Table of Contents
- 1. Kaplan’s GRE Complete 2021 Bundle
- 2. Manhattan Prep’s 5 lb. Book of GRE Practice Problems, 3rd Edition
- 3. The Official GRE Super Power Pack, 2nd Edition
- 4. The Princeton Review’s GRE Premium Prep, 2021
- 5. GRE Prep by Magoosh
- 6. Manhattan Prep’s GRE Strategy Guides
- 7. Test Prep Books’ GRE Prep, 2021 and 2022
- 8. Barron’s Essential Words for the GRE, 4th Edition
- 9. The Princeton Review’s 1,027 GRE Practice Questions, 5th Edition
- 10. Mometrix’s GRE Prep, 2021 and 2022
- Key Takeaways
The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is one of the most well-known assessments for applicants interested in completing postgraduate courses in other countries. Many students who want to go to graduate school need to get a solid GRE score. But getting into graduate school might pose a challenge without an adequate study plan and resources. With the help of good GRE books, doing well on an exam will only need a dash of motivation.
So let’s dive right into the 10 GRE books that can help you ace your exam!
1. Kaplan’s GRE Complete 2021 Bundle
This bundle is a must-have for students who want to create a comprehensive study plan. Three books make up the full handbook. It provides students with test-day methods and recommendations to score well. Students receive access to online practice material, which is also included in the handbook.
2. Manhattan Prep’s 5 lb. Book of GRE Practice Problems, 3rd Edition
There are over 1,800 practice questions in this GRE test book that help students prepare for each part of the exam. This book provides students with up-to-date test information. Additionally, the book includes links to further resources.
3. The Official GRE Super Power Pack, 2nd Edition
The test creators themselves created this series of prep books. It includes four full GRE tests as well as supplementary GRE practice questions because the three-volume series are combined. The candidates will pay less than they would if they purchased each book separately. Moreover, the answers to the practice questions are simple to understand.
4. The Princeton Review’s GRE Premium Prep, 2021
This GRE prep book offers six full-length practice tests and quizzes on all the areas covered in the exam. All of which help students achieve the greatest possible score. They also provided additional internet resources in the book. So, if you want a tried-and-true formula that has effective learning materials, then GRE Premium Prep is a good option for you.
5. GRE Prep by Magoosh
GRE Prep by Magoosh provides study content that is accessible from any device. They include thousands of study questions in this prep book, along with video explanations. This book offers brand-new test-taking guidance from seasoned professionals.
6. Manhattan Prep’s GRE Strategy Guides
These books teach students the learning skills and strategies they’ll need to ace the exam. It’s a collection that consists of eight books. Each of these covers a different topic, such as geometry, word problems, or algebra. It also gives comprehensive preparation for many questions.
7. Test Prep Books’ GRE Prep, 2021 and 2022
Expert test-taking tactics, sample test questions, and extensive answer explanations are all part of this GRE prep book. Students can practice a range of question types, such as arithmetic, data analysis, and reading comprehension. This book also contains advice on how to overcome exam anxiety and create a GRE study strategy. With one of the greatest GRE practice books, you’ll get more experience in GRE content. It includes analytical reasoning, verbal reasoning, and quantitative reasoning.
8. Barron’s Essential Words for the GRE, 4th Edition
This book is a brilliant option for those who want to brush up on their vocabulary and learn the definitions of 800 graduate-level words. It begins with a pre-test to determine students’ initial understanding and ends with a post-test to see how far readers have progressed.
9. The Princeton Review’s 1,027 GRE Practice Questions, 5th Edition
With plenty of practice questions, this book ensures readers are comfortable with each part of the GRE exam. A full-length practice exam is included, as are 73 extra verbal, math, and essay drills. The Princeton Review’s 1,027 GRE Practice Questions provide you with all you’ll need to succeed. It includes GRE preparation ideas and methods. Along with this, there is a wealth of information on what to expect on the exam and all the practice you’ll need to earn the score you want.
10. Mometrix’s GRE Prep, 2021 and 2022
This book contains over 650 practice questions with in-depth explanations. A chapter dedicated to each GRE question type, and an individual performance summary. So you can use it to personalize your study plan.
There are so many preparation resources available online it can overwhelm candidates. So, how should students go about choosing the best GRE prep books and GRE study materials for themselves? Well, candidates must follow the simple steps outlined below to top the GRE exam.
- Always begin as soon as possible- The key to any good preparation strategy is to get started early.
- Only use reliable sources- Students waste a significant amount of time and resources on questionable websites. Choose only genuine study materials and use the GRE official websites.
- GRE preparation strategies differ, and you should devise your own. Try different methods and see which works best for you and stick to it.
We hope you found it informative and will read most of these books if not all for your upcoming exam. Don’t forget to comment below and share your thoughts! You can also get in touch with us if you have any doubts.
Liked this blog? Read: Maths tricks | Acing GRE and GMAT will now be easy!
1. What is the official GRE preparation book?
The ETS GRE book “The Official Guide to the GRE General Test”
Official GRE Quantitative Reasoning Practice Questions Volume 1, Second Edition.
Official GRE Verbal Reasoning Practice Questions Volume 1, Second Edition.
2. How long should you study for the GRE?
Answer- The GRE is not an exam that can be rushed for. The exam is primarily a measure of patterns, not facts, so you’ll need plenty of practice time if you want to improve your GRE score. We recommend that you study for the GRE for 4 -12 weeks.
3. What book should I read for GRE prep?
Answer- The Best American Essays-
This book consists of an outstanding structural grouping of essential concepts. It includes the intricate words that distinguish this renowned essay series. These essays are especially useful for improving GRE vocabulary. As they contain many flashcard words that are defined contextually.