Table of Contents
- About the Rochester Institute of Technology
- Why study at the Rochester Institute of Technology?
- Important rankings
- QS World University Rankings 2023
- QS World Ranking by Subject 2022
- US News & World Report Rankings 2023
- US News & World Report subject rankings 2023
- Animation Career Review, 2022
- Value/Return on Investment
- Sustainability goals
- Employer Recognition rankings
- Key takeaways
About the Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester Institute of Technology, founded in 1829, is a diverse and collaborative community of engaged, socially conscious, and intellectually rigorous minds. It provides talented individuals with academic opportunities, including a leading research program and an internationally recognized education for deaf and hard-of-hearing students. RIT has international campuses in China, Croatia, Dubai, and Kosovo, and its main campus is in Rochester, New York. It has over 19,000 students and over 135,000 graduates from 50 states and over 100 countries. RIT is advancing industries and communities worldwide. Let’s find out more about Rochester Institute of Technology rankings and more.
Why study at the Rochester Institute of Technology?
Take a look at a few reasons that will compel you to study at Rochester-
- They provide rigorous, professionally-focused tutorial programs.
- The university offers co-ops, internships, and experiential learning.
- Rochester provides combined accelerated Bachelor’s/Master’s degree programs.
- They have 300+ student clubs and organizations.
- The university ranks as the 41st most innovative university.
- Rochester has won 15 Pulitzer Prizes.
- They started the first fully online program years before the rest of higher education entered the online arena.
- The university is the first university to offer an undergraduate degree in software engineering.
- RIT is one of the universities listed in Money Magazine’s ‘727 Best Colleges for Your Money.’
- RIT was also named to a list of ‘The 50 Colleges that Add the Most Value’ by Money Magzine.
|Top Schools for Co-op and Internship ProgramsUS News & World Report, 2023||11th|
|Student EngagementWall Street Journal/Times Higher Education||38th|
|“Most Innovative Schools”US News & World Report, 2023||41st|
|“National Universities”US News & World Report, 2023||105th|
QS World University Rankings 2023
|QS World University Rankings||2022||2023|
|Citations per faculty||8.3|
QS World Ranking by Subject 2022
|Art and Design||151-200|
|Computer Science and Information Systems||451-500|
|Physics and Astronomy||451-500|
|Engineering – Electrical and Electronic||501-510|
US News & World Report Rankings 2023
|Global research reputation||743|
|Regional research reputation||205|
|International collaboration – relative to the country||906|
|Number of publications that are among 10% most cited||1116|
|Percentage of total publications that are among 10% most cited||624|
|Normalized citation impact||484|
|Number of highly cited papers that are among the top 1% most cited in their respective field||818|
|Percentage of total publications that are among the top 1% most highly cited papers||174|
US News & World Report subject rankings 2023
|Computer Science (tie)||480|
Undergraduate rankings by US News & World Report 2023
|Game Design/Simulation Development||5th|
|Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs||54th|
|Best Undergraduate Computer Sciences Programs||58th|
|Best Undergraduate Business Programs||73rd|
|“Best Colleges for Veterans”||153rd|
Graduate rankings by US News & World Report 2023
|Best Photography Graduate Programs||6th|
|“Best Online MBA Programs”||9th|
|Best Graduate Fine Arts Programs||23rd|
|Business Analytics Program (2022)||33rd|
|Best Engineering Graduate Schools||69th|
|Best Computer Science Programs||74th|
|Best Physics Graduate Programs||83rd|
|Best Graduate Schools for Business (2022)||90th|
|Best Physician Assistant Programs||108th|
|Best Biological Sciences Programs||119th|
Animation Career Review, 2022
|Top Game Design Schools||5th|
|Top Augmented and Virtual Reality Colleges||8th|
|Top Animation Schools||12th|
Value/Return on Investment
An RIT education provides value and a return on investment by preparing you to thrive in your chosen career.
|Most Trusted University in America(while measuring public trust in the top 135 doctoral research institutions)Morning Consult, 2022||37th|
|“Best Value Schools”US News & World Report, 2023||48th|
|Social MobilityMeasuring how well schools graduate students receiving federal Pell grantsUS News & World Report, 2023||105th|
As part of the environmental commitment, they develop and employ green technology. Their goal is to serve as a model of sustainability for others while also protecting mother nature.
|Among the Top 50 Green CollegesPrinceton Review, 2023||44th|
|Target year for RIT to achieve a carbon-neutral campus||2030|
|LEED Platinum and LEED Gold buildings(RIT requires LEED Silver certification for all new buildings)||6|
Employer Recognition rankings
The faculty and staff at RIT are passionate about what they do and where they do it. They commit to students, their learning and outcomes, and their mission to improve the world.
|Among universities in Forbes list of America’s top 1,000 employersForbes Magazine, 2022||19th|
|“Forbes’ America’s Best Employers by State”Forbes Magazine, 2022||20th|
- In 2022 and 2023, the Rochester Institute of Technology QS World Ranking is 1001-1200.
- Academic reputation, employer reputation, citations per faculty, faculty/student ratio, and international student/international faculty ratio are the indicators used to determine the QS World University Rankings.
- U.S. News ranks Rochester Institute of Technology 639th in the global universities category for 2023.
- Global research reputation, regional research reputation, publications, and books are among the indicators used by US News to determine global university rankings.
- The university makes efforts to fulfill sustainability goals. It ranks 44th among the Top 50 Green Colleges by Princeton Review, 2023.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us by clicking here for more information on the Rochester Institute of Technology rankings. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: University of Guelph | Ranking
Q1. How diverse is the student body at RIT?
Answer- The RIT student body is made up of students from all over the world. There are over 2600 international students from a variety of backgrounds.
Q2. What are some of the technical courses taught at RIT?
Answer- RIT teaches Computer Software and Application, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Film Video and Photographic Art, and other technical courses.
Q3. Is RIT an accredited university?
Answer- The Commission on Higher Education, the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, and the New York State Education Department’s Office of College and University Education all accredit RIT.