Table of Contents
- About London Metropolitan University
- Why attend London Met to study?
- London Metropolitan University ranking
- Student life
- Key Takeaways
About London Metropolitan University
A world-class scientific center, a mock courtroom, state-of-the-art studios, and a newsroom up to industry standards are just a few of the outstanding educational resources available at London Metropolitan University. The University’s innovative business incubator offers priceless assistance to students who want to launch their own companies. You’ll never run out of things to do with the variety of sports groups, service activities, and more than 50 student societies available to join. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, you can always start your club with some of your friends.
London Metropolitan University, founded in 2002, is a member of the International Association of Aviation Personnel Schools, Universities UK, the Association of Commonwealth Universities, and the European University Association. The University of North London and London Guildhall University merged to form the university.
It built a science center in 2006. Previously, the university was known as London Guildhall University. It was granted university status in 1992. As the number of students enrolled grew over time, the university decided to broaden its scope.
Why attend London Met to study?
Since students are frequently unsure of the direction they want their careers to take, most students find college as an unexpected setting. The London Metropolitan University is aware of what students are considering and may provide advice on setting goals and making career plans. They also create programs to help you find full-time, part-time, and volunteer work, and help you build your abilities to meet those demands.
Let us take you through some top reasons to attend this university-
Program for international excellence scholarships
The university offers abundant financial aid to international students.
Every undergraduate program includes work-related learning for the students.
Fantastic rate of employment
Within six months of passing out, 96.7% of London Met graduates find employment or begin further education.
London Metropolitan University offers programs for work-based learning that aid students in getting the right exposure and raising their chances of being hired.
The best student city in the world.
London ranks as the best foreign study destination due to its opportunities and cultural scene (QS, 2019)
London Metropolitan University ranking
- The London Metropolitan University is ranked 119 in The Complete University Guide 2022 and 801-1000 in the QS World University Rankings.
- The Complete University Guide ranks the university 53rd for art and design and 79th for accounting and finance in the UK. It makes the university the best option for students to complete their studies.
The campus is home to six schools-
- School of Business & Law
- School of Human Sciences
- School of Computing & Digital Media
- School of Social Professions
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Art, Architecture, & Design
The university organizes all of its festivals, competitions, events, quizzes, and seminars on campus. Many cafes and restaurants are nearby the campuses. The campus is close to general stores, medical shops, and stationery stores. The institution has easy access to public transportation. On campus, students enjoy a peaceful learning environment.
The London Metropolitan University provides resident halls and other on-campus housing. They privately own these facilities, and the university offers resources to interested students. As a result, students looking for admission can get in touch with the hall supplier. These housing choices are secure, safe, and convenient for the students. On-campus housing is always a good choice. That’s because it enables students to actively participate in all university events.
Every year, the admission cycles start in September and January. Consider the below steps in the admissions process at London Metropolitan University-
- Choosing a course.
- Verifying entrance requirements.
- Using UCAS or going straight to the institution to apply.
- Awaiting the offer letter and answering it when it arrives.
The following are some of London Metropolitan University’s admission requirements-
- Class XII students aiming for undergraduate study need 60-65%.
- A three-year bachelor’s degree with 60% is necessary for postgraduate aspirants.
- IELTS/PTE results are required.
- If applicable to the course, a math grade of at least 70% is a must.
The admittance rate at London Metropolitan University is 84%. The college offers foundation year, undergraduate, and postgraduate degrees. Numerous top-up degrees and quick courses for skill development are available. Business and management studies, art, design, architecture, accounting, and marketing are a few of the most popular options. Each semester, students are required to complete four modules, or around 30 ECTS (12 US credits).
Students can easily get career/professional apprenticeships while pursuing their degrees. The university collaborates with employers to offer internships, long-term placements, short-term placements, numerous project opportunities, and volunteer activities.
Along with work-based learning, virtual internships, job ads, and virtual fairs, there are several seminars and other recruitment campaigns. Students can access career mentoring programs, skill development programs, and webinars. A wonderful choice for people looking to launch their tech-driven company is an ‘Accelerator.’
The mentoring program helps students with their CVs, interviews, and other preparation tasks while also connecting them with businesses. Additionally, the university offers a range of services to employers to promote linkages with the sector. The WBL (Work-Based Learning) program, student recruitment services, online fairs, employer events, webinars, and other things are some of the offerings.
The following names are on the list of distinguished alumni-
- Daniela Sofia Korn Ruah- Actress and director.
- Sadiq Khan- Politician and the mayor of London.
- Julie Bindel- Writer and campaigner
- Che Wolton Grant (AJ Tracey)- Singer-songwriter and rapper
- Houda Ezra Ebrahim Nonoo- Former Bahraini ambassador to the United States
- In the heart of London, the university provides an international study experience. They are one of the most diverse universities in the UK, with many international students.
- They take students on industrial visits to gain practical experience and knowledge.
- Many cafes and restaurants are nearby the university’s campus. The campus is close to general stores, medical shops, and stationery stores.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us for more information on London Metropolitan University by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: Your easy guide to the University of Georgia
Q1. How diverse is London Metropolitan University?
Answer- London Met is one of the most diverse universities in the city. It has over 60% of students who are Black, Asian, or Minority Ethnic, and all students represent 142 different nationalities.
Q2. Which are the recruiting companies at London Metropolitan University?
Answer- Thomson Reuters, Grant Thornton, Zara, the BBC, and other companies recruit at London Metropolitan University.
Q3. How many intakes does London Metropolitan University have?
Answer- There are just two intakes that the London Met accepts applications for. Intakes are typically exclusively referred to in the UK by the month’s name. Only September and January offer the option to enroll.