Table of Contents
- Fanshawe College | Guiding you through every step of the way
- Fanshawe College | A brief overview
- Life at Fanshawe
- Student life
- Health and wellness
- Indigenous acknowledgment
- Pride at Fanshawe
- At Fanshawe College, pride is multifaceted!
- Key takeaways
Fanshawe College | Guiding you through every step of the way
Fanshawe College is a comprehensive educational institution that serves the greater London region by offering flexible learning arrangements and experiential education opportunities that have been developed in response to labor market demands. Fanshawe is one of Ontario’s largest colleges and has four campuses in London, Simcoe, St. Thomas, and Woodstock. It promises to educate, engage, empower, and excite its students.
Every year, Fanshawe provides over 200 degrees, diplomas, certificates, and apprenticeship programs to 43,000 students, assisting them in realizing their full potential and achieving success in fields such as applied arts, business, health care, human services, hospitality, and technology.
Fanshawe also plays an important role in providing re-skilling and skill-upgrading opportunities for mature learners. Through the design and delivery of custom training for federally and provincially sponsored trainees, community organizations, sectoral training councils, and private sector employers in the business, health, industrial, and services sectors, Fanshawe tries to achieve its goal of upskilling.
Fanshawe College | A brief overview
Fanshawe focuses on providing career-focused, high-quality programs via flexible pathways to help students achieve their individual career and life goals. Leading innovative and entrepreneurial collaborations to advance the college’s communities and creating a diverse, supportive, and enjoyable environment in which students can thrive is the prime objective of Fanshawe College.
Fanshawe has 4 campuses as well as campuses at other locations throughout Southwestern Ontario. With approximately 43,000 students and over 200 post-secondary programs and pathways to choose from, students graduate with the confidence and future job skills they need to succeed.
Life at Fanshawe
- The City of London is home to nearly 400,000 people, with approximately 20% of them being immigrants to Canada.
- It is located two hours by car from Toronto and Niagara Falls, with easy access to Michigan and New York state borders.
- Bus and train stations, as well as an international airport, are easily accessible.
- Every year, over 60,000 full-time college and university students attend Fanshawe College and Western University.
Fanshawe has regional campuses in Simcoe, St. Thomas, Woodstock, and the Huron/Bruce region. When students attend a regional campus, they get the best of both worlds- the programs and services of a large college, as well as the familiarity of a close-knit community of support.
- Class sizes are kept small.
- Collaborations between the community and industry
- Parking is free, and student fees are reduced.
- Enjoyable events and activities.
Participating in the student community will enhance the students’ learning and make their time at Fanshawe unforgettable. The Fanshawe Student Union (FSU) makes it simple to participate in activities and events throughout the year. A comprehensive set of campus services assists students in succeeding, whether they require a locker, a doctor, housing, or anything in between.
Health and wellness
Your health and wellness as a Fanshawe student are among the college’s top priorities. If a student wants to improve their physical or mental health, then the college is committed to providing services that help them have the best college experience possible.
- At London Campus, there is a dedicated three-floor fitness facility called the Student Wellness Centre.
- Students can choose from a variety of intramural sports options with Canada’s largest college recreation program.
- Discover student services such as counseling, career, and advising in person, online, or by phone.
Students can experience games on the next level with one of Canada’s best athletic programs.
- 20+ national championships
- 140+ provincial championships
- 200+ student-athletes annually
- Cross Country
- Indoor Soccer
Fanshawe acknowledges and respects, the Anishinaabe, Lotinuhsyun, and Lenape people of southwestern Ontario, the traditional owners, and custodians of the lands and waterways where Fanshawe College is located.
Fanshawe celebrates the continuous living cultures of Canada’s original inhabitants and recognizes the significant contributions Indigenous people have made and continue to make to Canadian society. The college respects and acknowledges its Indigenous students, staff, elders, and visitors from various nations.
Pride at Fanshawe
Fanshawe College welcomes and supports the 2SLGBTQIA+ community. It values the many different sexual and gender identities and expressions that make up its community, and everyone has the right to feel safe and respected on campus, as well as free and equal access to everything Fanshawe has to offer.
The college values the contributions of two-spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, intersex, and asexual or agender (2SLGBTQIA+) students and employees. Fanshawe also helps students and employees who are unsure about their sexual and gender identities. The Fanshawe 2SLGBTQIA+ community values the contributions of allies working to eliminate homophobia, transphobia, and queerphobia in communities.
At Fanshawe College, pride is multifaceted!
The 2SLGBTQIA+ community is wonderfully diverse, and each member has their own set of experiences. Pride would not exist if Black and Latina transgender women had not broken down barriers and paved the way for 2SLGBTQIA+ inclusion and acceptance. Today, Fanshawe honors and recognizes the unique experience of 2SLGBTQIA+ people who identify with more than one equity-deserving identity as it continues to honor those trailblazers.
- Fanshawe is a comprehensive college that offers flexible learning arrangements and experiential education opportunities developed in response to labor market demands.
- Student community participation enhances the student’s learning experience and makes their time at Fanshawe unforgettable. The Fanshawe Student Union makes it easier to participate in activities and events.
- Fanshawe acknowledges and respects the traditional owners of the lands and waterways where the college is located. The Anishinaabe, Lotinuhsyun, and Lenape people of southwestern Ontario are always welcomed at the college.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on Fanshawe college cultures and traditions. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked tis blog? Read next: Pacific University | Rankings, programs, fees, and more
Q1. Is Fanshawe College public or private?
Ans- Fanshawe College is a public college located in Southwestern Ontario, Canada.
Q2. Is IELTS required at Fanshawe College?
Ans- Fanshawe College requires a minimum overall band score of 6 in IELTS, with no band less than 5.5 in academic reading, 5.5 in writing, 5.5 in listening, and 5.5 in speaking tests.
Q3. What is the application fee for Fanshawe College?
Ans- Students have to pay a 100 CAD application fee while submitting their application.