Table of Contents
- 1. Eligibility
- 2. Courses Offered
- 3. Work prospects
- 4. Reasons to Choose Coventry University London
- Key Takeaways
In 2019, Coventry University was home to more than 29,000 undergraduate and 6000 postgraduate students. This made Coventry among the United Kingdom’s fastest-growing universities and the 6th largest college in the country. The university is also the fourth largest university outside of London. One of the most recognized aspects of Coventry University is that its campus in London is located at the heart of the city’s financial district. Therefore, the college has some of the most recognized and reputed companies in the world in its vicinity. The employability and global experience offered by this university are, therefore, significant.
A key opportunity presented to all students taking undergraduate and postgraduate courses is the option to pursue a credit-bearing internship. This is similar to the program offered by Princeton University. The internship opportunities are often through known organizations and can support placement once the student completes their degree. As a result, students graduate with significant exposure to the functioning of the industry.
If you are considering pursuing your education at Coventry University here is what you need to know.
The eligibility criteria for Coventry University vary depending upon the course and level of qualification. More information on the eligibility of national and international students is available on the official website of the course.
The eligibility criteria for some of the most popular courses at Coventry University for international students are:
Bachelor of Business Administration
Students seeking to pursue a BBA course from Coventry University need to present proof of ‘English as a Foreign Language’ with an IELTS score of 6.5 and more. Additionally, aspirants need to achieve up to 60% in their 2 or 3-year full-time university degree or a minimum of 55% in a 3-year full-time university degree.
Bachelor of Science in Biological and Forensic Sciences
Students who want to pursue the recognized BSc in Biological and Forensic Sciences course from Coventry University London also need to present an ‘English as a Foreign Language’ certificate with an IELTS score of 6.5 and more. Students also need to score a minimum of 60% in 10+2 examinations with 65% and more in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Master of Science in Information Technology
For students considering an MSc in Information Technology, an ‘English as a Foreign Language’ certificate is mandatory. Students are also expected to score a minimum of 6.5 in their IELTS attempt. Additionally, aspirants need to have an honours degree or an equivalent qualification in information technology, computing, and/or information systems.
The eligibility criteria, however, are different for aspirants from the United Kingdom (UK).
The eligibility criteria for UK students include:
- A Levels – Applicants are need to clear 3 A2 levels. There are, however, some courses that are require aspirants to pass A2 levels in specific nominated subjects.
- GCSE Requirements – Undergraduate applicants to Coventry University residing in UK need to have 5 GCSEs grades of 9-4 or A* to C. These grades need to be scored in the subjects of Mathematics and English as well.
- Interviews – Some courses offered by Coventry University include interviews as a mandatory part of the admission criteria. The voluntary interview helps aspirants and the course team determine if the student is a good fit with regards to motivation, abilities, and academic demands.
2. Courses Offered
Coventry University offers a wide range of coveted undergraduate and postgraduate options for aspirants to consider.
Some of the most popular undergraduate courses offered include:
- BA (Hons) Advertising and Marketing
- BSc Accounting and Finance for International Business
- BA (Hons) Business and Human Resource Management
- BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- BSc (Hons) Accountancy
- BA (Hons) Marketing and Business
- BA (Hons) Event Management
- BSc (Hons) Finance and Investment
- BA (Hons) Marketing
- BA (Hons) Sports Management
Additionally, Coventry University London offers a number of postgraduate courses for aspirants to choose from. Some of the most popular postgraduate courses include:
- MSc Air Transport Management
- MSc Advanced Mechanical Engineering
- PG Certification in Crisis, Security, and Resilience
- MSc Civil Engineering
- MSc Computer Science
- PG Certification in Disaster Risk and Resilience
- M.Sc Construction Project and Cost Management
- MSc in Cyber Security
- M.Sc in Computational Intelligence and Data Science
- MSc in Disaster Management and Resilience
3. Work prospects
As mentioned above, Coventry University London is situated at the heart of London’s financial district. This means that the university offers various work experience opportunities in the form of:
- One-on-One and Group Consulting
- Simulation Projects
- Study and Work Abroad Schemes
- Entrepreneurial Projects
The above work opportunities are significant in helping students secure internships and work placements. These, however, are subject to visa requirements, competitive applications, and additional costs per application.
4. Reasons to Choose Coventry University London
Coventry University is among the most recognized and appreciated universities across the world. From a vast range of courses and impeccable educational infrastructure, here are 3 reasons to choose this university:
Dedicated Student Experience
Coventry University has an expert teaching staff and regular investments in facilities. The environment and services are designed to maximize the potential of all students. One of the key educational facilities is the Disruptive Media Learning Lab that inspires focused learning. Additionally, maths and specialist writing support centres facilitate problem-solving and provide guidance on writing excellent assignments.
Coventry University London focuses on helping students achieve their goals in their chosen careers. With a specialized Talent Team, students are provided dedicated career support that is tailored to their skills and requirements. The Talent Team also helps build confidence among students, enhance their resumes and provide opportunities for the best available graduate jobs in the country.
Numerous Global Opportunities
In addition to opportunities in the country, Coventry University also offers a number of chances for students to experience education and living abroad. Aspirants are encouraged to embark on adventures such as learning a new language, taking regular field trips, or studying and working abroad. These global experiences help develop important skills that help students develop an edge.
- Coventry University is a recognized university located in the United Kingdom that attracts thousands of students from across the globe.
- The eligibility criteria for the courses offered vary depending upon the course selected by the aspirant. More information can be found on the official website of the course. Consequently, the eligibility criteria also varies for national and international students.
- There are a large number of undergraduate and postgraduate courses for candidates to choose from.
- Coventry University London is recognized for its incredible educational infrastructure and dedication towards enriching a student’s life and experience.
Q1. Does Coventry University offer a Renewable Energy course?
Answer – Yes, Coventry University offers an MSc in Renewable Energy Management course.
Q2. What is the fee of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Studies course?
Answer – The fee of the BSc Nursing Studies course is EUR 13,900.
Q3. Does Coventry University have an undergraduate course for Fashion students?
Answer – Yes, Coventry University offers a BA (Hons) in International Fashion Management and Marketing.
Feel free to reach out to us regarding any help choosing the right course and university!