Table of Contents
What makes Flinders University unique?
Flinders University gives you the skills and confidence you need to succeed in your studies and career. Their career-focused degrees, globally recognized instructors, and top-notch research will enrich your education and put you on the road to success. Let’s learn more about the university, its rankings, and its subjects.
About Flinders University
Flinders University is expanding its global reputation as a worldwide leader in research, an innovator in modern education, and a source of enterprising graduates. They are ready to change the world in an era of disruptive change and impressive technological innovation. Flinders University, founded in 1966, offers over 500 undergraduate and postgraduate courses across three campuses.
The Flinders New Venture Institute, a global entrepreneurship leader at the university’s high-tech Tonsley campus, supports unique entrepreneurial offerings. In contrast, its Victoria Square campus offers an alternative study space in the city’s heart. At the main Bedford Park campus, an award-winning, cutting-edge student hub promotes interactive learning in a digitally enabled environment.
Why study at Flinders University?
Here are some reasons that will convince you to study at the university.
Facilities at Flinders
Flinders University’s main campus is in Bedford Park, about 12 kilometers south of the city center. It offers breathtaking panoramic views of the city and Australia’s southern coast. Bedford Park provides facilities such as
- There are numerous cafes, fast food chains, food trucks, sushi restaurants, and other dining options.
- ATMs and banking services are available.
- A well-equipped gym is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- An extensive library is also open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Aside from child care and parenting centers, health and wellness services, spiritual services, and so on are also available.
There’s also the Victoria Square campus, right in the heart of Adelaide, and ideal for students who enjoy living and studying amid the hustle and bustle of a city like Adelaide.
The Tonsley campus is in a neighborhood known as ‘Australia’s Silicon Valley,’ and it is home to companies such as Tesla, Rockwell Automation, SAGE, Siemens, and others. It is an excellent environment for international students to become innovators and future entrepreneurs.
Did you know Flinders is the only university in the Adelaide metropolitan area that offers on-campus housing?
The University Hall is a fully catered residence that houses over 200 students. It fosters a warm and welcoming environment that allows you to meet and interact with students worldwide.
You can have a lot of fun here and participate in activities like
- Student BBQs, music nights, outdoor cinema, and team sports activities
- There are other social gatherings.
- Not to mention that you can walk to all of your classes without having to worry about the morning commute.
However, there is always the Deirdre Jordan Village if you have an independent streak. It strikes a balance between the convenience of living close to campus and the freedom to be independent and unconstrained by rules.
If you want to live off-campus, you can take advantage of the International Student Services’ free accommodation service. The service will assist you in locating temporary housing until you can find permanent housing.
The healthcare system offers emergency and routine medical care, as well as other services as follows-
- First aid
- Health screens (pap smears, skin checks, cholesterol, STDs, and so on)
- Staff medicals
- Minor surgery
- Health education
- Vaccinations (for health care work and travel)
- SA Pathology
Here are the eligibility criteria for international students-
- You must have obtained the required test score for the course for which you are applying.
- IELTS and equivalent scores are required to meet the various levels. Remember to take the IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, and Cambridge exams in a registered testing center.
- Completed an approved secondary or tertiary qualification taught in English in a country where English is the official language or the primary language is spoken (for up to an overall IELTS of 6.5), with evidence no more than five years old on the proposed date of course start.
- Completed a pre-course English program through an approved ELICOS provider.
Faculties and schools
Here are the faculties and schools at Flinders University-
- Business, Government and Law
- Education, Psychology, and Social Work
- Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences
- Medicine and Public Health
- Nursing and Health Sciences
- Science and Engineering
Below are a few subjects one can learn at Flinders-
|Physical Sciences||Mathematics & StatisticsPhysics & AstronomyChemistryGeology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences|
|Business and Economics||Accounting & FinanceEconomics & EconometricsBusiness & Management|
|Clinical, pre-clinic, and health||Medicine & DentistryOther health|
|Life Sciences||Agriculture & ForestryBiological SciencesSport Science|
|Engineering and Technology||Electrical & Electronic EngineeringGeneral EngineeringMechanical & Aerospace EngineeringCivil Engineering|
|Social Sciences||SociologyCommunication & Media StudiesGeographyPolitics & International Studies (incl Development Studies)|
|Arts and Humanities||Languages, Literature & LinguisticsArchaeologyArt, Performing Arts & DesignHistory, Philosophy & Theology|
|Computer Science||Computer Science|
Here are a few rankings for the university-
Academic Ranking of World Universities
World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings
- Flinders University makes an impact through innovative research, excellence in teaching and learning, and delivering unique experiences and support for their students.
- There are approximately 26,000 students enrolled in undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Since its inception, Flinders University has been a proudly multicultural institution, with 5,400 international students from more than 90 countries.
- Flinders University is committed to making students’ university experience the best it can be, and we offer extensive academic and personal support.
Did you find this blog informative? Do let us know your thoughts and views in the comments below. Click here to contact us for more information on the Singapore University of Technology and Design. We would be happy to oblige with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: An introduction to University College Cork
Q1. What is the acceptance rate for Flinders University?
Answer- The acceptance rate for Flinders University is 62%.
Q2. How much is the tuition fee for international students at Flinders University?
Answer- The tuition fee for international students at Flinders University is 21,900 AUD.
Q3. Is Flinders good for nursing students?
Answer- It is one of the top nursing universities in Australia, and Flinders has excellent facilities for nursing students. They are also very respectful and anticipate the needs of international students, and have implemented services and measures to alleviate the stress of adapting to academic life away from home.