Table of Contents
Liverpool John Moores University (abbreviated as LJMU) is one of the largest higher education institutions in the United Kingdom. With more than 25,000 students from 100 countries, LJMU contributes significantly to Liverpool’s cultural landscape.
Aspirants who seek to become a part of the incredible programs offered by Liverpool John Moores University enjoy the benefits of the university’s partnerships. They also gain the opportunity to complete their qualifications or pursue higher education in universities across the United States, Asia, and Europe.
If you dream of going to this university, this blog is a perfect read for all the information you need about the same. Keep reading!
Liverpool John Moores University- A brief!
The university has been named after Sir John Moores, the philanthropist, and entrepreneur who founded a thriving retail empire by the name of ‘Littlewoods’. Currently, the university comprises 3 large campuses, including the main ‘City’ campus.
One of the key aspects of LJMU is the contributions from partners such as the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, the Everyman Theatre, and Tate Liverpool. These partners have contributed to making the education and culture facilitated by this university accessible to students across the world.
Eligibility for Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU)
LJMU has a specific set of eligibility criteria that students need to meet to gain admission to their chosen program. One of the key components of the eligibility criteria is the English language requirement.
Given the circumstances caused by COVID-19, LJMU currently accepts the following as proof of English Language proficiency for the academic year of 2022-
Besides this, students need to present the minimum scores of their qualifications as specified on the website for their country.
Additionally, the following tests need to be completed (as applicable) with minimum scores and more to get admission to Liverpool John Moores University-
|Duolingo English Test||110-119 (if IELTS score is 6.5-6.0) |
100-109 (if IELTS score is 6.0-5.5)
|Trinity Integrated Skills in English Level III||Pass in all skills|
|Trinity Integrated Skills in English Level IV||Pass in all skills|
|Cambridge CAE||Grade C|
A minimum score of 169
No skill less than 162
|PTE (Pearson Test of English) Academic||57|
Aspirants who are seeking entry into postgraduate programs at LJMU need to meet the following requirements-
|Program||Minimum IELTS score|
|Taught Master’s Programs||6.0-7.0|
|Research Programs (MPhils/PhDs)||6.5|
LJMU is recognized for its vast array of more than 240 internationally recognized undergraduate programs. These programs provide students with enough opportunities to gain relevant exposure in the industry.
Some of the most popular undergraduate programs at Liverpool John Moores University are:
- BA (Hons) English Literature
- BSc (Hons) Computer Security
- BSc (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Health and Social Care
- BSc (Hons) Sport Nutrition
- BA (Hons) Drama
- BSc (Hons) Public Health
- BA (Hons) Interior Architecture
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- BEng (Hons) Mechatronics and Autonomous Systems
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design and Illustrations
LJMU offers 161 Masters programs across a wide range of subjects, including:
- Natural Science & Mathematics
- Education & Training
- Business & Management
- Medicine & Health
- Social Sciences Hospitality, Leisure & Sports
- Journalism & Media
Additionally, aspirants can opt to pursue Pre-Master’s programs in any of the following disciplines:
- Engineering & Technology
- Duration – 3 Months
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Duration – 3 Months
Liverpool John Moores University- Internships and career support
An integral component of the academic programs offered by LJMU is the compulsory internship projects that students are required to undertake.
- LJMU offers Level 5 and Level 6 (second and third-year) students the unique opportunity to participate in a part-time and paid internship with a local organization.
- Students can choose their organization and a suitable project that enhances their employability skills and help them grow in their careers.
- In addition to their internship wages, students of Liverpool John Moores University are paid a living wage to ensure that they are able to complete their studies.
- Also, the internships are funded by the university and can be completed alongside university work or during the summer break.
Additionally, first-year students get the opportunity to participate in LJMU’s career employability and development program.
- Named ‘CareerSmart’, this program helps groom students from Day 1 to align their efforts towards accomplishing their professional goals.
- The program is a core module of their regular syllabus. Once complete, students will be provided additional services to support career development.
- CareerSmart will also introduce an e-learning tool that helps students make informed choices about their careers. This can help them consider their development areas, strengths, and options before making a decision.
- LJMU is one of the largest universities in the United Kingdom that is home to students from across the globe.
- Recognized for providing quality education, many opt for Liverpool John Moores University’s programs and opportunities that come with their partnerships.
- The official website of the university contains all the information about the eligibility criteria for national and international students.
- There are several undergraduate and postgraduate programs for aspirants to choose from.
- The internship opportunities and career support offered by LJMU help aspirants prepare for professional ventures once their education is complete.
Now that you know all about this university, you can begin your application process the right way. If you need any assistance with the application or study abroad process, reach out to us. We’d be happy to help.
Q1. How many Ph.D. programs does Liverpoool John Moores University offer?
Answer- LJMU offers 14 unique Ph.D. programs to choose from.
Q2. Does Liverpool John Moores University offer an online program?
Answer- Yes, LJMU offers 14 online courses! Some popular subjects include Humanities, Law, and Social Sciences.
Q3. When was Liverpool John Moores University founded?
Answer- Liverpool John Moores University was founded in 1823 as a Mechanics Institute.