Table of Contents
Your Instagram username is crucial. It’s often the first thing people learn about you and can shape their perceptions about your account. Coming up with something catchy is essential, but you also want it to be interesting, relevant, and discoverable. Keep reading to know more about Instagram username ideas.
Why is your Instagram username necessary?
The answer is straightforward; your Instagram username is vital because Instagram is essential for people to recognize you. Instagram is, without a doubt, the most important social media platform for businesses and brands. Let us elaborate on that statement.
Instagram has one billion monthly active users, with 90% following at least one business or brand. That means at least 900 million Instagram users interact with brands and enterprises monthly, and we haven’t even gotten to Instagram ads yet.
These Instagram users will recognize your posts in their timelines, search for your account, and share your content with friends based on the username associated with your Instagram account. Furthermore, it will be many people’s first impression of your account and brand.
What makes your Instagram username stand out?
Your username must meet the following criteria-
- Relevance- Your username should be easily associated with your brand. In other words, it should be relevant.
- Unique- Your username must be unique because Instagram requires you to do so. It is essential because unique usernames are easier to recall.
- Harmonious- Your username should be consistent with your brand’s image, persona, copy, and content. If your company is known to address pressing issues, you should probably avoid using a funny username.
Instagram username ideas
First and foremost, what is the purpose of your profile? Is it to socialize with friends, or is it to start a small business? The purpose of your Instagram will most likely determine the type of username and ideas you should use. If you only intend to use Instagram to interact with your friends and family, you should choose a username that includes your name. If you own a small business, you’ll want your logo somewhere.
Instagram username ideas for personal profiles
If you’re creating a personal Instagram profile, the best place to start is with your name. That means people can easily find you if they are looking for you. Here are some options-
- Instead of your full name, use any middle initials you may have, such as @mishvgeorge.
- Use special characters such as @mish_george.
- Use old-school email vibes and add a number to the end of your handle, such as @mishgeorge99.
- You can also use any nicknames you may have, such as @mishyqueen.
- Have some fun by swapping letters around, as @georgemish.
Remember that you will always have the option to enter your full name on your profile, so even if you use a nickname or initials, your full name will still be accessible online.
Instagram username ideas for brands
It can be difficult to develop the perfect username for your company. The challenge is to create a fun, engaging, and captivating name while remaining professional.
You want people to be interested in your company, but you don’t want them to think you’re not serious about what you do.
It must be memorable
Your Instagram username is a company asset with actual monetary value. The primary value of your Instagram username is that it allows interested users to search for your company and content on the platform easily. If your username isn’t captivating, you’re undervaluing a valuable asset.
It must be available
Your Instagram username must be publicly accessible on Instagram. It should, however, be available on any other social media platforms you use. At the very least, elements should be coherent across your social media platforms to make it easier for people to find your brand or business.
It must be simple
You need not complicate your username to make it stand out. A simple username can constantly do wonders, but with a dash of creativity.
Here are some ideas that you can use for your brands and business.
- Put your address at the end of the brand name. It allows locals to identify your account (for example, @danceitoutseoul) easily.
- Include elements that are specific to your brand. If your shop is at Hongdae Shopping Street, you could use the handle @HongdaeDanceItOut.
- Include keywords. You can increase your Instagram reach by including search terms related to your business and the industry in which you operate (for example, @dancersinseoul).
- Include terms or concepts that are related. It increases the likelihood that your username will be available while also ensuring that it remains relevant to the products or services you offer (for example, @learntodance).
- You can add prefixes and suffixes to your username. Adding a prefix or suffix to your company name is a fantastic way to get a username close to your exact name, even if someone else has already claimed it (e.g., @daceitoutofficial or @thedancenation).
- Instagram is a platform that is accessible to more than 1 billion people. So making an impact within such a vast crowd needs some creative Instagram username ideas.
- You must know your target audience before you choose a username because your username will attract the audience to your personal or professional page.
- Always try to keep a simple yet creative Instagram username. It will help people to recognize your account more quickly.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, do express your thoughts in the comments below. Click here to contact us for more information on Instagram username ideas. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: 5 best Instagram bio ideas to help you stand out.
Q1. What are the best BTS army Instagram username ideas?
Answer- ‘Awakejin,’ ‘kookie,’ ‘jungkookbts,’ ‘taelicious,’ and ‘uarmyhope’ are some of the best BTS army Instagram usernames.
Q2. What are Instagram username ideas for girls?
Answer- ‘Honeygirl,’ ‘Papasprincess,’ ‘uniquebeauty,’ and ‘fightergirl’ are some of the best Instagram usernames for girls.
Q3. What are cute Instagram usernames ideas?
Answer- ‘alchemyworks,’ ‘alwaysaugst,’ ‘booksandpeonies,’ ‘beauty-fool,’ and ‘cuteatheart’ are some of the cutest Instagram username ideas.