Table of Contents
About Columbia Southern University
Based in Orange Beach, Alabama, Columbia Southern University (CSU) is an online institute that aims to change and improve lives through higher education. It enables students to maximize their professional and personal potential.
CSU, a subsidiary of Columbia Southern Education Group, offers various online degree programs at the associate, bachelor, master’s, doctorate, and certificate levels. The courses are available in various fields, such as occupational safety and health, fire administration, criminal justice, business administration, human resource management, and health care administration. CSU also offers undergraduate and graduate certificate programs to provide adult learners with focused training in specialized areas.
Columbia Southern University is an institution that aims to provide diverse learning experiences and affordable, flexible distance education programs at the certificate, undergraduate, and graduate levels to its global student body. Its student-centered and qualified faculty will try to deliver courses based on efficient learning techniques.
The university aims to commit itself to offer outstanding academic and student support services.
- Robert G. Mayes, Sr. founded Columbia Southern University in 1993.
- In 1994, its first degree programs in Environmental Engineering and Occupational Safety and Health came into existence.
- By 1996, the university made new degree study programs available for students, including the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Computer Science, Criminal Justice Administration, and Health Administration.
- Mayes led the institution until his death in 2005, when his son, Robert Mayes, Jr., took over.
- Ken Styron later took over as President on May 1, 2018.
CSU offers personalized support services that are responsive and focus on assisting students in reaching their educational objectives. Columbia Southern University’s caring, well-trained faculty and staff design innovative educational programs that combine cutting-edge instructional technology with challenging curricula. CSU focuses on low-cost, high-quality online education with a general education core that encourages lifelong learning and success.
CSU participates in a variety of community and charitable endeavors as a corporate citizen and supports the partnerships it has with numerous businesses, organizations, and institutions.
Columbia Southern University has become the standard for online education for over 25 years. It ensures that students receive quality and relevant instruction by offering degree programs leading to some of the most employable and rewarding careers. The curriculum for its online degree programs addresses the industry’s most recent trends, hot issues, and best practices.
CSU’s faculty ensures that students acquire the necessary skills for success and innovation, and they provide caring, one-on-one teaching support and direct interaction. CSU is a university that highly prioritizes its students.
- Criminal justice
- Emergency medical services
- Fire science
- General studies
- Homeland security
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Military studies
- Environmental management
- Public administration
Columbia Southern University has collaborations with a number of educational institutions to ensure that they accept CSU credits for potential transfer. These articulation agreements make it easier for CSU graduates who want to continue their education. In turn, the collaboration assists graduates from other institutions in transferring credits to CSU’s academic programs.
- 5463 of 14,131 in the World
- 1503 of 2,597 in North America
- 1421 of 2,496 in the United States
- 23 of 33 in Alabama
- Mike Loychik- Ohio State Representative
- Jason Saine- North Carolina State Representative
- Florence Gravellier- French tennis player
- Steve Bashore- Member of the Oklahoma House of Representatives
- Earl Jaques Jr.- Former Delaware State Representative
Complete the admissions application. The application is free of cost.
Submit the transcripts
Students should upload copies of their transcripts to the MyCSU portal or use the Transcript Request Service, and CSU will locate their previous academic and/or military transcripts for them.
The university will contact the students with the results of their academic evaluation report once they submit their transcripts. CSU allows transfer for the maximum number of credit hours for prior academic credits, training, and relevant professional licenses and certifications. CSU also evaluates military training for course credit.
CSU’s helpful admissions staff will be with the students at every step of the way to ensure they successfully enroll in their first CSU class.
- Located in Orange Beach, Alabama, Columbia Southern University (CSU) is an online educational institute that aims to change and improve lives through higher education. It also helps students maximize their professional and personal potential.
- CSU provides personalized support services that are responsive and focus on assisting students in reaching their educational goals. Columbia Southern University has caring, well-trained faculty and staff that designs innovative educational programs that combine cutting-edge instructional technology with challenging curricula.
- For over 25 years, Columbia Southern University has become the standard for online education. It makes sure that students get quality and relevant instruction by providing degree programs that lead to some of the most employable and rewarding careers.
- Columbia Southern University has collaborations with numerous educational institutions to ensure that they accept CSU credits for potential transfer. These articulation agreements help CSU graduates who want to continue their education.
Do you find this blog interesting? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section. You can click here to learn more about international universities and colleges. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Denmark top 5 universities
Q1. Is Columbia Southern University nationally accredited?
Ans- Yes, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) has accredited Columbia Southern University to award associate, baccalaureate, master’s, and doctorate degrees and certificates.
Q2. Do employers accept degrees from Columbia Southern University?
Ans- All government agencies and most large corporations recognize and accept degrees from CSU.
Q3. Is it hard to get admission to CSU?
Ans- The acceptance rate for CSU is 100%, which means the selection process at the university is very easy.