Table of Contents
Higher studies are still a dream for many students. Oxford University is one such dream for most of them, but getting into the university seems far-fetched. Even if the university selects you, financial problems still stand firm. Don’t worry! There is Oxford University Scholarship to help you.
Why choose Oxford University?
Oxford is one of the oldest universities in the world. Some speculate it was established in the 11th century. It is still well-maintained after so many centuries. It is situated in the city of Oxford, England. In the 19th century, poet Mathew Arnold named it ‘the dreaming city of spires.’
It has over 44 colleges and one of the biggest library systems in the United Kingdom. 40% of the total students are foreigners at Oxford University. The city’s population mostly comprises students. That’s why it has the youngest population in the country.
Each college on the campus is a self-governing institute. Oxford University has 4 main academic divisions, which are, humanities, mathematical, physical and life science, medical science, and social science. It is best known for its academics in medical science.
Oxford University has a vast network of alumni. They are as follows-
- 120 Olympic medalists
- 26 Nobel prize winners
- 30 Modern world leaders
- 7 Poet laureates
Anybody who wants to pursue higher studies abroad considers Oxford University. To make the university consider you, requires higher grades, a visa, and money. Studies at Oxford University are expensive for certain students. That’s why they have Oxford University Scholarships for Indian students.
Oxford University has provided 5 main scholarships for Indian students. They cover graduation, post-graduation, and doctorate courses. These scholarships are applicable for the following courses at the University.
- M.Sc in Mathematical and Computational Finance
- M.Sc in Law and Finance
- B.A in Geography
- B.A in Philosophy and Modern Languages
- M.Eng in Martial Arts
- B.A in Computer Science
- M.Sc in Advanced Computer Science
- M.Sc in Psychological Research
- B.A in Experimental Psychology
- M.Eng in Engineering Science
- B.M B.Ch Medicine
- M.Sc in Financial Economics
- B.A (Hons) in Economics and Management
- M.Biochem in Biochemistry
Oxford University Scholarships for Indian Students!
Oxford University provides quality education, but it costs more than other universities. A normal Indian student will need financial help to pursue education here. That’s why the university and the government provide scholarships. These are the scholarships you can apply for.
This is a scholarship for students who want to pursue one-year post-graduate courses at the university. It is given to the students who show leadership qualities. It is funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO).
This scholarship program supports over 600 students from across the world. It has full-time and part-time funding. You can apply for the scholarship online from the official website https://www.chevening.org/about/
The application process for this scholarship takes 8 months.
- For this year, the application deadline is from August to November.
- In mid-February, the shortlisted students will be announced.
- You will need to gather references and documents in the same month.
- Then the interview will be scheduled. The results will be announced in June.
Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship plan
This scholarship program is for all students from commonwealth countries. These students have the responsibility to make a significant contribution to their own country when they move back. It is provided for students who want to pursue postgraduate studies.
The eligibility criteria for this scholarship are as follows-
- Minimum of 65% marks in an undergraduate program for courses in engineering and technology
- Minimum 60% marks for courses in humanities and social sciences.
- Should be an English medium student
- Students below the age 40 can apply.
This scholarship covers international economy travel, tuition fees, adequate maintenance, and other allowances. For more information, visit the official website http://mhrd.gov.in/
Oxford Cambridge Society of India
It is a non-governmental alumni organization based in New Delhi, India. This society was established 50 years ago. It covers the tuition cost for graduate, second graduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs.
The eligibility criteria for this program are as follows-
- An Indian citizen with age under 30 can apply
- Must have passed 12th standard exam to apply for undergraduate studies
- Must have done graduation to apply for postgraduate studies
The application process starts in September. For more information, visit the official website http://www.oxbridgeindia.com/scholarship.php
This scholarship program was founded by an anonymous person. It was started in 1991. The aim of this scholarship is to give underprivileged students a chance to pursue higher education from top universities in the United Kingdom. It is mainly provided to students from South Asia and Africa.
The applicants must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university in their country. You can apply for the scholarship from Oxford University’s website. For more information, visit the official website of the scholarship program https://www.felixscholarship.org/how-to-apply.aspx
The Rhodes scholarship
The Rhodes charitable trust conducts this scholarship. It is a fully funded scholarship for postgraduation studies. It is considered the most prestigious scholarship in the world. Getting this scholarship is counted as an achievement.
This scholarship covers the tuition fee and also provides an annual stipend. It also covers two economic class flights for the first year. To apply for the scholarship, visit the official website https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/applications/
Documents for scholarship application
All these scholarships need the same documents for the application. These documents are as follows-
- Must have an admission letter from Oxford University before applying for the scholarship
- Proof of residence
- Photo ID proof
- HSC board mark sheet to apply for an undergraduate degree
- Graduation certificate for postgraduate studies
- The Oxford University Scholarships will be open for applications starting from August.
- You need to put your course details in the scholarship program application form.
- Oxford University is a big institute. Regardless of your financial situation, you can also pursue education here with the help of these scholarships.
That’s all for the Oxford University Scholarships. Hope you found this article helpful. Do write to us and give your valuable feedback. Click here to read more articles like these.
Liked this blog? Read next: Top 10 Scholarships in Spain
Q1. Does Oxford University provide scholarships?
Answer – Oxford University provides scholarships for new undergraduate students only.
Q2. Is it hard to get into Oxford University?
Answer – Oxford University is known to be selective. Its acceptance rate is approximately 17%.
Q3. How can I get more information about scholarships in the United Kingdom?
Answer – Visit the website of the UK Council for International Students Affairs. You will find all the necessary information there.