Table of Contents
Every leading nation is fighting for one thing, power. Every world leader wants to have the power to dominate, influence, and drive the world according to their wish. With this ambition, they work towards making their nation the most powerful. Here is the list of the top 10 powerful countries worldwide
Top 10 powerful countries in the world
Powerful nations are those who dominate the world’s economic and political flow. They have the highest GDP and growth rate, the strongest military forces, technological advancements, and strong international alliances. You can see their dominance through the news and current affairs.
This article will go through some interesting facts about these powerful countries. So, let’s get started.
The United States
This North American country has maintained the position of a superpower nation for decades. The United States is the number one most powerful country in the world. Its capital is Washington, DC. The country has the highest GDP of $23 trillion.
The United States is also known as the USA. It has 50 states and a population of 331,893,745. It has a strong social and cultural influence over other countries. Its cultural imprints are spanned across the world due to television shows, movies, music, and art.
- USA’s current flag was a part of a school project. A 17-year-old boy, Robert Heff, designed this flag in 1958.
- Late superior is the largest lake in the world.
- American citizens eat over 3 million pizzas a year.
- The current constitution of America is a molded version of the Iroquois confederacy of native American tribes.
- England declared America independent from its rule on 2nd July 1776, but John Hancock became the first president on 4th July that’s why Americans celebrate the 4th of July as independence day.
The second most powerful country is China. Its capital is Beijing. It has a GDP of $17.7 trillion. It is also the most populous country in the world, with a population of 1.4 billion. China is one of the largest countries on the Asian continent.
China is more than just a superpower. It is one of the oldest civilizations in the world. It has one of the oldest languages. It is known as the People’s Republic of China. The communist party has been ruling the country since 1949. Its economy is growing speedily, making it a worthy competitor with the United States.
- Mandarin is not the only language in China. It has more than 300 dialects.
- If we put the railway lines in China in one line, they can loop around the earth two times.
- The Chinese new year’s celebration lasts for 15 days.
- It has the highest number of UNESCO world heritage sites.
- China discovered ice cream over 4000 years ago.
It is one of the largest countries in the world. Russia covers the whole of northern Asia and most of the eastern part of Europe. It shares sea borders with Japan and the United States.
Russia was a part of the Soviet Union formed in 1922. In 1991, this union collapsed, and Russia became independent. Russian citizens directly elect their president.
- Russia has a surface area of 17.13 million square kilometers.
- It switched calendars from the Julian calendar to Gregorian in 1918.
- One-fifth of the world’s trees are in Russia.
- Russia has over 270 languages and dialects.
- It has the longest railway, which is 9,288 kilometers long.
The third most powerful country in the world is Germany. Its capital is Berlin. It has a GDP of $4.22 trillion. The country is the most populous country in Europe. Its population is over 83 million. It locates in the central part of the European continent.
Germany shares borders with 9 countries. It has landscapes with northern plains, Baltic seas, bavarian alps, etc. The German language is one of the oldest languages in the world. It has a parliamentary democracy. It is one of the most desirable countries to work in. That’s why it possesses the highest number of skilled workers.
- In Germany, people eat over 300 types of bread and have 1500 types of beer.
- The German language has 35 different dialects.
- One-third of the land in Germany is covered with forests and woodlands.
- Almost 65% of the highways in this country have no speed limit.
This royal country holds a great impact on the European Union. The United Kingdom or the UK includes the island of Great Britain. This island contains England, Scotland, and Whales. Its capital is London.
The United Kingdom has a GDP of $3.19 trillion. The royal family of England rules this country. It has a great impact on international economic, political, scientific, and cultural happenings.
- British people love their tea. It is estimated that people drink over 165 million cups of tea daily.
- London has more than 8 million citizens who speak different languages.
- British citizens have voted for chicken tikka as their national dish.
- J.K. Rowling was the first writer to become a billionaire writer.
The country driving the whole world crazy with its music and television shows is also one of the most powerful countries. South Korea is officially called the Republic of Korea. It is located in the eastern part of the Asian continent. It occupies the southern part of the Korean Peninsula.
South Korea also has the strongest economy. Its GDP is $1.80 trillion. The country has democracy. It gained independence from Japan in 1945.
- A newborn baby is considered one year old.
- Koreans drink 12.3 liters of alchohol in a year.
- The demilitarized zone that divides North and South Korea has rich wildlife.
- In South Korea, 4 is an unlucky number. That’s why you won’t find the number 4 in elevators.
The most fashionable country in the world is also the most powerful country. France is located in western Europe. It is also one of the oldest countries in the world. It has a strong influence on the world’s cultural and social advancements.
Paris is the capital of France. It has a GDP of $2.94 trillion. It is the top exporter of defense mechanisms in the world. The World Bank has declared France as a wealthy and high-income country.
- Tourism is the main income in France as it is the most visited country in the world.
- France is home to the largest museums.
- The country produces over 1500 different types of cheese.
- The French army invented camouflage during World War 1 in 1915.
The country of the rising sun truly proved its power over the world on several occasions. Japan is the world’s most literate country and the most technologically advanced. It is made of four islands. The country is located in the eastern part of Asia.
Japan has a GDP of $4.94 trillion. It is one of the strongest economies in the world. It has the best education system. It also has the longest-living humans. The country effectively blends with the modern lifestyle and ancient traditions.
- Japan is made up of over 6,800 islands.
- Japanese anime account for over 60% of the world’s animation-based entertainment.
- It has more pets than children.
- People use over 24 billion pairs of chopsticks every year.
United Arab Emirates
The United Arab Emirates, or UAE, is a federation of seven emirates. It is located in the middle east. It is at the eastern end of the Arabian peninsula. It shares borders with Oman and Saudi Arabia.
Abu Dhabi is the capital of this country. It has a GDP of $359 billion. It is a top exporter of oil. Before the discovery of oil, its economy was based on fishing and the pearl industry.
- 80% of this country’s residents are immigrants, including over 200 nationalities.
- The United Arab Emirates has no rivers.
- The world’s tallest hotels are in UAE.
- It has 10 airports for commercial services.
It can be called one of the most conflicted countries in the world. Despite all the issues, Israel is also one of the most powerful countries. It is the only Jewish nation in the world. It’s located in the middle east.
Jerusalem is the capital of Israel. It has a GDP of $482 billion. It gained independence in 1948. Since then, it has been in constant war with its Arab neighbors.
- The postal service in Israel has a special department for letters to God.
- It has revived Hebrew and made it their national language.
- It snows in the Negev desert occasionally.
- Israel has 137 beaches.
- The world’s most powerful countries influence the world’s social, cultural, and economic trends.
- The G8 forum has all powerful countries except the United Arab Emirates.
- There’s a tight competition between the United States and China for the title of the most powerful country.
We hope you find this article helpful. Write to us your comments. Click here to read more such articles.
Liked this blog? Read next: UK vs US education | Which country is the right fit for you
Q1. Which country is expected to be the most powerful in the year 2050?
Answer: It is predicted that China will lead the world in 2050, followed by India and Indonesia.
Q2. Which country has the number one army?
Answer: The United States has the number one army in the world.
Q3. Which country has won the most wars?
Answer: France has won 1,115 wars which is the most in the world.