Table of Contents
- MBA abroad
- Why pursue MBA abroad?
- MBA abroad without GMAT
- MBA abroad without work experience
- Key takeaways
Many people aspire to study abroad, and when it comes to business management, studying at one of the world’s top business schools opens up a world of opportunities. An MBA is a professional degree in Business Administration that requires in-depth knowledge of various management specializations. Thousands of students have chosen to pursue an MBA from abroad because of the multicultural environment, dynamic curriculum, and diverse job opportunities. Continue reading to learn how to apply for MBA colleges abroad.
Why pursue MBA abroad?
Here’s why you should pursue MBA abroad
Globally recognized colleges
MBA abroad allows you to pursue education in the top economically developed countries such as the USA, United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, and others.
MBA colleges abroad offer a variety of MBA specializations. Depending on your needs, you can pursue these specializations full-time, part-time, online, or distance learning.
The MBA abroad course curriculum focuses more on business and management’s practical aspects and applications, allowing you to prepare for your MBA career abroad.
The scope of an MBA abroad is vast, allowing you to work with companies worldwide. You can work for Amazon, Google, Intel, or BCG in any country.
Massive funding options
Because the cost of pursuing an MBA from abroad is high, numerous scholarships are available to help.
Exams accepted for an MBA abroad
The Graduate Management Admission Test is a computer adaptive exam accepted by over 2,300 graduate management schools worldwide. It assesses your abilities in Analytical Writing, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, and Verbal Reasoning. A high GMAT score, calculated on a scale of 200-800 with increments of 10, increases the likelihood of admission to the world’s top universities. Remember that one of the most important criteria for doing an MBA abroad is your GMAT score.
The Graduate Record Exam is a standardized exam designed to assess students’ overall academic readiness for graduate school. Some business schools require only the GRE general, while others accept GRE subject test scores. You can give the exam at home or at a testing center. However, ensure to take your GRE a few months before applying to graduate school.
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is a mandatory English language proficiency test. People who want to study, work or migrate abroad appear for this test. On a scale of 0 to 9, IELTS assesses your English Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking abilities. IELTS is one of the essential MBA abroad requirements for students.
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is a standardized test used to assess the English language proficiency of non-native speakers seeking admission to English-speaking universities. TOEFL is accepted by 190+ countries worldwide, making it a vital MBA abroad eligibility requirement.
A good TOEFL score would be greater than 100. Your TOEFL scores are valid for two years. It is one of the most widely accepted MBA entrance exams in international universities.
A bachelor’s degree in business and at least 4-5 years of work experience are necessary for admission. Here’s how to apply for MBA colleges abroad.
Studying MBA abroad is complicated regarding the various criteria you must meet. As a result, to simplify matters, the following are the most common MBA abroad eligibility criteria to follow-
- Academic requirements- Any candidate interested in pursuing an MBA from another country must have a bachelor’s degree in business or a related field of study from a recognized university.
- Work experience- 3 to 5 years of work experience
- Language proficiency- One of the most critical MBA abroad criteria is to be fluent in the language of the country where one wishes to pursue their MBA.
The following are some critical points to remember during the MBA abroad admissions process-
- Documents required- A current resume, a letter of recommendation, official transcripts, a recent photo for ID, a valid national passport, and a visa are all required for MBA admission abroad.
- Essay- Individuals must write about their past experiences, aspirations, strengths, and weaknesses, among other things, for the authorities to better understand their personality.
- MBA abroad exams- Students interested in pursuing an MBA abroad must take the GMAT or Graduate Management Admission Test.
- Admissions exam- Because this exam is necessary for MBA admission to international colleges, the score ranges from 200 to 800 and varies depending on the university chosen.
- Language proficiency test- TOEFL and IELTS are the language proficiency tests that students who want to study MBA abroad must pass. The TOEFL and IELTS have three sections that include listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- University entrance exams- Many universities may hold their entrance exams to assess international students’ abilities. Clearing these exams is critical because they will serve as the entry point to their desired college.
- MBA interview- This is the final hurdle to overcome to gain admission. The interview format may differ depending on the university, but questions are generally based on previous work experiences, future goals, perspectives, and so on.
MBA abroad without GMAT
Some business schools have removed the requirement for a GMAT score. Check the admissions criteria for each of these to see if significant work experience is required or if you need to submit additional documents with your application.
Here are some business schools that do not require a GMAT or GRE score
- Instead of taking the GMAT, students at the Foster School of Business (Washington) can take the ‘Test Optional Summary of Qualifications’ and answer two questions about their analytic and quantitative skills from previous experience. International students pay $56,127 as tuition.
- Similarly, to attract a diverse mix of students, the Eli Broad College of Business accepts applications from candidates who do not have a test score. International students pay $54,616 as tuition.
- Birmingham Business School is an option among European business schools. They will consider your application’s GMAT score and other evidence, but it is not required. Domestic and international students pay £31,500 ($37,948) as tuition.
- In addition, the IESEG School of Management in France waives the requirement that students submit a GMAT or GRE score. For domestic and international students, the MBA program costs €39,000 ($39,628).
MBA abroad without work experience
If you’re concerned that you need more work experience, the following institutions accept applications from candidates with little to no work experience.
- Work experience is not required to apply to the Stanford Graduate School of Business because the school is more interested in candidates’ impact in the workplace.
- Although the average student has five or six years of professional experience before applying to The Wharton School, the MBA program accepts early career candidates with little or no experience who demonstrate solid managerial and professional potential.
- The admissions committee considers an individual’s work experience, not in terms of years but the depth and breadth of their position, contributions to the work environment, and level of responsibility and progression.
- While the London Business School typically attracts candidates with at least five years of work experience. Candidates with less than three years of work experience may get admission if they can demonstrate superior academic credentials and outstanding leadership evidence through professional and personal experiences.
- GMAT, TOEFL, and IELTS scores determine your admission to abroad colleges.
- Schools like The Wharton School and London Business School accept students without or with less work experience.
- The scope of an MBA abroad is vast. It allows you to work with companies worldwide. You can work for Amazon, Google, Intel, or BCG in any country.
Did you find this blog helpful? Please share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us for more information on how to apply for MBA colleges abroad by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: MBA in Canada fees | Everything you need to know about!
Q1. Which country is the best for MBA?
Answer- The United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, and Germany are among the best countries to pursue MBA.
Q2. When should you start applying for MBA abroad?
Answer- You must start shortlisting universities 6-9 months before the MBA 2023 admission cycle begins.
Q3. Which country is the most affordable for MBA abroad?
Answer- Germany is regarded as the most affordable country for top MBA programs. The MBA semester fee is approximately 111 EUR.