knowledge and society, reflecting the local economy.
York University (York U) is a leading international teaching and research university and a positive change agent when it comes to its courses.
Faculty of Education
- Bachelor of Education (French)
- Educational Studies
Faculty of Environmental & Urban Change
- Cities, Regions, Planning
- Ecosystem Management (BES) with Fleming College
- Environmental Arts and Justice
- Environmental Science
- Global Geography
- Sustainable Environmental Management
Faculty of Health
- Global Health (BA)
- Global Health (BSc)
- Health Policy, Management & Digital Health
- Health Studies
- Kinesiology & Health Science (BA)
- Kinesiology & Health Science (BSc)
Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
- Business & Society
- Business Economics
- Children, Childhood, and Youth
- Classical Studies/Classics
- Cognitive Science
Faculty of Science
- Actuarial Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Biomedical Science
- QS World University Rankings- 456
- QS WUR Ranking By Subject- 159
- Graduate Employability Ranking- 301-500
The university has over 300,000 alums worldwide. Steven Glenwood MacLean is a well-known Canadian astronaut and York University graduate. York graduates have achieved notable success in a variety of fields.
- York University has the highest ranking worldwide. The university offers academic opportunities, flexibility, and career-connected education that helps its students build successful careers in their fields.
- The campus network of York University offers opportunities for students to immerse themselves in diverse experiences and perspectives. Campus facilities provide plenty of opportunities to engage in and benefit from innovative research and programming.
- York University (York U) is a leading international teaching and research university that focuses on being a positive change agent with the help of its courses. The university’s popular courses are education, health, science, and so on.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on York University. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: An introduction to LUT university
Q1. Is York University hard to get into?
Ans- The university will consider courses taken in Grades 11 and 12 for applicants applying from high school. The minimum GPA requirement is 4.0. York University is a highly selective institution, and meeting the minimum admission requirements and deadline dates does not guarantee admission.
Q2. Is York University hard to get into?
Ans- York University is a selective institution. Its undergraduate program has an estimated acceptance rate of 89%, implying that if you meet the requirements of your chosen program and submit a solid application, you have a good chance of admission.
Q3. How much is the tuition fee at York U?
Ans- The tuition fee for York U is 7,758 CAD for domestic students and 26,978.4 CAD for international students.