Table of Contents
About Lancaster University
Lancaster University Management School is a renowned business school in the English city of Lancaster, founded in 1964. The school has affiliations with four international business school accreditations, including the Association of MBAs, AACSB, EQUIS, and Small Business Charter. Lancaster University Management School programs are diverse and well-taught. Continue reading to learn more about the prominent university.
Why study at Lancaster University?
Here’s why you should consider attending Lancaster University-
- Lancaster Management School invests in students by providing them with world-class teaching, national and international opportunities, and several support services to help them achieve their goals.
- Lancaster University Management School scholarships include the Lancaster Global Scholarship for international students to cover their international fees and the Lancaster Scholarship for domestic students to cover their undergraduate course expenses. The Lancaster Sanctuary Scholarship is for refugees and students needing resources and assistance to integrate into society, and so on.
- Lancaster University Management School organizes the Global Summer School to assist students in connecting students from all over the world. They offer experiences and global competencies through field trips, social activities, small group events, and systematic lectures.
- Colleges are an essential part of the Lancaster University experience. It’s where you live, but it’s also a place to socialize and a support network. One cannot overstate the impact of their colleges.
Lancaster University rankings
Here are the rankings for Lancaster University
- 12th in the UK- Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023
- 14th in the UK- Guardian University Guide 2023
- 122nd in the world- Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022
- 146th in the world- QS World University Rankings 2023
Following are the programs and courses offered by the university-
- The university offers over 300 undergraduate programs and 200 graduate programs.
- The university has four main faculties- arts and social sciences, health and medicine, management school, science and technology, and several departments.
- Lancaster University offers two MBA programs- an Executive MBA (part-time 24 months) and a Professional MBA (12 months), both of which are available in three locations. They are Lancaster, Ghana, and Malaysia.
- Postgraduate research training is available in the arts and sciences, health and medicine, and science and technology. Business and management, a doctoral statistics center, and library training at the university are also available.
- The International Foundation Year program, which prepares and provides international students with a pathway to degree study at Lancaster University, is also available.
Undergraduate and graduate programs
Some of the undergraduate and graduate programs at the university are as follows-
- Accounting and Finance BSc Hons N400
- Accounting and Finance (Industry) BSc Hons N401
- Accounting and Management BSc Hons NN24
- Biochemistry BSc Hons C700
- Biochemistry MSci Hons C706
- Chemical Engineering (Study Abroad) BEng Hons H812
- Chemistry BSc Hons F100
- English Language and Creative Writing BA Hons Q3WV
- Art Ph.D.
- Arts Management MA
- Biological Science Ph.D.
- Food Challenges for the 21st Century (Distance Learning) PgCert
- Food Security (Distance Learning) MSc
- Chemistry MSc by Research
- Chemistry Ph.D.
- Economics MSc
- Economics Ph.D.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation MSc
- Clinical Psychology DClinPsy
- Dementia Studies Ph.D.
Here’s how you can apply to the university
- Students applying for undergraduate programs must complete the UCAS application form.
- Students must enter their personal information and any other information requested on the portal.
- Graduate students can apply directly through the university’s website.
- Applicants must submit their GMAT and GRE test scores. Applicants who apply through the portal using GRE scores are considered case-by-case.
- Candidates applying for the MBA program must submit an admission essay instead of GMAT and GRE test scores.
- Candidates must submit supporting or academic credentials along with their application form.
- For admission to some courses, candidates must go through an interview process.
- Use the UCAS application portal for undergraduate admission.
- For postgraduate admissions, use the online application portal.
Submit the below documents for admission to the university
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Statement of purpose
- Reference letters from reputable sources
- Monetary statement
- A GMAT or GRE test score, as well as English proficiency scores such as TOEFL, CAE, or PTE
- Passport photocopy
- Essay for admission (wherever applicable)
- Lancaster University’s campus is on the Bailrigg campus, a beautiful 560-acre parkland site just three miles from Lancaster city center.
- The university’s Peter Scott Gallery houses the university’s international art collection, which includes antiquities, Japanese and Chinese artworks by twentieth-century British artists, and so on.
- Another university location known as Forest Hills is used as a conference venue.
- The university sports facility has a 25-meter swimming pool with eight lanes and a ‘floating floor.’
- The campus features 1,300 technology-enabled workspaces organized around a central atrium filled with natural light.
- Lancaster University’s educational services serve almost 3000 international students.
- There are over 175 student unions available to students at the university.
- Students at Lancaster University participate in 35 sports clubs.
- There are eight tennis courts, six football pitches, five netball courts, a trim trail, three rugby pitches, two floodlit synthetic grass pitches, a crown bowling green, and a woodland walk on the campus.
Here’s what student life at Lancaster University looks like-
- Lancaster University Management School is one of the university’s four faculties, located south of the city. The campus’s facilities, buildings, and amenities are to the south.
- Lancaster University Management School regularly hosts events and seminars for students as recreational activities such as lectures and debates on various topics, yoga sessions, meditation classes, taiji sessions, etc.
- Students eat at various restaurants and cafes on campus, such as Greggs, Juicafe, Subway, and the university’s bars and restaurants.
- The student union organizes events, functions, and enjoyable challenges for students.
- Lancaster University is a top-ranked UK university with a global reputation for research and teaching excellence.
- Lancaster University assists international students at every stage of their studies, from application to graduation and for the rest of their lives.
- Lancaster University ranks 146th in the world according to QS World University Rankings 2023
Did you find this blog helpful? Please share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us for more information on Lancaster University by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: University of Florida – Rankings, programs, fees
Q1. What is Lancaster University’s acceptance rate?
Answer- Lancaster University’s acceptance rate is 18.9%.
Q2. Is Lancaster, UK, a good place to live?
Answer- Lancaster has been named one of the happiest places to live and work in the United Kingdom, so it’s safe to say that life is good in the city. If you’re considering moving to Lancaster, there’s plenty to see and do, from restaurants and shops to historic buildings and landmarks.
Q3. Which are the top-ranked subjects at Lancaster University?
Answer- Arts and Humanities, Chemistry, Clinical Medicine, Computer Science, Economics, Business, Electrical Engineering, Environment/Ecology, Physics, Geosciences, Plant And Animal Science, Social Science, and Public Health are the top-ranked subjects at the university, according to US News.