Table of Contents
An overview of Kent University
Founded in 1910, Kent State University is a public research university located in Kent, Ohio. People know Kent State for its history.” for its strong programs in business, education, and the arts, as well as its research in the areas of health and the environment. The campus spans over 1,200 acres and includes modern facilities such as the Kent Student Center, the School of Art Gallery, and the Liquid Crystal Institute. Students can also take advantage of numerous extracurricular activities, including more than 400 student organizations and NCAA Division I athletics.
Kent State University | A brief overview
The university boasts a diverse student body of over 27,000 undergraduate and graduate students from all 50 states and over 100 countries.
Academically, Kent State offers more than 300 undergraduate and graduate programs across eight colleges, including the College of Business Administration, the College of Education, Health, and Human Services, and the College of Arts and Sciences. The university is also home to several research centers and institutes, including the Center for Applied Conflict Management, the Institute for Applied Linguistics, and the Center for the Study of Popular Culture.
In addition to its strong academic programs, Kent State also boasts several extracurricular activities and organizations for students to get involved in. These include Greek life, student government, and over 300 student organizations, including clubs and sports teams.
The university is also dedicated to giving back to the community and has several programs and initiatives in place to support local organizations and causes. For example, the Kent State Student Volunteer Corps connects students with volunteer opportunities in the community, and the university also hosts several events and fundraisers throughout the year to benefit local charities.
The university has eight campuses spread across the state of Ohio, with the main campus located in Kent.
The Kent Campus is a beautiful, park-like setting that features a mix of modern and traditional architecture. It is home to several academic buildings, residence halls, recreational facilities, and dining options. The campus also has several green spaces, including the Esplanade, which is a popular spot for students to relax and enjoy the outdoors.
The University also has a campus in Ashtabula, Ohio, which is located about an hour east of Cleveland. This campus offers associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs in various fields, including business, education, and nursing. The Ashtabula campus is home to over 1,600 students and has a variety of student services and resources available, including a library, tutoring center, and career services.
Another campus is located in East Liverpool, Ohio, which is situated along the Ohio River in the eastern part of the state. This campus offers associate degree programs in various fields, including healthcare, business, and education. The East Liverpool campus is home to over 800 students and has a variety of student services and resources available, including a library, tutoring center, and career services.
In addition to these three main campuses, Kent has five regional campuses throughout the state. The Salem Campus is located in the eastern part of the state and offers associate degree programs in various fields, including business, education, and healthcare. The Stark Campus is located in Canton, Ohio, and offers associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs in various fields, including business, education, and nursing. The Trumbull Campus is located in Warren, Ohio, and offers associate degree programs in various fields, including business, education, and healthcare. The Tuscarawas Campus is located in New Philadelphia, Ohio, and offers associate degree programs in various fields, including business, education, and healthcare. The Geauga Campus is located in Burton, Ohio, and offers associate degree programs in various fields,
- One of the university’s popular undergraduate programs is the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), which provides students with a strong foundation in business principles and practices. The BBA program includes courses in accounting, finance, marketing, and management, as well as hands-on experiences through internships and capstone projects.
- Another popular degree program at Kent State is the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). This program prepares students to become registered nurses, with courses covering topics such as health assessment, pharmacology, and patient care. The BSN program also includes clinical experiences in a variety of healthcare settings.
- The university also offers several graduate programs, including the Master of Business Administration (MBA). This program is designed for professionals who want to advance their careers in business and includes courses in leadership, strategy, and finance. The MBA program also offers concentrations in areas such as healthcare management and marketing.
- For students interested in ‘“education”’, Kent State offers a Master of Education (MEd) program with a variety of concentrations, including early childhood education, special education, and educational leadership. The MEd program includes coursework and field experiences to prepare students for leadership roles in the education field.
- In the field of engineering, Kent State offers a Master of Science in Engineering (MSE) program, with concentrations in areas such as civil engineering, computer science, and electrical engineering. The MSE program includes coursework and research opportunities and prepares students for advanced careers in engineering.
- The university also offers several health sciences programs, including the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program. This program prepares students to become physical therapists, with courses covering topics such as anatomy, physiology, and patient care. The DPT program also includes clinical experiences in a variety of healthcare settings.
- In addition to these degree programs, Kent State also offers several non-degree programs, including certificate programs and professional development courses.
- QS World University Rankings: Global rank: 857
- Times Higher Education World University Rankings: Global rank: 601-800
- U.S. News & World Report Best Global Universities Rankings: Global rank 913
- Lebron James – Former NBA player for the Cleveland Cavaliers
- Jamie Dimon – CEO of JPMorgan Chase
- Christine Todd Whitman – former Governor of New Jersey
- Robert Portman – United States Senator from Ohio
- Kent University is consistently ranked as one of the top public universities in Ohio. In 2021, it was named the #1 public university in the state by U.S. News and World Report.
- Kent University offers over 300 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, including a wide range of highly-ranked programs in business, engineering, and the arts.
- The university is known for its strong focus on research and innovation, with numerous research centers and institutes dedicated to fields such as sustainability, health sciences, and social justice.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, please share your thoughts in the comments section below. Click here to contact us for more information on Kent University. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Like this blog? Read next: Everything you need to know about the University of Kentucky
Q1. Is Kent University good for international students?
Ans: Kent State University in Ohio is a good choice for international students because it offers a variety of academic programs, support services, and cultural events to help students succeed and adjust to life in the United States.
Q2. Is IELTS/TOEFL required for Kent University, Ohio?
Ans: TOEFL scores are required for applicants whose native language is not English.
Q3. What is the acceptance rate for Kent University?
Ans: The acceptance rate for the university is around 87%