Table of Contents
- Marketing Management | A pathway to enter major industries!
- What is marketing management?
- Best colleges to study Marketing Management
- 1. Columbia Business School (U.S.A.)
- 2. HEC Paris (France)
- 3. Imperial College Business School (The U.K.)
- 4. ESSEC Business School (France, Singapore)
- 5. Manchester (Alliance) Business School (The U.K)
- 6. EMLYON Business School (Paris)
- 7. The University of California, Anderson School of Management (U.S.A.)
- 8. Stanford Graduate School of Business (U.S.A.)
- 9. ESADE Business School (Spain)
- 10. Warwick Business School (The U.K)
- 11. EDHEC Business School (France)
- 12. WU Vienna University of Economics and Business (Austria)
- Eligibility for studying Marketing Management abroad
- Key takeaways
Marketing Management | A pathway to enter major industries!
We know that marketing is a requirement in every sector, and it’s also rapidly developing to adjust to the newest trends. If you are looking to secure a high-paying job in the corporate sector, then a marketing management degree can fetch you many options. It’s a great study option, as it offers a very lucrative career for students.
Read on to know more about the course and how you can pursue it from the top universities in the world. But before we delve into details, let’s understand marketing management!
What is marketing management?
Marketing management is nothing but a customer-oriented process to find the best opportunities that can create profits by satisfying customers. It involves the handling of various aspects of marketing for an organization. A marketing manager is responsible for developing new strategies based on an analysis of the current market trends. It involves research, study, and also coming up with creative ideas to market a product in the best manner possible.
Generally, a Marketing Manager oversees marketing campaigns for a company, takes care of promotional activities, and manages different teams to run a successful marketing campaign.
Subjects in marketing management prepare you to understand and analyze the trends of a market so that you can set marketing goals as per them. They offer this course as a master’s degree that one can pursue after graduation from any stream of study.
Now that we have a better understanding of this field, let’s dive into the best colleges for you!
Best colleges to study Marketing Management
Marketing management is taught in the top business schools and universities across the world. So, you can pursue an MBA in marketing management or an MS in marketing management. Here are some of the top colleges where you can study the subject-
This is a two-semester-long course that focuses on marketing analytics. The course trains you to analyze the demands of consumers by combining quantitative skills along with creative market insights.
Course offered: MS in Marketing Science
Course fee: $31,420/ Semester
This is an 8-10 month long course that combines the study of digital marketing and the traditional marketing approach. Also, with subjects like Big Data included in the course, you become equipped to handle an evolving market.
Course offered: MSc in Marketing
Course fee: $30,650 for the entire course
3. Imperial College Business School (The U.K.)
World-renowned faculty teaches you about the fundamentals of marketing in this 12-month-long course. This course teaches you fundamental marketing methods and uses them to solve real-world marketing problems.
It also focuses on the technological aspect of marketing and the developing marketing scenario of the world. The course also includes a marketing management project and a placement for students.
Course offered: MSc in Strategic Marketing
Course fee: $34,400 / year
4. ESSEC Business School (France, Singapore)
ESSEC Business School is one of France’s oldest business schools. It’s also an elite French school that also allows students the opportunity to explore international studying options with a campus in Singapore. You are taught a variety of management subjects like organizational theory, strategy management, and financial accounting, along with marketing management. The course also includes studying a foreign language, which is compulsory for all students.
Course offered: MSc in Marketing Management and Digital Marketing
5. Manchester (Alliance) Business School (The U.K)
The one-year course helps you develop a critical appreciation for marketing strategies. You can either choose to pursue a corporate career after the course or pursue a doctorate in the field of marketing. You get to learn about important marketing subjects like b2b marketing, services marketing, and consumer behavior among other subjects.
Course offered: MSc in Marketing
Course fee: $29,000 a year (for international students, including EU).
This 18-month course is taught by one of the premier French institutions. The course also has a specialized focus on the luxury industry and includes a 6-month internship so that you can gain industry experience. It’s taught in English so that it is more suitable for foreign students who want to learn more about marketing and management in the world of fashion.
