Table of Contents
- About London College of Fashion
- Why study in London?
- Basic information about the London College of Fashion
- London College of Fashion courses
- Technical personnel
- Learning Technology Support at LCF
- Key takeaways
About London College of Fashion
The London College of Fashion, UAL, believes in using fashion and its industrial significance to shape lives and drive economic and social transformation. The college is a total fashion ecology in which they investigate the past to create a sustainable future and improve the way we live. They provide courses in all aspects of fashion, from business to design and curation. Let’s find out more about the college.
Why study in London?
The below reasons explain why you should pursue your studies in London-
As a fashion destination, London will provide you with many opportunities in fashion weeks, fashion runways, top fashion brands, designer labels, and much more.
London has a long fashion history and is one of the world’s top four fashion capitals.
London is home to people from all over the world. This cultural diversity immediately impacts and shapes the city’s fashion scene. Cultural diversity can inspire students to showcase their work.
London is close to other fashion destinations. It allows students to attend fashion events in cities such as Paris and Milan.
Studying fashion in London provides students access to various fashion-related job opportunities. Internships and jobs with some of the best and most experienced companies are available to students.
London College of Fashion ranking
Ceoworld magazine ranks London College of Fashion number 1 on the Best Fashion Schools in the World 2022.
Basic information about the London College of Fashion
|Type||Public College (part of the University of Arts London)|
|Average Tuition Fee||£22,920/ year|
|Popular alumni||Jimmy Choo, Chris Liu, Rupert Sanderson, Patrick Cox|
Both domestic and international students can apply for admission online. International students have additional requirements and must be cautious with their visa process to complete it on time. Students must apply in advance if they want the college to consider them for scholarships. Below are a few requirements
- Application Portal- UCAS Application Portal
- Application form for UCAS
- Transcripts from high school, including grades from the last three years, with a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Proof of English fluency- Applicants’ IELTS/PTE/CAE/CPE scores
- Passport copies
- Portfolio (according to course requirements)
- Work experience
- Statement of Purpose/Personal Essay
- Recommendation Letters
- Health insurance cover
- Proof of financial support (you must provide a dated bank statement with an official signature and the Declaration of Finances.)
- In-person interview/video conference
- 1 passport-sized headshot
- 1 academic citation
- Recent grade transcript
- 64 new UCAS tariff points
- Three GCSEs at grade 4 or higher
London College of Fashion courses
Here are the courses offered at the London College of Fashion
- Pre-degree courses
- Undergraduate courses
- Integrated Masters Courses
- Postgraduate courses
- Study Abroad
- Collaborative Challenge
- Short Courses
- School of Media and Communication
- Cultural and Historical Studies
- School of Design and Technology
- Online and low residency courses
Take a look at the subjects offers by the college
- 3D design and product design
- Accessories, footwear and jewellery
- Animation, interactive, film and sound
- Architecture, spatial and interior design
- Business & management, and science
- Communication and graphic design
- Fashion communication
- Creative Computing
- Curation and culture
- Fashion business
- Fashion design
- Fashion making and pattern cutting
- Fashion styling and make up
- Fine art
- Journalism, PR, media and publishing
- Language courses
- Performance and design for theatre and screen
- Textiles and materials
Across six London locations, the London College of Fashion provides students with specialized facilities such as equipment, tools, and resources.
It includes the UK’s most prominent fashion library and archive (renovated in 2013), sample and sewing rooms, a 3D modeling room, cosmetic science labs, visual merchandising suites, and make-up studios.
Students can explore fashion technology with CAD/CAM facilities, suites, and 3D printers, while our two galleries host exciting exhibitions and events throughout the year.
They have machinery you won’t find in many places and fantastic technical staff to show you how to use it. They make sure you have everything you require (and a lot more you didn’t know you needed), from the Digital Anthropology Lab working with augmented reality on John Princes Street to the dye and flax garden on Mare Street.
Throughout your time here, our technicians will be a huge help, teaching you the intricacies of the machinery and how to become a master artisan.
E-learning, which promotes flexible and independent learning, enhances on-campus activity at LCF. The Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) enables you to participate in various projects and collaborate with other students, faculty, and industry. They use Moodle to provide course notes, timetables, and room reservations.
Learning Technology Support at LCF
Learning Technology Support is a dedicated internal team of production specialists and support staff. They manage the Open Access areas at each of LCF’s five locations and come from various backgrounds and skills, including graphic and web design, desktop publishing, video production, and CAD/CAM.
LTS has its website for current staff and students. The website contains current information about the Open Access areas, Mac and PC availability, room bookings, scanning and reprographics, contact information, event production, and AV equipment hire guidance.
- The London College of Fashion is well-known for providing distinct and one-of-a-kind disciplines.
- They offer more than 70 undergraduate and postgraduate degrees and 165 short courses in every subject.
- It has one of the largest student bodies, with approximately 5,000 students enrolled in BA and MA programs.
- The college’s course offerings are expanded with highly specialized courses, and it is a leader in fashion research covering topics such as sustainable fashion practice.
Did you find this blog helpful? Do share your thoughts and perspectives in the comments section below. For more information on the London College of Fashion, please contact us by clicking here. We would be happy to assist you with your queries.
Liked this blog? Read next: All you need to know about the University of Illinois at Chicago
Q1. What is the London College of Fashion acceptance rate?
Answer- The undergraduate acceptance rate at the London College of Fashion is 23%, and the postgraduate acceptance rate is 36%.
Q2. What is the London College of Fashion fees for international students?
Answer- As of 2022, the fee for undergraduate international students is £23,610. For MA courses, fees vary according to higher, standard, and lower rates. The fee for the higher rate is £33,890.
Q3. What does the London College of Fashion photography teach students?
Answer- Master the art of storytelling with this ever-changing medium. Their courses will help you develop your perspective on everything from fashion to fine art photography.
See what others are saying
last year cut off marks for admission
One of our counselors will get in touch with you soon!
All the best.
You can also contact us-
Phone +91 9145332283