Table of Contents
- Top 7 highest-paying jobs in Singapore
- Key takeaways
Singapore is a prominent business center in Asia, attracting millions of dollars in investments and enterprises from across the world. This island nation additionally offers multiple job opportunities for those seeking careers overseas.
The Ministry of Trade and Industry announced that Singapore’s economy grew by an astonishing 7.2% in 2021. This was a sharp rebound from the 5.4% contraction in the previous year. The boost in the economy has created several high-paying job opportunities for aspirants with the right skills and qualifications.
Learning about the top 7 highest paying jobs in Singapore can give you a much-needed head start in your job hunt. So, keep reading to find out more!
Top 7 highest-paying jobs in Singapore
Some of the sectors in Singapore that boast job opportunities with high salary packages include-
- International Business
- Information Technology
Some of the job opportunities in Singapore aspirants can look for include-
1. Managing Director – Banking & Finance
- Singapore is a flourishing banking & finance center, having a significant international reputation.
- Aspirants with the right qualifications and experience are eligible for one of the most respected profiles in the industry as a managing director.
- Managing directors are placed in client-facing roles and face enormous pressure to generate revenue and acquire new clientele.
- This profession requires excellent public speaking and communication skills, in addition to strong financial literacy and analytical abilities.
Annual Salary – USD 500,000
2. IT Cyber Security Specialist
- The Information Technology sector offers some of the highest paying jobs in Singapore. This is an ideal sector for graduates seeking employment in the country.
- Thousands of companies in Singapore are in the process of adapting to a digital future. Therefore, we can witness a rise in the demand for professionals, such as IT cyber security specialists. This profile is among the most financially recognized in the industry.
- Cyber security specialists are primarily responsible for ensuring that computer systems and networks are up-to-date and not vulnerable to viruses or software bugs.
- These professionals are also responsible for being up-to-date on the latest developments in the industry.
Annual Salary – USD 350,000
3. Regulatory Affairs Director – Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Singapore’s healthcare & life sciences sector is one of the fastest-growing sectors in the island nation.
- With multiple healthcare companies across the globe making Singapore their headquarters, there is a demand for professionals with the right skills.
- The profile of a Regulatory Affairs Director is among the most financially-rewarding jobs in Singapore in the healthcare industry.
- Candidates seeking similar opportunities need to be proficient in understanding and executing legal and scientific documents.
- These professionals are also tasked with ensuring that company and government regulations are consistently met.
Annual Salary – USD 320,000
- Human Resources was initially viewed as an administrative support department. However, it is now an essential component of businesses and a significant contributor to revenue generation.
- The profile of Human Resource Director is one of the highest-paid positions in Singapore, with candidates equipped with excellent problem-solving skills eligible for the role.
- These professionals identify the problems that exist in an organization, develop methods to sustain employee engagement, retain talent, and plan for the future needs of the workforce.
Annual Salary – USD 310,000
5. General Counsel – Law
- In 2021, the Ministry of Law in Singapore launched several initiatives to promote development and technological innovation in Singapore’s legal industry. This led to the development of incredible jobs in Singapore with significant packages.
- Public corporations typically employ general Counsels to function as business advisors to the CEOs of registered organizations.
- Candidates with the right legal knowledge, qualifications, and experience are often shortlisted for this profile. These professionals help streamline the various processes in an organization by leveraging different legal technologies.
Annual Salary – USD 310,000
6. Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – Accounting
- The Global Financial Centres Index has ranked Singapore in the 6th spot on the list of ‘Top 10 Global Financial Centres.’
- The profile of a Chief Financial Officer is one of the highest-paid roles in the competitive and vibrant finance industry.
- A chief financial officer is responsible for tracking the cash flow within an organization. Besides, they also plan a company’s financial strengths and weaknesses.
- A CFO is accountable to the organization and several regulatory authorities, including the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Annual Salary – USD 250,000
7. Digital Marketing Director
- Singapore has been recognized as one of the countries with the highest internet penetration rate in Asia. As a result, the digital marketing industry is flourishing in this island nation.
- Therefore, the profile of a digital marketing director is one of the most financially rewarding and lucrative jobs in Singapore and the industry.
- Candidates with critical thinking skills and a clear understanding of technological influences on a target audience are eligible for this profile.
Annual Salary – USD 250,000
- Singapore is an excellent country to consider for employment opportunities. With the economy growing at a steady rate, there are several industries that aspirants across the world can make careers in.
- Knowing the highest-paid profiles in Singapore’s economy can help professionals streamline their job-hunting process and find a position most suited to their requirements.
- Some industries with significant opportunities and excellent financial remuneration include banking, finance, and healthcare. We recommend you grow with the field and develop your expertise to increase your earning potential.
We hope you got an insight into some of the highest-paying jobs in Singapore. If you have any questions/suggestions, reach out to us or drop a comment below.
Liked this blog? Read next: Jobs for MBA Freshers | 8 Amazing career paths to choose from!
Q1. How much can you earn at an entry-level position in the digital marketing industry in Singapore?
Answer – Aspirants at entry-level positions earn an average salary of USD 30,000 per year, depending on their skills and qualifications.
Q2. Which is the highest-paying job in the sales industry in Singapore?
Answer – The highest-paying job in the sales industry in Singapore is the role of Managing Director, with an annual salary of USD 350,000.
Q3. What is the annual starting salary of a General Counsel in Singapore?
Answer – The annual starting salary of a General Counsel in Singapore is around SGD 230,000, depending on the level of expertise.