Table of Contents
- Top requirements for studying abroad after 12th
- A transcript of grades
- Valid passport
- Proof of funds(PoF)
- Age limit
- Exams for studying abroad after 12th
- Application procedure for studying abroad after 12th
- Courses to study abroad after 12th
- Courses in commerce for study abroad after 12th
- Engineering courses to study abroad after 12th
- Arts courses to study abroad after 12th
- Medical courses to study abroad after 12th
- Advantages of studying abroad after 12th
- Key takeaways
Studying for a bachelor’s degree overseas is one of the best methods for an Indian student to learn and gain experience. After the 12th, there are numerous exams for studying abroad. Choosing an exam and clearing it is not an easy task. But with a structured learning approach, anyone can clear the exams and make it abroad. Recently, many students from India taking an interest in studying abroad after the 12th. This blog will help students to clear their doubts about studying abroad after 12th.
Top requirements for studying abroad after 12th
Selecting the University to study abroad after the 12th is one of the most important steps of a learner’s journey abroad. There is a common protocol that all universities follow, even though this information changes depending on the university. Here is a list of the essential requirements for studying abroad after the 12th.
A transcript of grades
The university must get copies of all international students’ academic records, particularly their 12th/high school or diploma. Students specializing in a particular course should do well in the pertinent subject.
LOR, or letter of recommendation, is one of the many requirements while applying to study at universities abroad. Students can find two or three people to demonstrate their skills, expertise, achievements, and details. Academic tutors are primarily in charge of this.
SOP stands for statement of purpose. Students are required to write an essay explaining why they think they are a perfect fit to pursue the program at the university. The primary goal of an SOP is to make sure that students can express to university administrators their educational objectives and purposes.
You must have a valid passport to apply and enroll at any university abroad. While you would need a valid passport, you need to know that for different countries, the requirement of the validity of your passport might vary. Some countries would want you to have the validity until the end of the course, even at the time of applying for the student visa. On the other hand, some might let you apply, but request you to have a validity that extends beyond the intended stay in the country.
Proof of funds(PoF)
To apply to universities overseas, you must have enough funds. Numerous factors, including tuition costs, the cost of living, and others, affect how much it will cost to study abroad. This information makes finding funding much more accessible. Students are required to provide evidentiary proof that they are able to not only pay for the fee but also normal living expenses for the duration of their stay in the country. Some universities ask for the same, but only after sending you an admission offer. Irrespective of who asks for PoF, the fact remains that Proof of Funds refers to the ability that the student has to bear the cost of studying abroad.
Students must be a minimum of 18 years old to apply to any foreign universities after the 12th.
Exams for studying abroad after 12th
Entrance examinations are significant for the admissions procedure for international study programs. Exams differ depending on the nation, college, and programs you select. The student must go through the process of passing the entrance tests to study abroad in addition to passing the 12th.
There are standardized tests and language proficiency assessments, including the SAT, GRE, GMAT, IELTS, and TOEFL. These tests are necessary to qualify for scholarships and international degrees.
Application procedure for studying abroad after 12th
Here is a summary of the application procedure to assist you in applying successfully to any international university following your 12th-
- Decide the nation you want to study in.
- Make sure your passport is valid.
- Select the college and program you want to attend.
- For admission criteria, go to the university’s website.
- You must pass all needed tests.
- Pay for the application form.
- Send in all necessary paperwork ahead of the application date.
- Apply for any available scholarships.
- Once confirmed, start making arrangements for funding and applying for a student visa.
Courses to study abroad after 12th
When a student decides to study abroad after their 12th, they have a wide range of educational options to select from. Here are a few options to help them comprehend the range of courses offered to students.
Courses in commerce for study abroad after 12th
The commerce stream offers a variety of engaging courses, including-
- Finance and Accounting
- Business Administration
Some nations that provide excellent commerce degrees to students are Australia, Canada, the UK, Germany, and Singapore.
Engineering courses to study abroad after 12th
Students are almost always drawn to study engineering after the 12th. It is a worthwhile degree when applying for jobs. These are a few engineering programs offered abroad.
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Civil engineering
- Information technology
The USA, Australia, the UK, Singapore, and Germany are a few of the nations that offer some of the most outstanding engineering programs.
Arts courses to study abroad after 12th
When students decide to study the arts after the 12th from abroad, they have various course options to select from. The following are a few of the top arts courses for students-
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication
The UK, France, and the USA are the nations that provide top-notch education in the arts.
Medical courses to study abroad after 12th
There are various programs in the medical stream available to study abroad after the 12th. A few of them include-
- Medicine and Surgery
- Laboratory medicine
- Health informatics
- Medical science
For medical students, some countries with excellent facilities include China, Singapore, and Australia.
Advantages of studying abroad after 12th
- Studying abroad after the 12th can help you become a global citizen by giving you access to a variety of options in life. Being a global citizen early in your career teaches you how to make decisions on your own and how to adapt to new situations.
- Having a UG degree from another country makes you more marketable to employers everywhere. The likelihood of receiving a stay-back option after completing your education in the nation is very high.
- This is the best approach to increase your language proficiency and learn about the nation and culture. This makes it easier to continue your future in the same country.
- Your ability to be independent and recognize your genuine self is enhanced by undergraduate study abroad.
- The course curriculum at institutions abroad is well-developed, with an emphasis on practical learning rather than academic knowledge.
- Even though studying abroad is expensive, you end up earning more money, which balances your financial condition in the long run.
- Studying abroad helps you build your individuality through mastering skills, such as time and money management, acclimating to new environments, independence, etc.
- Additionally, studying abroad after the 12th gives you the chance to learn about things such as a new language, cuisine, culture, people, and surroundings, which expands your knowledge.
- Studying abroad makes it possible to network internationally through events like networking fairs and international internships.
- The decision of which university a student will attend after the 12th is one of the most critical stages of a learner’s journey abroad.
- After 12th, students should think about going abroad for graduation to have the chance to work and learn with the best minds of the industry.
Did you enjoy reading this blog? If yes, please share your thoughts in the comments below. Click here to reach out to us for more information on studying abroad after 12th.
Liked this blog? Read next: Why study in Norway? | Is it the best study abroad destination?
Q1. Which are the best colleges to study abroad after the 12th for Indian students?
Answer- The best colleges to study abroad after the 12th for Indian students are-
- University of Oxford
- Harvard University
- Yale University
- Australian National University
- The Technical University of Munich
Q2. Which course is highly in demand abroad?
Answer- Engineering courses are in high to study abroad including
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering and Environmental Engineering
Q3. What should be the 12th percentage to go abroad?
Answer- At least 60% of the marks are required in 12th to study abroad.