Table of Contents
About Humboldt University of Berlin
Humboldt University of Berlin (HU Berlin) is a public research university in Berlin, Germany, founded in 1810. It was known as Friedrich Wilhelm University. During the Cold War, the university was located in east Berlin and was effectively divided when the other University of Berlin opened in West Berlin. The university’s current name honors Alexander and William von Humboldt. Keep reading to learn more about the university.
Why study at the Humboldt University of Berlin?
Here’s why you should study at the Humboldt University of Berlin
- HU Berlin offers diverse subjects and courses.
- The Humboldt University Berlin fees will be affordable for you.
- It is one of the top scientific locations because it is one of the oldest universities in Berlin.
- HU Berlin is in the historic city center and benefits from its unique location.
- At Humboldt University Berlin, we can expect outstanding collaborative work.
- In terms of research, it is one of Germany’s top ten universities. Naturally, everything you learn there will be on the basis of research.
- The university ensures that education is scientifically delivered and supplemented with career-oriented training.
- The world rankings of Humboldt University Berlin are commendable.
Humboldt University of Berlin ranking
Here is the ranking for the university-
- 128 in World University Ranking- QS 2022
- 74 in University Ranking- THE (Times Higher Education) 2022
- 78 in Global Universities- US News & World Report 2022
The following are the steps for submitting an online application to Humboldt University Berlin-
- Register on the website of the external application.
- You will receive an email with your confirmation link and login information.
- Log in to the university’s application system.
- Send your information to the application system.
- Select the courses you want to take at Humboldt University Berlin.
- Make sure to include your German language test or Erasmus results.
- Before applying, double-check all of your information.
- You will receive an email confirming your application.
You must submit the following documents-
- Transcripts and all relevant academic records
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae (from the beginning of your education life at school)
- Uni-assist generates a fee receipt.
- Test results for English language proficiency as evidence
- Identification with a photograph
- Passport and visa copies
- A copy of your health insurance
- Application form duly filled out and submitted
- A copy of the offer letter
- Self-evaluation form (only for PG admissions)
Exams accepted at the university
|GRE||Required (course dependent)|
|GMAT||Required (course dependent)|
|GPA||3.2 or above required|
|IB||33 or above|
|Percentage||80 or above|
English proficiency test
|IELTS||6.0 or above|
|DSD II||C1 level at least|
|TOEFL iBT||84 or above|
Humboldt University Berlin has furnished apartments in the Studentendorf Adlershof neighborhood. Ph.D. candidates, researchers, and students can apply for housing at HU Berlin’s international department. Electricity, internet, weekly cleaning, towels, bed linen, a gym, club rooms, a nursery, and a learning lounge, among other amenities, are typically priced around EUR 450. Students can also find private apartments in Berlin’s various student halls. Studentenwerk manages these vacancies. You can find multiple offers on their website.
You have many things to explore at the university. Take a look at what the university has to offer.
Campus life at Humboldt University Berlin begins with meeting other students, joining the various student councils within the numerous faculties, and mentoring programs to participate. You also have clubs and community projects, cultural activities, language exchange services, food and dining options, sports and games, entertainment and recreation, and more.
At the Humboldt University of Berlin, students are never bored. The university itself is jam-packed with activities. Then there’s Berlin, which doesn’t need any introduction. Museums and historical sites, cultural events, cinemas, restaurants, and theatres, among other things, make student life exciting and engaging.
The Sports Center at Humboldt University Berlin offers a variety of sports-related activities. Whether you want to learn a new sport or improve your performance in a sport you enjoy, there is a sporting activity for you.
The services offered at the university are as follows-
- Humboldt University Berlin provides various services to its students.
- The library has over 4.2 million books and journals and can simultaneously support over 29,000 internet accounts.
- Counseling and support services are available to any student who needs assistance with academic, psychological, or other issues.
- Some support and safety networks cover a wide range of topics. If a student is enrolled in the UCEAP program, they can expect an extensive network of people to assist them in any way they can. Humboldt University Berlin is registered in the UCEAP program.
- The UCEAP also assists students in locating local health care and medical assistance.
Humboldt University Berlin, as an Universitas Litterarum, offers almost all major academic disciplines in the humanities, cultural studies, natural sciences, mathematics, social sciences, agricultural sciences, and medicine. Humboldt is a fantastic research university that has produced outstanding results in various fields on national and international levels. Humboldt University Berlin’s research service center offers all the professional assistance university researchers require.
The following domains are primarily covered by Humboldt University Berlin’s research activity-
- Business administration
- Germanistik linguistics
- Philosophy and many more
- The Humboldt University of Berlin provides affordable education to students.
- The university ranks 128 in World University Ranking QS 2022.
- The university provides accommodation, a great campus, and student life.
- You must clear the English proficiency tests such as IELTS, DSD II, or TOEFL iBT for admission to the university.
Did you find this blog helpful? Please share your views and perspectives in the comments below. Please contact us for more information on the Humboldt University of Berlin by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: University of Saskatchewan | Rankings, programs, and more!
Q1. What is Humboldt University of Berlin’s acceptance rate?
Answer- The Humboldt University of Berlin’s acceptance rate is 18%.
Q2. How much money do you need to live in Berlin as a student?
Answer- As an international student, you can live comfortably in Berlin for about €1,011 per month. If your budget is limited, you can tighten your belt and look for a low-cost student room. You can also save money on your education by applying for a German scholarship.
Q3. Is studying in Berlin worth it?
Answer- German universities are world-renowned for their engineering and technology programs. German universities are consistently ranked among the best in the world. Berlin has three major universities, and college tuition is relatively low compared to other countries.