Table of Contents
- Best benefits of pursuing an EMBA program
- Best Colleges Abroad for an Executive MBA
- Key Takeaways
A recent 2020 survey conducted by the Executive MBA Council revealed that executive MBA (or EMBA) graduates experienced significant benefits. On average, an EMBA graduate received a minimum compensation of 14.1% after the completion of their program.
There are significant benefits associated with completing an EMBA. Business experts and professionals with varying levels of experience agree that an EMBA can add significant value to a resume. Several aspirants opt to enter the employment sector once their undergraduate education is complete. This creates a foundation for practical work and expertise.
However, technical knowledge and skills often require academic effort and intervention. Choosing to pursue an EMBA program is one of the best ways to continue building a practical foundation while developing technical skills.
The part-time schedule of a typical Executive MBA program allows a student to continue working while also studying. Before we look at the best colleges, let’s see what are the benefits of pursuing an EMBA program.
Best benefits of pursuing an EMBA program
1. Significant growth in networking opportunities
Pursuing an executive MBA program allows aspirants to interact with peers from a diverse range of industries. Given the current job market, creating a network of professional relationships can be an excellent way to increase career opportunities.
As executive MBA students, aspirants will have several opportunities to network at conferences, workshops, and meetings. Additionally, EMBA’s are conducted by industry experts themselves, allowing aspirants to nurture these vital connections.
2. Development of new interests
One of the most recognized aspects of an EMBA program is that it is not just restricted to professionals. This is an excellent program for entrepreneurs to consider as well! A typical EMBA program is for professionals who aspire to reach the executive level.
Hence, they design the syllabus to inspire new interests and ideas. Aspirants can be sure to graduate with a brand-new perspective on how the corporate world functions. This can also inspire significant career moves, changes, or can even facilitate the development of a new venture! An aspirant could start an event management venture even with a data science background! Once you have gained the knowledge, the world is your oyster.
3. Increased earning potential
Pursuing an executive MBA requires considerable effort given that aspirants need to juggle workplace performance and academics. However, all this hard work pays off. Research shows that EMBA graduates experience an increase in salary by 51%.
EMBA graduates also occupy positions at significantly higher managerial levels, as compared to their MBA counterparts. With an EMBA, aspirants can use their qualifications as an opportunity for leverage within their professional lives.
Best Colleges Abroad for an Executive MBA
Pursuing an EMBA from a recognized university can be an excellent stepping stone for a career in any industry. So here are some of the best colleges for pursuing an EMBA abroad are:
- London Business School offers an excellent EMBA program that is spread out over a span of 20 months.
- Classes take place on consecutive Fridays and Saturdays on alternative weeks for the first 3 terms.
- The course and project work of the executive MBA is designed to be completed in pre-assigned study groups. This allows aspirants to work with many professionals from various cultural backgrounds.
- There are regular workshops and training sessions by industry experts. This facilitates the development of a remarkable network of professionals.
- The Wharton School offers an excellent EMBA program spread out across the duration of 24 months.
- They expect students to attend in-person classes conducted every weekend on Wharton campuses in San Francisco and Philadelphia.
- The benefit of Wharton’s EMBA program is that students directly apply their acquired knowledge to their jobs, as compared to their MBA counterparts.
- The EMBA program also offers 9 credits.
- One of the key aspects of their program is the Global Business Week. This is a one-week compulsory international trip students need to undertake. Participating in this trip significantly enhances learning experiences and exposure.
- The Kellogg School of Management offers an executive MBA program that enhances the all-rounded development of professionals.
- Some of the world’s most recognized executives conduct this course.
- Students learn several frameworks that help them solve tough business problems and allow for an expansion of global networks.
- There are a number of schedules that working professionals can choose from. For example, the Kellogg School of Management Miami campus offers an EMBA program divided into sessions once a month.
- The Evanston campus, on the other hand, offers classes twice a month.
- INSEAD offers a Global Executive MBA (GEMBA) program that is among the most recognized and reputed programs in the world.
- Aspirants need to display not only a high level of commitment but also enthusiasm to complete this program.
- One of the key aspects of the executive MBA program is the extensive eligibility criteria and admission process, without which students cannot participate.
- Students need to demonstrate proven leadership and excellent academic capacity to be considered for this program.
- Additionally, applicants who have a cross-cultural sensitivity and a desire for intellectual growth get preference over the rest.
- The UCLA Anderson School of Management offers an EMBA program that can be completed in 22 months.
- One of the key aspects of this program is its flexible scheduling, with classes available on weekends.
- They give students the opportunity to create networks with professionals who have varying levels of experience in the field.
- Students also get access to a dedicated Career Management Center that provides virtual tools, career change boot camps, workshops, and career coaching classes.
- EMBAs are among the most popular programs preferred by working professionals who seek to study while developing their careers.
- There are a number of advantages to completing an executive MBA program.
- Many choose to pursue this program to continue their education while also being a part of the corporate world.
- EMBAs provide significant networking opportunities for aspirants. This allows them to connect with professionals in the field as well as peers.
- EMBA graduates also earn significantly greater as compared to their MBA counterparts.
- There are several reputed colleges across the world that offer excellent EMBA programs for aspirants.
Learn more about different courses in our blogs. If you have any doubts get in touch with us now! Also, don’t forget to comment below and share your thoughts!
Q1. What is the cost of the EMBA program offered by INSEAD?
Answer – The GEMBA program offered by INSEAD costs USD 130,000.
Q2. Are executive MBAs available in an online-learning format?
Answer – Yes, given the COVID-19 situation, most colleges have switched to an online-learning mode for executive MBAs.
Q3. What are some popular specializations offered for EMBAs?
Answer – Some specializations for EMBAs to consider include Entrepreneurship, Human Resources, Sales and Marketing, and Finance.