Table of Contents
- Career choices with Hotel Management courses
- Understanding hotel management courses
- Importance of Hotel Management courses
- Top Hotel Management courses after class 12
- Top Hotel Management Courses (PG)
- Top international universities for hotel management
- Duration of Hotel Management courses
- Eligibility criteria for Hotel Management courses
- Supporting your child’s decision
- Career prospects in hotel management
- Key takeaways
Career choices with Hotel Management courses
As a parent, guiding your child through the crucial decision-making process regarding their career path after completing 12th grade can be challenging and rewarding. One field that has considerable prominence in recent years is hotel management. In this blog, we will discuss the significance of Hotel Management courses after the 12th grade. We will also examine career prospects and provide valuable insights for parents aiming to support their child’s career choice.
Understanding hotel management courses
Hotel management courses are available in a wide number of subjects, giving students the information and abilities they need to succeed in the hospitality sector. Usually taken after the 12th grade, these courses prepare people for managerial positions in restaurants, hotels, resorts, and other hospitality businesses.
Importance of Hotel Management courses
The hotel management department is responsible for supervising the primary daily operations of the hotel, and it is essential to the success of any guest accommodation business. Here, we will discuss what role hotel management courses play in this process.
- Industry-relevant skills – Hotel management courses focus on developing a comprehensive skill set that is directly applicable to the hospitality sector. From customer service and communication skills to financial management and event planning, students acquire a holistic understanding of the industry.
- Global opportunities– The hospitality industry is inherently global, offering ample opportunities for individuals to work in various locations worldwide. Hotel management courses provide students with the necessary exposure and knowledge to adapt to diverse cultural settings, making it an excellent choice for those with a global mindset.
- Rising demand – With the booming tourism industry and the proliferation of hospitality services, there is an increasing demand for skilled professionals in hotel management. This demand translates into many job opportunities for graduates, making it a lucrative career choice.
Top Hotel Management courses after class 12
Following are the top courses for hotel management to pursue after class 12-
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
- BSc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- BA in Hotel Management
- BBA in Hospitality, travel & tourism
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Bachelor in Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)
- BBA in Hotel Management
Top Hotel Management Courses (PG)
Here are the top hotel management post-graduation courses for students to pursue-
- Master in Tourism and Hotel Management (MTHM)
- MSc Tourism and Hospitality Management
- MBA in Hotel Management
- MBA Hospitality
- MBA in Hospitality Management
- Master of Hotel Management (MHM)
Top international universities for hotel management
Following are the top foreign institutions and schools that provide hotel management courses after the 12th grade-
- Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne (EHL), Switzerland
- Royal Roads University
- Hotel School, The Hague
- International College of Tourism and Management
- University of California, Irvine
- Bond University
- The University of Queensland
- University of West London
Duration of Hotel Management courses
After the 12th grade, the length of hotel management courses varies. While certificate courses may be shorter in duration, bachelor’s degrees typically last three to four years. The duration of a postgraduate course can be one or two years.
Eligibility criteria for Hotel Management courses
The following are the fundamental prerequisites for eligibility and admission to Hotel Management courses-
- The candidate must have earned the minimum grades required by their selected university and finished their senior secondary education (10+2) from an accredited board of education.
- In the event that the candidate wishes to pursue Hotel Management courses after completing their 12th grade, they may need to pass the university’s entrance exam.
- The applicant must submit academic records and an SOP and LOR. You must also submit language proficiency scores from tests such as the IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, and others to pursue a bachelor’s degree in hotel management overseas.
Supporting your child’s decision
Here are a few steps that parents should follow while supporting their child’s decision to pursue Hotel Management courses after 12th-
- Research the industry – As a parent, take the time to research the hospitality industry. Understanding the diverse career paths within hotel management will enable you to guide your child.
- Encourage internships – Encourage your child to pursue internships or part-time jobs in the hospitality sector. Practical experience enhances their skills and helps them validate their interest in the field.
- Connect with professionals – Networking is crucial in any industry. Encourage your child to connect with professionals in the hotel management field. Attend industry events, seminars, and workshops to gain insights and build valuable connections.
- Explore educational institutions – Research reputed educational institutions offering hotel management courses. Consider factors such as accreditation, faculty expertise, and placement records to help your child make an informed decision.
- Financial planning – Hotel management courses often involve a financial commitment. Engage in open discussions about the costs involved, available scholarships, and potential return on investment to ensure a well-planned educational journey.
Career prospects in hotel management
Upon successful completion of hotel management courses, graduates can explore many career options. These include-
- Hotel manager – The daily operations of a hotel are managed by hotel managers, who make sure everything runs well, and guests have an amazing time.
- Event manager – In the hospitality sector, Event management involves organizing conferences, weddings, and other events hosted by hotels or resorts.
- Culinary roles – Graduates can pursue careers as chefs or culinary specialists, contributing to the gastronomic experience of guests.
- Front office executive – These are the executives in charge of reservations, check-ins, and guest services. They oversee these tasks and are crucial to the entire visitor experience.
- Revenue manager – Professionals in this role focus on maximizing revenue for the hotel through strategic pricing and occupancy management.
- Hotel management courses post-12th offer rewarding career pathways in the global hospitality industry, making them a strategic choice for aspiring individuals seeking managerial roles.
- Parents play a crucial role in supporting their child’s decision by researching the industry, encouraging internships, facilitating networking opportunities, and so on.
- Graduates of hotel management courses can pursue various career paths, including roles as hotel managers, event managers, culinary specialists, and front office executives.
Did you like reading this blog? If so, share your thoughts and experiences in the comments section below. For further assistance or to explore more about hotel management courses, click here to contact us.
Liked this blog? Read next: Sound Engineering courses | Top universities abroad
Q1. Is hotel management a difficult course?
Ans- The students’ interest level has a big impact on how hard it is for them to study hotel management. Overall, the course is not challenging. Instead, it is easy for students to pass with good grades and qualify for good grades.
Q2. Can I pursue hotel management courses after the 12th grade with a science or arts background?
Ans- Individuals with a science, arts, or commerce background can pursue hotel management courses after 12th grade. Many programs are designed to accommodate students from diverse educational backgrounds.
Q3. Which specialization is best to pursue in hotel management?
Ans- Principles of travel, hospitality, and tourism, human resource management, and IT for tourism and hospitality are some of the best specializations to pursue in hotel management.