Course offered: Master’s in Luxury Management and Marketing
Tuition fee: €34,000
7. The University of California, Anderson School of Management (U.S.A.)
The two-year MBA program in marketing is a great course that will help you advance your career. MBA in Marketing focuses on the concept of marketing management and prepares you to tackle real-world marketing problems in two years.
Course offered: Marketing MBA
Course fee: $52, 272 for the 2-year course
Stanford Graduate Business School is one of the topmost business schools in the U.S.A. The MBA in Marketing course is a two-year program. There are many employment opportunities from top marketing recruiters worldwide if you complete an MBA from Stanford.
Course offered: Marketing MBA
Tuition fees: $76,950/ year
9. ESADE Business School (Spain)
ESADE Business School in Spain is a center of academic excellence and also helps you cultivate strategic thinking in the field of marketing management. The course helps you understand consumer vantage points to create better marketing strategies. Moreover, you learn about marketing management for various sectors like sports, fashion, health, e-commerce, and technology, among others.
Course offered: MSc in Marketing Management
The 12-month-long MSc program helps you develop a theoretical background for deciding from the company and the consultant’s viewpoint. You learn courses like brand management, business planning as a consultant, and strategic planning for a company.
Course offered: MSc in Marketing Strategy
Course fees: $32,250/ year
This is an 18-month course where you learn to develop executive-level marketing strategies with a global approach. Market research is emphasized, and you also learn industry-specific skill sets to improve your employability after graduation.
Course offered: Master in Marketing Management
Course fees: $23,450
This 2-year long course provides you with a hands-on education that will prepare you to address difficult marketing challenges once you start working. You establish a research-based analytical approach to marketing that enables you to create consumer-centric marketing.
Course offered: Masters in Marketing
Course fees: $726.72/ Semester
Eligibility for studying Marketing Management abroad
To study a management course outside your country of residence, you will need to fulfill certain basic criteria such as-
- You need a bachelor’s degree in a business, commerce, or economics-related stream with an aggregate of 50% marks. The course you have done should also be from a recognized university.
- You must pass the GMAT examination if you plan to pursue an MBA in marketing management.
- If you plan to pursue an MS in marketing management, you will need to pass the GRE examination.
- Certain universities also accept either one examination, regardless of the specific marketing course. You should check out the details on the particular university website carefully.
- If you are a resident of a non-native English-speaking nation, you will also need to pass a language proficiency test. English language proficiency tests include TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE. Any of these language proficiency tests suffice for admission eligibility.
- A marketing management course is a Master’s level course that focuses on the aspect of marketing for a business.
- A marketing manager oversees the marketing strategies for a company or acts as a consultant.
- Marketing management includes research, analysis, creative inputs, and also team management.
- You can pursue an MBA in marketing management or an MS in marketing management from some of the top universities in the world.
- When you graduate from the topmost universities in the world, you are in a prime position to be employed by some of the largest companies in the world.
This is all we have for now. If you have any doubts, you can get in touch with us. Or you can also comment below!
Liked this blog? Read next: 60 new words in English with meanings!
Q1. What is the salary of a Marketing Manager?
Answer- The average salary of a Marketing Manager in the USA is $66,858 in a year. The salary increases with experience and expertise in the field.
Q2. Is it necessary to study BBA as an undergraduate to be eligible to study Marketing Management for my Master’s?
Answer- No, it is not compulsory to graduate with a BBA degree to be eligible to study marketing management. However, a background in the field of business studies helps with a master’s degree.
Q3. What are some of the most popular marketing management jobs?
Answer- Some popular marketing management jobs include market research analyst, marketing coordinator, social media manager, public relations manager, consumer behavior analyst, and also digital marketing manager, among other profiles.
Q4. What should I study for marketing management?
Answer- Some of the disciplines of the course include-
- Product Development
- Market Research
- Public Relations
- Brand Management
Q5. What are the different types of Marketing Management?
Answer- The types of marketing management are-
- Brand management
- Marketing strategy
- Product development
- Media Relations
- Internal marketing, etc.
Q6. Does the University of London offer a Marketing Management course?
Answer- Yes, the university offers a course that includes topics such as an overview of marketing history and theory, consumer behavior, branding and product development, CRM, etc.
This course is also a part of other courses offered by the university, including-
- BSc Business and Management
- BSc Economics and Management
- Management and Digital Innovation