Table of Contents
- About Bastyr University, Kenmore
- Research at Bastyr
- Bastyr university kenmore Campus
- Admission details
- Application process
- Key takeaways
About Bastyr University, Kenmore
Bastyr University is a federally recognized institute. It is at the forefront of developing leaders in natural health arts and sciences fields for the twenty-first century. The campuses of Bastyr University are the original and contemporary homes of many indigenous peoples, including the Coast Salish and the Kumeyaay (KOOM-e-yi) people. The spiritual connection of these people to their lands forms the foundation of their being. Let’s discuss the bastyr university kenmore courses, rankings, campus, and more.
Bastyr University has been a pioneer in science-based natural medicine since its inception in 1978. The school gets its name from its beloved teacher and noted Seattle naturopathic physician Dr. John Bastyr.
Although Bastyr University began as a naturopathic medicine college, it now offers more than 20 degree and certificate programs. Continuing to build on its scientific foundation, the University got several multimillion-dollar research grants from the National Institutes of Health.
Bastyr University trains future leaders in the arts and sciences of natural health. It has an integrated approach to education, research, and clinical service that respects nature’s healing power and recognizes that body, mind, and spirit are intrinsically inseparable.
Bastyr University, as the world’s leading academic center for advancing and integrating knowledge in the natural health arts and sciences, aims to transform human health and well-being.
Research at Bastyr
The research at Bastyr University is critical to the advancement of complementary and integrative health. A tradition of research in the natural health arts and sciences is the foundation of Bastyr. It primarily emphasizes student-centered, faculty-mentored research in the form of capstone projects, master’s theses, and individual faculty-mentored research projects.
Bastyr recognizes that research frequently bypasses or inappropriately utilizes BIPOC communities. Hence, its stated goal is to focus on best practices in diversity, equity, and inclusion and generate research with inherent benefit to traditionally marginalized and underserved communities.
Founded in 1986, Bastyr University Research Institute was the first natural health university research unit to receive a grant from the National Institutes of Health. Bastyr researchers receive millions of dollars in funding for a wide range of natural health initiatives.
Bastyr university kenmore Campus
Bastyr University has campuses in two different locations. They are-
Bastyr’s Seattle Campus
The 51-acre Bastyr University campus is ideal for studying natural health sciences.
The 186,000-square-foot campus complex lies in Kenmore, Washington. It is 10 miles northeast of Seattle, among fields and woodlands on the northeast shore of Lake Washington.
San Diego Campus
Students who enjoy the beach, warm weather, and being a part of a thriving natural health-minded city will feel at home on the Bastyr University San Diego campus.
Each program at Bastyr equips you with the knowledge and skills necessary for a successful career in the natural health arts and sciences. Faculty and students have dedicated their lives to improving the lives of their patients, clients, and communities by combining science and nature.
Bastyr University provides completely online degree programs and hybrid programs that are mostly online, and it constantly expands its remote studying options.
Areas of study
- Exercise science
- Herbal sciences
- Holistic landscape design
- Integrated human biology
- Maternal-child health systems
- Naturopathic medicine
- Public health
- 2692 of 14,131 in the World
- 800 of 2,597 in North America
- 733 of 2,496 in the United States
- 13 of 57 in Washington
- 1240 of 1,906 for Health Science
- 2057 of 4,739 for Medicine
- Britt Marie Hermes- American doctor
- Cherie Calbom- Author
- James Chen- Author
- Mavie Marcos- American singer-songwriter
- Angela Pifer- Nutritionist
Undergraduate admission requirements
Prerequisites might differ depending on the undergraduate program. Prior to admission, all undergraduate students must complete the following-
- 90 quarter (60 semesters) credits from a regionally accredited college or university or its equivalent (only courses with a C or higher are transferable)
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 and a prerequisite GPA of 2.0 is the admission requirement.
- Complete the general education and program prerequisites.
- Apply for financial aid and scholarships and learn about the work-study program at Bastyr.
Graduate admission requirements
Prerequisites differ depending on the graduate program. You can find more information can in the program listings on the university’s official website.
Apply for financial aid and scholarships and learn about the work-study program at Bastyr.
- Bastyr University offers 22 degree programs in ten areas of study.
- Explore the degree options to see which modalities and careers interest you the most.
- From matching your career goals to a degree program to finalizing your application details, Bastyr’s admissions advisors will be with you every step of the way.
- Speak with an advisor to create a personalized prerequisite completion plan, learn more about programs, and connect with application resources, among other things.
- Make sure you have all your supporting documents ready to submit with your application.
- Check your application deadlines to avoid missing out on opportunities.
- Fill out and submit your application through the university’s online portal. If you do not complete all sections of the application, then there might be a delay in the processing.
- Your advisor will send you a list of the next steps after you get admission into a program.
- Paying your program deposit (up to $300), completing your remaining prerequisites, and setting up your Bastyr student accounts are the next steps from here on.
- Bastyr University, kenmore has been a leader in science-based natural medicine since it began in 1978. The university gets its name from its beloved teacher and noted Seattle naturopathic physician Dr. John Bastyr.
- Bastyr University,kenmore has two campuses- Bastyr’s Seattle Campus, a 51-acre property ideal for studying natural health sciences, and the San Diego Campus, where students can enjoy the beach and warm weather and be a part of a thriving natural health-minded city
- Each program at Bastyr offers the knowledge and skills necessary for a successful career in the natural health arts and sciences. Faculty and students have put all their lives to improve the health of their patients, clients, and communities by combining science and nature.
Did you find this blog informative? If yes, please share your comments below. Click here to contact us for more information on international universities and colleges. We would be happy to assist you!
Liked this blog? Read next: Everything you should know about the top MBA universities in Singapore!
Q1. Is Bastyr University a private or public institute?
Ans- Bastyr is a private university.
Q2. What is the application fee for Bastyr University, Kenmore?
Ans- Students have to pay a non-refundable application fee of $75.
Q3. Does Bastyr University, Kenmore, require the SAT?
Ans- Bastyr University is not test optional institute. Hence, it does not consider ACT or SAT scores as part of its admissions process.