Table of Contents
MBA in New Zealand | Why study in New Zealand?
If you are pursuing an MBA abroad, New Zealand is an excellent option to consider. With its high-quality education, diverse culture, and excellent job prospects, programs of MBA in New Zealand are tailored to meet the needs of international students.
New Zealand universities offer a wide range of MBA globally recognized and accredited programs, ensuring a world-class education. In addition, the New Zealand education system is known for its innovative teaching methods and practical learning. Therefore, making MBA in New Zealand an ideal higher studies option.
Top universities to pursue MBA in New Zealand
There are several renowned universities that offer high-quality MBA programs in the country. Here are some of the top MBA colleges in New Zealand-
- University of Auckland Business School: With a high ranking worldwide, The University of Auckland Business School offers a range of MBA programs, including an Executive MBA and an International MBA. The programs provide real-world experience, exposure to global business practices, as well as the skills needed to succeed in today’s fast-paced business environment.
- Victoria University, Wellington School of Business and Government: The Victoria University of Wellington School of Business and Government offers a highly regarded MBA program that focuses on innovation and entrepreneurship. Additionally, the design of the program is to help you develop the required skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the global business environment.
- University of Otago Business School: The University of Otago Business School is known for its highly ranked MBA program, which is designed to provide you with a solid foundation in business principles and practices.
- AUT Business School: The AUT Business School offers a range of MBA programs, including an Executive MBA and a Master of Business.
Cost of studying in New Zealand
The cost varies depending on the university and the program chosen. On average, the cost of pursuing an MBA in New Zealand ranges from NZD 30,000 to NZD 60,000 per year. However, the cost of living in New Zealand is relatively high. Thus, you should budget for accommodation, transportation, and other expenses.
Popular MBA specializations
New Zealand universities offer a range of MBA specializations to cater to your diverse needs. Some of the popular MBA specializations in New Zealand include-
- Finance: MBA in Finance is a popular specialization in New Zealand, with many universities offering a comprehensive curriculum that covers topics such as investment analysis, financial risk management, and corporate finance.
- Marketing: MBA in Marketing is another popular specialization in New Zealand that provides the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in the dynamic marketing industry.
- Entrepreneurship: MBA in Entrepreneurship is an excellent choice for those interested in starting their own business. This specialization covers topics such as business planning, venture capital, and innovation management.
- Healthcare Management: MBA in Healthcare Management is a specialization that is gaining popularity in New Zealand, given the growing demand for skilled professionals in the healthcare sector. This program covers topics such as healthcare policies, healthcare economics, and healthcare delivery systems.
Admission process for MBA in New Zealand
The eligibility requirements and admission process for MBA in New Zealand vary depending on the university and program chosen.
- Educational qualifications: You must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized institution. Moreover, some universities may require you to have a minimum GPA or work experience.
- English language proficiency: International students must demonstrate proficiency in the English language by taking standardized tests such as TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE.
- GMAT/GRE: Many universities require you to take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) to assess your analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Application process: You must also submit your application form along with your academic transcripts, English language proficiency scores, GMAT/GRE scores (if required), and other supporting documents.
- Admission decision: The university will review the application and inform you of their admission decision.
Scholarship opportunities in New Zealand
Several universities in New Zealand offer scholarships, grants, and financial aid to international students to help offset the cost of tuition and living expenses. Here are some of the scholarships available for pursuing an MBA in New Zealand-
- University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to international students who have demonstrated academic excellence and leadership potential. The scholarship covers tuition fees and living expenses.
- Victoria International Excellence Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to international students who have demonstrated academic excellence and leadership potential. The scholarship covers tuition fees and living expenses.
- University of Otago International Master’s Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to international students who have excellent academic credentials and have been accepted into a master’s degree program at the University of Otago. The scholarship covers tuition fees and provides a living allowance.
- AUT International Excellence Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to international students who have demonstrated academic excellence and leadership potential. The scholarship covers tuition fees and provides a living allowance.
- New Zealand International Scholarships: The New Zealand government offers several scholarships to international students who wish to pursue a master’s degree in New Zealand. In addition, these scholarships cover tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs.
- New Zealand is a popular study destination for those who wish to pursue an MBA.
- Best colleges in New Zealand include the University of Auckland Business School, Victoria University of Wellington School of Business and Government, University of Otago Business School, and AUT Business School.
- The cost of pursuing an MBA in New Zealand is nearly NZD 60,000 per year, with scholarship opportunities.
- There are various popular specializations in New Zealand, such as, Finance, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, and Healthcare Management.
- Pursuing an MBA in New Zealand can provide you with a high-quality education, exposure to a diverse culture, as well as excellent job prospects.
We hope you enjoyed reading this blog. In case of any queries, or assistance with studying abroad, reach out to us or drop a comment below!
Liked this blog? Read next: Best tips to create an SOP for MBA in New Zealand
Q1. How much does it cost to study in New Zealand?
Answer- The cost of pursuing an MBA in New Zealand ranges from NZD 30,000 to NZD 60,000 per year. However, it depends on the university and program chosen.
Q2. Does MBA in New Zealand require GMAT?
Answer- Many universities in New Zealand require you to take the GMAT to assess your analytical and reasoning abilities.
Q3. Can I get a job in New Zealand after MBA?
Answer- Yes, after completing your MBA in New Zealand can obtain a Post-Study Work Visa that allows you to stay and work in New Zealand for up to three years after completing your studies.